[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12
Seriously underrated show. Is it because it's a short?
>>
>>141286875
no, it's more because the artstyle and DEEN
>>
>>141287078
To be fair, DEEN did a fine job with Konosuba despite QUALITY, as well as Rakugo. It doesn't make up for the near decade of mediocrity but they're trying.
>>
I need the soundtrack in my life.
>>
>>141286875
rainy lenny
>>
I like it, it's just hard to market to /a/, no girls other than a quick five second or so appearance, an artstyle that makes ping pong look big budget, and it's a short that doesn't have much meme potential other than VIBES and the magical multiple subtitled negro man of music.
>>
>>141288864
basically its too good for us
>>
Is it finished I got a feeling from this episode it was?
>>
File: DJ06_0038-300x169.jpg (19 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
DJ06_0038-300x169.jpg
19 KB, 300x169
>>141289758
I kind of got that impression as well but the site lists a sixth episode titled "Chill Out".

Looking forward to more, it's been consistently enjoyable but the fifth episode went above and beyond.
>>
>>141289758
Nah man, he still needs to get a girl and has to become a master at both Tonkatsu and DJ'ing, He hasn't actually made anything, he's still stuck in prep work.
>>
>>141289758
It couldn't be finished. He hasn't gotten the girl, and the businessman DJ noticed him. DJ battles coming.

This shit's just getting started.
>>
>>141286875
They lack VIBES
>>
File: 1451793655841.jpg (143 KB, 594x678) Image search: [Google]
1451793655841.jpg
143 KB, 594x678
It's a great show but there's not much to shitpost about so it goes unnoticed. See also: Ushio to Tora s2
>>
>>141286875
/a/ doesn't like good anime with VIBES or genuine good feelings of energy, they just like cute girls because they need a surrogate for real human connection.

CHECK IT OUT OUT OUT OUT PARTY PEEPS CHECK IT OUT PARTY PEEPS CHECK IT OUT PARTY PEEPS

BD pre-orders when? I've never bought a BD before but I want to support this series as hard as I can.
>>
>>141292826
I'd for sure buy the soundtrack if it comes out.
>>
This show is fucking great.
>>
That song in the middle sounds so much like a variation of the 900 Number.
>>
This show is more /mu/ than /a/. The artstyle is fucking great too, reminds me of early MTV and 90s indie comics so much.
>>
>>141292866
Most definitely. The DJ session after he got into the groove was superb and the show itself has fitting music for the style they're aiming for.

It may be cheaply produced but the show is utilizing style to the max. Comedy is on point too.
>>
>>141293367
I feel like it has cheap animation on purpose.

Like >>141293236 said, the quirky MTV animation does it justice. Personally I get more Brad Neely/China IL vibes, which is a great thing.
>>
>>141293487
This show gives me major skater/hip hop vibes for the art style. I could see any of the stuff on this show as the graphics on a skate deck.
>>
Agetarou going on international DJing when
>>
Love it

I'm going to buy the manga.
>>
>>141289758
Did you forget the end bits about the journalist (?) guy covering Agetarou on his article?
>>
>>141293487
>I feel like it has cheap animation on purpose
>>141293367
>It may be cheaply produced but the show is utilizing style to the max

Isnt the manga art just like that though?
>>
Shorts are fucking awesome. This is up there with Hackadolls and Somera-chan for me.
>>
File: 3596.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3596.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
Only watch 3 episodes so far since I'm lazy but I like the style and the music is sweet.
>>
>>141297814
Absolute madmen

Total bros
>>
It's not really my thing.
>>
>>141286875
It feels and looks like a newgrounds or youtube channel animation.
>>
It's too hip-hop for /a/nons, too humorous for those "i don't like hip-hop but nujabes is pretty cool" posers, and it's not excessively/condensed anime like Luluco, fetish-centric like Galko, or rooted in something already memey like Sekkou Boys, so normalfags just ignore it
>>
Just watched the first episode and I love it.
I found myself bumping my head to the cool soundtrack, god I need that soundtrack.
Why isn't this popular on /a/?
>>
>>141298341
Honestly this seems more normalfag available than any of the other shorts you listed. It could easily air on comedy central or adult swim without anyone even thinking it was an anime if it got a dub.
>>
>>141298376
You don't want high IP count for shows.
>>
Anyone else expect a bunch of characters to be assholes based on their anime expectations. Instead everyone turns out to be fairly normal besides the stuff done for comedy.

I was expecting the bouncer and moist towelettes guy to be assholes but they're total bros. I hope Hishiki turns out to be in the same vein.
>>
So, about digging.

Do they just pick something randomly/based on the cover without hearing them? I don't think Agetarou actually heard Rainy Lenny when he dug the record, at least not onscreen.
>>
>>141298341
Sekkou Boys threads died down after the first few episode as people who memed VAPORWAVE got tired
>>
>>141298341
It's not that hip hop really but I see where you're coming from.
>>
>he accidentally turns off the music
>I pause the video and pace around my room for a few minutes
Thankfully the people of the last thread told me that I'm not alone in my shame.
>>
File: 1462016554510.jpg (53 KB, 404x420) Image search: [Google]
1462016554510.jpg
53 KB, 404x420
the r/a/p memers are already focused on another show this season
>>
>>141298550
Real diggers look for instrument usage or things from foreign countries mostly. Interesting samples comes from stuff that is unconventional. Besides that a lot of that is just hoping that a record has something cool. You listen and try to pick out something interesting.
>>
>>141298587
That the raper memers anon
>>
>>141298565
First few episodes' threads got crowded but in the end of the season nobody cares about that shit.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's at least a decent show.

>>141298622
I see.
>>
>>141298383
Normalfags aren't actual sane normal people, anon. They're fucking lizards
>>
>>141298659
>I see.

I also just realized I was speaking from a production standpoint, not a DJ standpoint. I am not sure what DJs use their selection criteria, might be similar.
>>
>>141298659
What happened with Sekko Boys is what happens with any other show. People rushed to it to meme or shitpost or whatever, dropped it when it wasnt their thing and left leaving the people who enjoyed it. It's what happened with Agetarou as well. The threads became smaller since episode 1 but it's all people who like the show here.
If you ask me, i prefer small threads with no shitposting going on.
I really enjoyed Sekko
>>
>>141298341
I like hip hop (not the club rap shit about violence, drugs, money, bragging, and bitches), galko-chan was one of my favorites from previous season, and luluco is ok.

This is one of the underrated gems of the season and you probably stated why; the old 'rap is crap/Rap is retards attempting poetry' crowd avoided it. It's been a while since I've gotten a hip hop based anime and I for one welcome more of it (last one I've seen was BECK which was more rock than rap but it was close). The comedy is pretty good as well. AOTS candidate in my book.
>>
File: 1452149516192.png (373 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1452149516192.png
373 KB, 408x408
>Galko is /a/'s last season's AOTS
>It wasn't even that fucking good
>Actually good short comes out
>/a/ doesn't give a shit about it
>>
>>141298944

/a/ chooses anime with their dick, not for quality of content

not enough shitty memes for the show to counteract the girl effect either
>>
>>141298944
>I speak for all of /a/
>>
>>141299015
Well, judging from the looks of this thread the majority of /a/ doesn't care about it, anon.
>>
I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>141286875
Wew that was great. Thanks a lot I would have missed it.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.