[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long will he last?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9
File: whrI6RR.jpg (219 KB, 784x1145) Image search: [Google]
whrI6RR.jpg
219 KB, 784x1145
How long will he last?
>>
The worst part about people expressing their sympathies in this format is that anybody who doesn't do it looks like an asshole in comparison.
The WSJ editorial staff should have warned them.
>>
>>141340952
stop bullying togashi
>>
>>141340952
>Aftershocks are enemies of the heart
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>141341057
>all those apologies
>and then Komi
>>
>>141344198
Oda hometown kumamoto.
>>
Where can I find all of Togashi's past comments?
>>
File: 1414368469443.jpg (24 KB, 241x257) Image search: [Google]
1414368469443.jpg
24 KB, 241x257
>Komi
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>Everyone giving their condolences to the eartquake victims
>Togashi talking about back pain

I don't think Togashi is very sociable.
>>
>>141345537
Did you miss the guy talking about donuts?
>>
>>141340952
>donuts
my fucking sides
he doesn't give a shit
>>
>>141341057

Komi actually knew that most of them would be giving their condolences to the earthquake victims, he just couldn't give less of a fuck.
>>
>>141340952
>everyone: condolences
>komi: DONUTS!
>>
>>141345537
His back is in pain because of the earthquake, lrn2readbetweenlines
>>
File: gon.jpg (62 KB, 477x700) Image search: [Google]
gon.jpg
62 KB, 477x700
Tribute for the 2011 earthquake.
>>
>>141340952
How old are these chumps, like in their 60s? And still writing manga for the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>141345687
I want to be a hunter who helps people during natural disasters.
>>
>>141345709
Sounds like something Ging would do
>>
>>141345687

Gon is a borderline sociopath, unless you're close to him. He wouldn't care.
>>
>>141344393
Seconding this.
>>
>>141345767
>this meme
>>
>>141345767
Favorite meme.
>>
>all those normies pretending to care about society

i'm glad togashi isn't like them. kato, komi, and saeki are the only other ones of any value, it seems.
>>
>>141345699
better than write moeshit
>>
>>141345767
Gon literally risked his life to save some random sailor in the second chapter.
>>
>>141341057
Virtue signalling faggots. They don't actually give a fuck.
>>
>>141346029

How do you know? Maybe they do.
>>
>>141340952
Friendly reminder that Togashi is /fit/ now and could beat you all up at the same time.
>>
>>141345699
>for the lowest common denominator.
that's not you're favorite anime

>>141346029
yes they're all edgy little fucks like you.
>>
>>141340952
There are two people working on boruro?
>>
>>141340952
>Togashi, Komi and Saeki comments
kek
>>
>>141341057
They look like assholes in comparison, because in comparison they *are* assholes. Why should the WSJ staff have warned them?
>>
File: 1462169666669.png (91 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462169666669.png
91 KB, 200x200
>>141340952
>My deepest sympathies to all the victims of the Kumamoto earthquake.
>It has begun. Thanks for your support!
>>
>>141344198
Reread the first part of his comment.

>>141346966
If they weren't lined up like this you wouldn't think that.
If everybody's comment stood on its own it would be completely okay for them not to comment on the catastrophe. It's empty words anyway. They're not assholes. They just missed the memo that today was "wear a black tie in memorial of X" day.
>>
>>141347930
>They just missed the memo that today was "wear a black tie in memorial of X" day.
What are you on about? At the moment, the quakes are the big news story, you cannot miss it and with thousands of people displaced and injured, expressing your sympathies should be the first thing on your mind when you think about what to send in.
There was no memo because there didn't need to be a memo.
>>
>>141348151
>expressing your sympathies should be the first thing on your mind
Why?
I'm not trying to be contrarian here, but whom does it help if they're getting another mention of "deepest sympathy" from yet another guy?
>>
>>141348213
>Why?
Because you care. Are you autistic or something?
>>
>>141346131
>yes they're all edgy little fucks like you.
>implying people give actual fucks about anyone who they don't at the very least know

