[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Clover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3
File: Black Clover Chapter 60.jpg (1 MB, 886x1300) Image search: [Google]
Black Clover Chapter 60.jpg
1 MB, 886x1300
This manga has reached it's 60th chapter. How many chapters do you think it'll get before getting axed?
>>
At least 400 I believe.
>>
>>141282162
I'd say 250 max
>>
It won't get axed anon.
It could last anywhere between 250 to 400.
>>
Its gonna stay as long as it keeps selling good
>>
One thing is for sure, it's defiantly not getting the attention that Boku No Hero Academia and Nanatsu No Taizai are getting.

Actually Nanatsu No Taizai is still pretty popular but Boku No Hero Academia has been gaining a lot of traction, nobody really seems to give a shit about Black Clover, well except for those who read it and just don't discuss it.
>>
>>141283553
It does get a lot of color pages if that means anything.
>>
>>141283553
There's so many things wrong in that post.
>>
File: 125478945.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
125478945.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>141283553
>defiantly
Underage please.
>>
>>141283553
Taizai is like the biggest thing after One Piece and every anime/manga fan knows about BNHA by now.

Only people who know about Black Clover's existence are people who give a shit about WSJ
>>
>>141284174
Are you talking about Japanese popularity or western popularity?

Because only one of your affirmations is true, depending on which parameter you are using.
>>
>>141282970
With how rushed it feels I won't be surprised if it ends before even reaching 150.

>>141283436
Does it even sell bruh?
>>
>>141284741
How is it rushed?
60 chapters in and It barely introduced the characters, all we know about the first villain is that he wants some jewels, we only know one kingdom that isn't the Clover Kingdom, the demons weren't even mentioned yet.
>>
>>141284531
MHA is popular in the west the hype train made sure the world knows its the next big thing.
>>
>>141285266
You are new to manga, aren't you?
>>
>>141284741
Read the story properly fucking speedreader, and yes it sells 100k by the second week

Really, can you do anything other than spout memes?
>>
>>141285813
Get'em
>>
>>141285266
It's not the "next big thing". Stop with the memes.

The anime boost hasn't been anywhere near to the other "big things".
Tokyo Ghoul, Taizai and SnK had a HUGE boost right after the anime started. MHA hasn't.
>>
>>141283553
>nobody really seems to give a shit about Black Clover,
It sells extremely well for a new series and it's always getting color pages.

Just because you hang out in reddit where they love capeshit and therefore love My crying academia doesn't mean other things are not popular.
>>
>>141283973
>Judging someone's age based off the grammar and spelling that they use on the INTERNET

Congrats, I've seen people with PhD's misspell words and use atrocious grammar on the internet, it doesn't mean anything. I'd venture to say I'm older than you, which also doesn't mean anything. Basing things off age means nothing, except maybe maturity then again I've seen 12 year old's act like 30 year old's so you really can't base anything off age.

>>141286155
I've seen Black Clover threads on /a/, they don't last very long because nobody on /a/ gives a shit enough about it to discuss it. It's not as popular as you think, or maybe I'm just not seeing the popularity. I only heard of Black Clover because an anime reviewer on Youtube started reviewing and made a big deal out of it saying it was going to be "HUGE" so I checked it out, I probably wouldn't have started reading it if not for him.
>>
>>141286155
Did it sell as much as Academia,One Piece,Naruto and Bleach when they were new? I don't think so
also color pages don't mean shit
>>
I'm enjoying it. Hope it lasts for a long time.
>>
If the anime flops it'll get canceled, just look at how Toriko fell after it's anime failed.
>>
>>141286830
>Did it sell as much as Academia,One Piece,Naruto and Bleach
>Academia
>One Piece,Naruto and Bleach
>BnHA now is in the same tier of One Piece, Naruto and Bleach
Oh, I'm laffing.
>>
>>141287686
Toriko anime was always in the top 10 most watched and it made $20 million in merchandise.
>>
>>141286155

Do you really want me to pull the numbers? Black Clover Vol 1 did 1/3 of BnHA of Vol 1 numbers.

