[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Madan no Ou to Vanadis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: MnOtV_vol13_461.jpg (37 KB, 425x599) Image search: [Google]
MnOtV_vol13_461.jpg
37 KB, 425x599
Another author unwilling to take the risk of harem end.

Why is nips people so beta?
>>
Another faggot crying because his favorite girl lost.

Stay mad.
>>
Ellen a best.
>>
>>141384699
>only one winner
shit. I liked Ellen the most, but I kinda wish the author had gone full harem end.

Not that I plan to actually read it or buy the novels, so y'no.
>>
>>141384699
Harem ends are shit and the definition of "unwilling to take a risk".
>>
>>141384699
Why do they need like 12 loser girls in the first place? Does anyone care about the non-main girl in these LN harem when it's so obvious they won't go anywhere?
>>
>>141384759
Harem ends are shit if on the whole way to the end, the author only focuses on the main heroine.

If the author makes it balanced harem all along, and decide to end it with one heroine end to go along with the vote, then it's shit.
>>
>>141384815
Some of the girls got quite a chance though, like the main girl's adjutant and the queen.
>>
>>141384699
>the risk of harem end.

This is the dumbest thing I've read all day. Harem end requires no risk at all. It's just a "they all win!" copout because the author is too scared of upsetting the niggers who like the loser girls.
>>
>>141384699
So, mirafag whining?
>>
Elen is the main wife. The others are allowed to be concubines as long as they remember they're 3rd place, at best.

It's harem end done right. Best girl rightfully wins. The others get thrown a bone so they can pretend they matter.
>>
>>141384699

I wonder why they don't have the MC try some of the other girls before finally choosing the main heroine?
>>
>>141384699
>from retainers cant be romanced to cock craved slut

How big is the T?
>>
Does he give her the D?
>>
>>141385274
People get pretty upset with harem ends anon. Not winning means you have lost to these people.
>>
Good, harem ends are absolute shit.

Usually they don't even make any fucking sense because most girls try to monopolize the MC in harem stories, so their characters become really inconsistent when they suddenly want to share him.

Not to mention they're a fucking copout to avoid making girls losing and fans mad, it's literally the opposite of taking a risk.
>>
>>141388626
There are too many faggots who want harem end anon. Why?
>>
>>141388626
That's why for a harem end you should just make it obvious from the beginning.
>>
>>141384699

I remember spoilers from a few months ago, some anon said they fucked but Tigre was still gonna marry Lyz, it was some form of political marriage, was that fake?
>>
>>141388227
He gives her the T though.
>>
File: MnOtV_vol13_467.jpg (44 KB, 425x599) Image search: [Google]
MnOtV_vol13_467.jpg
44 KB, 425x599
>>141386847
>>141388227
She sure looks quite satisfied there.
>>
>>141389307
In volume 14, Ellen decided to have Tigre married to Lym to make sure he's tied to Zhcted. This plan is agreed upon by Ellen and other Vanadises.

Although in the end Tigre profess his love to Ellen in front of other girls, Ellen herself said she wouldn't mind if Tigre take other girls as his concubines, as long as it's limited to Titta and Sophie.
>>
>>141389543
Funny thing is, Tigre also slept with Lym in the latest volume, but it didn't get an illustration.
>>
File: Tenchi Muyo!.jpg (671 KB, 1159x1600) Image search: [Google]
Tenchi Muyo!.jpg
671 KB, 1159x1600
>people ITT actually saying that harem ends are bad
I beg your fucking pardon?
>>
>>141389912

Wait. What? Do you have a translation?

I must know.
>>
>>141385274
Harem ends can also upset people, especially if people avidly believe the main girl or some other girl is sure to win and then it ends up not being the case. Still, one girl winning generates the most pain as far as I've seen.
>>
Who cares, only retards read this kind of shit so I doubt they'd really care about harem/non-harem end
>>
>>141384699
It's still going for harem end you dumbass.
>>
>>141390191
What do you expect? This board is filled with normalfags, crossboarders, and whiny 3dpd now.
>>
>>141390191
No X ending is bad or good by default. It all depends on the build up and how it fits in the story, in the setting etc. Even a plot twist ending or an open ending can be good depending on the situation.
>>
>>141384699
It's still going to be an harem end
>>
>>141390469
Papa no ikuto for example had another girl winning and focused onso damn much. Suddenly little niece wins out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1417883298204.jpg (202 KB, 1920x1546) Image search: [Google]
1417883298204.jpg
202 KB, 1920x1546
>>141384699
Mila best girl.
>>
>>141365774
>>
>>141390632
Are you fucking serious? Harem ends are the most pleb shit out there, literally made for fans to not feel bad about "their" girl losing.