Must be easy being this naive.
>>
>>141348352
I don't care all day. Life must go on.
>>
>>141348384
You're disgusting.
>>
>>141348369
>lel why should i care about people i don't know?
again, edgy little fuck. /a/ must be ruining your brain.
it must be easy not understanding the concept of empathy.
>>
>>141348446
That came out wrong. I mean I don't *think* about the catastrophe all day and all week.
Being able to push things like to that aside to function in daily life is a normal human trait.
>>
>>141348481
This is an anonymous board anon, you don't get any trendiness points among your normalfag twitter friends, so you can stop signalling already.
>>
>>141348481
Most people don't care about faceless unknown strangers.
>>
>>141346029
Kubo and Sorachi at least are compassionate and sociable fellows.
>>
>>141348481
Thinking something is bad is not the same as caring.
>>
>>141348446
>disgusting

Second to 'gross' in the 'words you'll hear a beta male say' category.
>>
>>141348610
I found Oda's comment to be the most heart-felt one, as he was actually trying to imagine what it would be like for the people.
>>
>>141348481

Empathy is different from pretending to care about a bunch of nameless, faceless statistics.

I'd have to be pretty crazy to get an emphatic response from someone quoting numbers. Millions of people died in WW2. Doesn't mean a damn thing right now.
>>
>>141348481
You think going "oh those poor people" while reading a newspaper or watching a video about the catastrophe is "understanding empathy"? Yeah and the hordes of normalfags on facebook and twitter write sympathetic messages about it, gathering retweets and likes, while pretending to give a fuck when all they're doing is just saying their obligatory sad words.
If you're actually feeling empathetic, try actually helping the victims instead. And don't brag about it so people go "what a nice guy".
>>
>>141348800

I'm willing to believe that they're actually feeling empathy, but it seems really strange to me that anyone would care about some random statistics. How could you get through life like that?
>>
File: 1.jpg (23 KB, 322x365) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23 KB, 322x365
>>141348652
>implying
>>
File: inappropriate humor.png (2 MB, 2446x1217) Image search: [Google]
inappropriate humor.png
2 MB, 2446x1217
>>141348687
You just reminded me of the funniest item in my funny text-heavy images folder.
Thanks.
>>
Do you think Togashi is just a hypochondria?

Literally everytime he even picks up a pencil to draw, he mysteriously comes down with some kind of crippling illness that needs months to years for him to recover.
>>
>>141348531
>>141348544
again, empathy. as a concept, do you know what it is?
it means imagining yourself to be in the same situation (an earthquake) and relating to how it must feel.

>>141348687
if your neighboring town was obliterated,you wouldn't care? what if people you know, relatives, or people related to people you know live there?
fucking hell, none of you even know what this word means apparently. numbers my ass.

honestly i'm just sick and tired of this jaded and ironic generation. you think you're keeping it real or something?

>>141348800
>>141348652
>>141348687
empathy is just a feeling. it does not necessarily translate into action.

don't get me wrong i'm sure you guys don't give a fuck. and i'm sure some of the mangaka in the OP are just pretending. but again, empathy is a thing, and it's not a uncommon thing to feel if you are a working adult with a family. losing your house alone is reason enough for people to feel empathy.
>>
>>141348966
>if your neighboring town was obliterated,you wouldn't care? what if people you know, relatives, or people related to people you know live there?

You're confating pathological empathy with in-group empathy.

In-group empathy is perfectly natural. Of course I feel for those in my in-group.

The further you are, the less you are the subject of my empathy.

If you're not human, I begin to care so little as to consume your flesh.

>honestly i'm just sick and tired of this jaded and ironic generation. you think you're keeping it real or something?

No; we actually don't care. At all. We feel nothing because we're not mentally ill.
>>
>>141348966
god damn you're retarded
>>
>>141348481
Empathy, huh? Why don't you go help if you empathise?
Wait, you don't help people you care about?
Doesn't that make you an asshole
>>
>>141348966
>what if people you know, relatives, or people related to people you know live there?
That's something that anon clearly did not talk about, since he was discussing faceless strangers.
You are moving the goalposts.

>it means imagining yourself to be in the same situation (an earthquake) and relating to how it must feel.
And people don't normally do that when they've got no good reason to do it.
Self-preservation is a thing. You need to turn away from the suffering of others in order to live your own life.
How much time do you spend every day feeling horrible because so many people are starving RIGHT NOW?
>>
>>141348481
This isn't Facebook, you're not earning brownie points. Fuck off.
>>
>>141349082

Not to mention, my earthquake fantasies go about as far as "An earthquake? That'd suck!". "Starvation? That'd suck."

I think empathy is a little more complex than this anon imagines.
>>
>>141348966
>if your neighboring town was obliterated,you wouldn't care? what if people you know, relatives, or people related to people you know live there?
If people you know live there that's one thing. But I hope you don't think about disasters around the world 24/7. You'll drive yourself nuts.