>>141390191
It would've been better if it made any fucking sense for Ryoko and Ayeka to share Tenchi.

Harem ends are almost always shit that the author pulls out of his ass.
>>
>>141389676
>no Mila
fucking gay
>>
>>141391092
Fuck that. Harem should ACTUALLY MEAN harem where the MC is based and fucks every girl rather than being a beta indecisive faggot who almost always ends up choosing worst girl.
>>
>>141384843
>Harem ends are shit if on the whole way to the end, the author only focuses on the main heroine.
Top kek. Even animeonly fags clearly got the hint: Elen was the only one who ever stood a chance, the other girls were eyecandy and token rivals. A harem end would be the cop-out here, and any other girl winning would come out of left field.

>B-But Tigre had a cute moment with [muh waifu]
Yeah, that's what we call tension. But look at it like this: best girl won, which means you can always get your shitty waifu's sloppy seconds.
>>
>>141391179
Literally wish fulfillment.

Being a beta faggot MC has shit to do with a story being harem or not. In fact, a good MC that actively chases and gets one girl is a lot better than an MC that fucks everyone even when it doesn't make any sense, which is what a lot of harems where MC gets to fuck end up doing.

Even blue balls series that are likely to end in a harem ending like Shinmai or DxD have the MC doing lewd shit to characters that don't even belong to the main harem. It becomes repetitive and boring.

It's not that it can't be done well, but most of the time it ends up being shit.

Tenchi is literally the best harem ending out there, and it still has issues like how it doesn't make any sense for Ayeka and Ryoko to get along well enough to be married to the same man.
>>
>>141384699
But it is aiming for harem end.

Tigre still doesn't have a big enough status to marry a vanadis yet.

He needs to be Duke Class at least.
>>
>>141391517
But most of the time it's MC being a beta who ends up choosing just one girl who usually is the worst or being completely indecisive and the series ends inconclusively. Harem endings are more rare nowadays.
>>
>>141391653
Most of the time harem ends have beta MCs too, what's your fucking point?

That has shit to do with how a story ends.
>>
>>141391517
I think Ayeka and Ryoko agreed to a truce since both agreed that they could set aside their differences so long as they could both make Tenchi happy.
>>
File: This pain is unbearable.png (1 MB, 1491x836) Image search: [Google]
This pain is unbearable.png
1 MB, 1491x836
>>141391179
>a beta indecisive faggot
Nigga please, Tigre is anything but beta. He is a skilled warrior and decent tactician who sticks with those whom he is honorbound to protect even if breaking his oath would benefit him personally. If that's beta, then being alpha isn't a good thing.

>>141391623
>He needs to be Duke Class at least.
Aren't the Vanadis technically duchesses? Isn't Tigre an Earl? Isn't he only one rank below them and therefore completely eligible for marriage?
>>
>>141384759
You're mixing harem end with open end.
>>
>>141391691
My point is that it's frustrating, dumb, and unrealistic when a beta character has so many girls lusting after his cock in the first place.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not the issue of which girl ends up winning, but the MC that the love interests tend to pursue.

I want to actually BELIEVE that MC is worth being pursued by so many cute girls rather than be expected to accept that a bunch of cute girls all unanimously want to fuck some wimpy dumbass little pissant fuccboi made as a self-insert for lonely otaku faggots.
>>141391698
I never accused Tigre of being beta. Quit putting words in my mouth. I just said that MOST, NOT ALL harem MCs are beta.
>>
>>141390953
He was punished for it
>>
File: 1426952739763.jpg (279 KB, 850x1235) Image search: [Google]
1426952739763.jpg
279 KB, 850x1235
>>
>>141391951
>My point is that it's frustrating, dumb, and unrealistic when a beta character has so many girls lusting after his cock in the first place.

Anon, I agree with this, but that has nothing to do with the issue at hand, which is that harem ends are usually shit and they're literally the opposite to what OP said, as they're the most safe ending aside from an open one.