The death toll of that earthquake was actually pretty mild compared to the things going on in africa, the middle east, and western europe at the moment.
>>
>>141349235
>and western europe
Nice meme.
>>
>>141349235
But all his friends on normiebook aren't talking about those icky blacks. Japan is all the rage.
>>
>>141349018
well nice worthless explanation.
does "japan" count as a group? does "readers" count as a group?

>>141349050
if i had the resources to spare, if i was japanese, i would.
but i don't have and i'm not, so i don't.
THAT's simple reality. you think i can't relate to people just because i don't act on it? this isn't hypocrisy.
again, empathy is just a feeling.

>>141349082
>faceless strangers.
again, same nation, and they're lots of readers too probably.
>implying empathy will bog you down.
it doesn't. i don't cry about it. i don't feel horrible about it. i just understand it.
don't get me wrong, i don't care about kumamoto, but through empathy i can understand that the artists in the op might care.

and you people apparently don't. when you see someone giving their condolences, you think they're fake.
being edgy on the 4chins doesn't earn you any brownie points either.
>>
>>141349389
>does "japan" count as a group? does "readers" count as a group?
Psychologically, no, they don't.
>>
>>141349426
>getting tons of fanletters from all ages
>reader and writer relationship
>a nation
>not a group

given, of course it depends on the values of the person in question. jaded people obviously can't understand.
>>
>>141349389
>i don't feel horrible about it. i just understand it.
So, what exactly is the problem here?

>through empathy i can understand that the artists in the op might care.
Oda is probably the only one who actually does.

>and you people apparently don't.
Because repeating the same line "deepest condolences" is a sign of shutting off the emotional access to it.
>when you see someone giving their condolences
We second-guess things.
>being edgy on the 4chins doesn't earn you any brownie points either.
Being edgy has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>141349557
You don't understand psychology at all. You're just shutting down our arguments by claiming we "can't understand".
Did you know that being less emotional about something can make things easier to understand?
>>
>>141345898
>>>/v/
>>
>>141349570
>Oda is probably the only one who actually does.
>Because repeating the same line "deepest condolences" is a sign of shutting off the emotional access to it.
source: your ass

>We second-guess things.
you maybe. but >>141346029 is more than second guessing i'd say

>So, what exactly is the problem here?
what, did you lose track of the discussion? you (or maybe not you) said that we "need a good reason" to bother with empathy, actually linking it to self preservation. my response was that empathy doesn't cost a thing.

coming back to the original issue >>141348369
you don't have to know someone directly to feel empathy. that's all

>>141349610
i guarantee you that you aren't even following the conversation.
go on, go all the way back to how this conversation started, and tell me how i'm wrong. tell me how these two
>>141348369
>>141346029
have a better understanding of empathy than i do.
>>
>>141349389
You're heaping your judgments upon people because they didn't insert condolences where you thought they should.

Meanwhile we're just saying it's OK to not think about disasters and victims 24/7. And that if you do, you should actually DO something, not just "empathize" about it on facebook.

On balance I'd say YOU'RE the one being edgy right now.
>>
File: togashi doing what he does best.gif (735 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
togashi doing what he does best.gif
735 KB, 250x141
>>141346096
>>
>>141349965
>Meanwhile we're just saying it's OK to not think about disasters and victims 24/7.
well i don't even disagree

>And that if you do, you should actually DO something, not just "empathize" about it on facebook.
again, do you not know what this means? if what you said is true, then we would never be allowed to feel anything unless we act on it.
>feeling sad for your friend who lost his job?
>give him money/jobs/a place to stay
>don't forget that words don't count! so don't even try if you can't give him something in addition to words!
>because oh no i'll be a hypocrite!

i've always thought that these kind of things are nice to see in fiction, but in reality it's not a very balanced view at all.
>>
>>141349840
>source: your ass
A cliche becomes a cliche because it gets repeated so often. It becomes automatized. It's what you say without thinking about it. When you do think about something, you don't use the cliche.

>>141349840
>but >>141346029 is more than second guessing i'd say
Welcome to 4chan, where we don't use flowery language to hide suspicions.

>my response was that empathy doesn't cost a thing.
No, your response is that you don't actually feel with them. You are not being empathetic. You are just considering it a tragedy.
>em•pa•thy (ˈɛm pə θi)
>n.
>1. the identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, etc., of another.
You don't do that sort of shit for anybody for no reason.
>you don't have to know someone directly to feel empathy.
Nobody said you did. But you don't automatically become empathetic for a faceless, nameless person that died in a remote place.
>tell me how these two [] have a better understanding of empathy than i do.
Does my giving you a definition of the word suffice to make you understand how much I think you know of the word?
>>
>>141349389
>if i had the resources to spare, if i was japanese, i would.
>but i don't have and i'm not, so i don't.
aahaha you're an asshole. If you have the resources to shitpost on 4chan, you can chip in a few bucks to a kumamoto relief.
You're getting edgy replies since you are completely grandstanding over an accidental breach of etiquette (not like the authors need to mention the quakes in every public comment they make; they all probably put out a page or tweet already). Saying you can't help and going after the mangaka for a poorly-organized comments page is blatant brownie points behavior.
>>
>>141350222
>if what you said is true, then we would never be allowed to feel anything unless we act on it.
Nice strawman. No one ever said that.

You're free to "feel" whatever you want to feel. It's not a problem until you start calling people "autistic" or "assholes" for not expressing all their "feelings" the way you do.

We point out the superficiality of your "condolences" to help you understand that we're not actually depriving the world of anything valuable if we don't engage in masturbatory outpourings of emotion on the internet. So you have no reason to be mad.
>>
>>141349570
>B-but GOda is the only one that cares about people after a huge disaster, all these other mangaka are just lying xD

Jesus fuck just when I thought One Piss fanbase couldn't become even more cancerous. Are you fucking kidding me.
>>
>>141350906
Don't use emoticons on /a/.
>>
>>141341057
They already payed their respects elsewhere, so why do it again?
>>
>>141351142
go suck on Oda's cock
>>
>>141351292
I explained why.
Didn't you read the post you responded to?
>>
>>141351297
Do you really think it's coincidence that the guy whose hometown was hit posted a different kind of response to the disaster than the other guys?
You are just blindly attacking anybody who even appears to show any kind of sympathy for an author of a big3. In other words, you are paranoid.
This is a WSJ thread. All the mangaka are publishing in WSJ. It wouldn't have made a difference in the quality of the fanboyism no matter which mangaka it was.
Calm down.
And stop using emoticons on /a/.
>>
>>141346096
where this meme came from?
>>
>>141348953
>Do you think Togashi is just a hypochondria?
nope. he's just pretending. well, maybe not every time, but still. Remember reading he told he can't draw manga because he's ill and then fans caught him selling doujinshi.
>>
>>141351591
Were the doujinshi good or just scribbles?
>>
>>141350906
Oda is a god tbqh familia, if you think he doesn't care then you are brain dead, look at his comment
>>
>>141351297
>>141350906
>butthurt HxH fagboys
kys
>>
File: Bleach 2011 Earthquake Tribute.jpg (377 KB, 2048x1280) Image search: [Google]
Bleach 2011 Earthquake Tribute.jpg
377 KB, 2048x1280
>>141340952
Kubo's 2011 Earthquake tribute.
>>
File: Togashi hard at work.jpg (46 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
Togashi hard at work.jpg
46 KB, 500x357
>>141340952
>Um... ow my back.
Oh for fuck's sake Togashi.
>>
>>141351959
He's hibikeeping it real.
>>
>>141349389
>if i had the resources to spare, if i was japanese, i would.
So you're playing the empathy card, while using the fact you arent Japanese as an excuse to not act.
>but i don't have and i'm not, so i don't.
You have plenty of resources to spare, you can lie witout so much but the thing is, you dont want to. You dont want to sacrifice anything while still pretending you care.
Not sacrificng anyhting is fine, I dont give a fuck about most places/events. But pretending you care when you arent doing a damn thing, thats what pisses me off.

You may call people here edgy and maybe they are. But I think edgy people are much better than cunts. Because thats what you are, you're a cunt who engages in slacktivism and tries to turn a tragedy into a way to improve your image. Thats far worse than any edgy jokes. So while you try to look down on people who dont care, the fact is you're below us. The best part is while many people broadcast their "prayers" others actually help out, but silently. Because thats true charity.

Please stop with the ampathy bullshit, saying how you feel for these people. Because excluding those like you, the rest of us can see exactly what a cunt you are.
>>
>>141350906
Fucking this.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.