Though OP is wrong on Vanadis too, as it's most likely going to have a harem ending.
>>
>>141390632
>>141391092
>>141391517
>>141391951
>all of these buzzwords and whining
>thinks that his opinion is actually worth anything

Case in point.
>>
>>141390191
I don't think new /a/ generation knows about Tenchi
>>
>>141392109
Harem ends are fine if the MC is based enough to make it happen rather than a beta male that has it conveniently happen to him without rhyme or reason.
>>
>>141392118
>literally replying to random posts in the thread
>thinks that his opinion is actually worth anything
>>
>>141391970
Death is too light a punishment
>>
>>141392198
You're forgetting about the girls though.
Why would a harem end be fine if the girls argue constantly during the story about who's getting the D?

It's complete bullshit when the author pulls a harem ending after the girls made very clear during the whole fucking series that they want the MC for themselves.

>>141392182
People in this thread do seem to know about it.
>>
>>141392284
You make it sound as if all the girls hate each other in every series. Usually the girls tend to get along in most harem series with just two of the group being at odds yet eventually learning to get along.
>>
Mila a shit.
>>
>>141392385
Getting along is not the same as sharing a man.

There are some cases where girls could probably share the MC and it still ended with an open end/single girl, but most of the time harem ends are completely inconsistent because the girls (even if they're friends) don't want to share the MC until the end of the story, at which point they're forced to give up competition because of some contrived bullshit or MC's lack of balls, ending in either a harem end or an open end. This is all the author's fault for not wanting any girl to lose.

For example, I don't buy the bullshit about Ryoko and Ayeka's truce, specially when they pretty much want to kill each other in every Tenchi continuity. It's forced as fuck and I only accepted it because Tenchi was a based MC and the other girls seemed to be alright with sharing him. Like Utawarerumono, where only Eruru seemed to be jealous of other girls while the others didn't seem to care about everyone sharing based Hakuoro.
>>
In the past, men of high standing were expected to have a number of concubines.
They were a status symbol, and to only have one or two, or worse, none, meant you stood to be viewed as a weak man unworthy of your position.
>>
>>141389912
Summarize.
>>
>>141389912
I wish.
>>
>>141392944
>In the past, men of high standing were expected to have a number of concubines.
Leaders of the past weren't beta faggots.
>>
>>141384699
so uh.. is that ellen?
>>
>>141392944
>Beta faggots
>men of high standing
>>
>>141393184
>get a space princess to fall in love with you
>become high-status because of this
>all of the other girls in the universe fall in line
>>
>>141392182
>new /a/ generation knows about Tenchi
neo /a/ knows Tenchi and Slayers
>>
>>141391161
>not wanting to share with your nemesis and long time bully
>fucking gay
She is doing the sensible thing and telling the thieving cat to fuck off.
>>
>>141393133
>>141393184
>>141394041

Rito is an Alpha male then.
>>
>>141392944
Too bad that point is absolutely worthless when discussing storytelling.
>>
File: Best.jpg (142 KB, 960x1355) Image search: [Google]
Best.jpg
142 KB, 960x1355
>>141384699
The retarded underdog faggots are just as guilty as the author. You really shouldn't watch/read a harem series expecting the secondary heroines to win.

>b-b-b-but it looks like they have a chance
It's just an illusion of them having actual chance, stop being so fucking gullible.
>>
>>141384699
I thought it was supposed to be a harem with her as the main girl?
>>
Lewd cirno is far and away the best girl, but I don't mind ellen winning
>>
>>141384699
Blue was better than that horror.
>>
>>141394427
Did Rito accept becoming the next ruler of the universe?
>>
>>141384699
I thought they were setting Tigre up to be king so that he can bang all of the Vanadis.
>>
>>141394829
It may happen, but Elen will always be the main wife while the others will have to deal with her leftovers as concubines. And that is good
>>
>>141394767
He knows that he has no other option.
>>
>Implying Tigre loves anyone other than Ellen
He will probably end up fucking the other Vanadis but there will be no love.
>>
So why the fuck Tigre won't marry the princess, become a king and make harems a reality?
It literally solves all the problems.
Will he bang Tir na Fal too?
>>
Did he fuck Mattaku?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.