1 FUCKING THIRD
>>
>>141288411
Then it simply stopped growing by the volume 5. Volume 6 and 7 sold the same shit, and the anime boost by the volume 8 was laughable.
>>
>>141287707
It's no where near as good, but it's the closest thing to the big 3 in recent years.
>>
>>141288570
The earthquake affected the sales and you know it'll be in the top 5 highest selling manga of 2016
>>
>>141288570
and? does that make Black Clover sell more or equal like >>141288411 said?
No it does not.
>>
It certainly gets pushed awful hard for being as insanely generic as it is.

It does have a simple catharsis to it however.

Like half of the manga is people being like, "HA, YOU HAVE NO MANA, YOU CAN'T DO SH~" then Aster smashes them in the face with his fuckin stupid anti-magic sword.

But for some reason it's great every single time.

The rest I can take or leave minus Yami, who should be the MC instead of Aster.
>>
>>141288726
I actually mess up the quote but I was talking about >>141286155
>>
>>141283553
Nanatsu no Taizai doesn't run in Weekly Shonen Jump.
It runs in Weekly Shonen Magazine alongside series like Fairy Tail, Hajime no Ippo, UQ Holder, Fire Brigade of Flames, Yamada and the Seven Witches, Diamond no Ace, Kamisama no Iutohri Ni, and Vector Ball.
>>
I legitimately despise Black Clover, but keep reading every week as it's pretty enjoyable to read ironically.
It's actually really popular though. Ranks high, and gets color pages quite often.
>>
>>141284174
>Taizai is like the biggest thing after One Piece
What on Earth are you talking about?
>>
>>141288684
>it'll be in the top 5 highest selling manga of 2016
Oh God, stop.

One Piece
AssClass
Attack on Titan
Nanatsu no Taizai
Haikyuu
Hunter × Hunter
Bleach
Fairy Tail
Magi
World Trigger
Detective Conan

All those manga are selling better than BnHA, and I'm only listing shonen, I'm not even touching seinen and shoujo.
>>
>>141288878
Oh, and Shokugeki no Souma too.
>>
>>141288878
I think will get to 3M or with luck 4M this year and that puts near the top 10 at least.

It sold 2.2M in 2015 with anime I would not see it so far.
>>
>>141288878
One Piece
Best selling manga in history.
>AssClass
Had a 3 and a half year run and reached the end in the prime of its popularity. Of course its sales are going to be huge.
>Attack on Titan
Been a huge established series for years now.
>Nanatsu no Taizai
Probably around the middle of its peak popularity phase.
>Haikyuu
Probably around the middle of its peak popularity phase.
>Hunter × Hunter
Togashi=Money
>Bleach
Been running for nearly a decade and a half.
>Fairy Tail
Also been running well long enough to have an establish buyer base.
>Magi
Also been running well long enough to have an establish buyer base.
>World Trigger
At the very end of its peak popularity.
>Detective Conan
Nigga.

My Hero Academia is just over a year old, it's doing incredible for that. By next year expect to be selling more than all those series still running sans for One Piece, Attack on Titan, and Hunter x Hunter.
>>
>>141288878
>All those manga are selling better than BnHA, and I'm only listing shonen, I'm not even touching seinen and shoujo.
Uhm, you do realize that shonen magazines and manga sell far more than seinen or shoujo do?
>>
>>141289192
Bleach, Fairy Tail, Magi, World Trigger and Conan are not even in the top 10
>>
>>141281939
I'd say 20 to 30 chapters until the anime announcement.
>>
>>141289292
Nah, Toei's probably going to be doing it now that they've cancelled World Trigger, I'd honestly expect an announcement within a few weeks since they snatch series early. They got World Trigger around this time, a think a few weeks before.
>>
>>141289222
Do you realize there is a fair amount of seinen selling well too?
From my head, Tokyo Ghoul, Kingdom, One Punch-man, Prison School and Terraformars are all selling better than BnHA.
There's even Dungeon Meshi, this is selling a lot too.
>>
>>141289192
Not with the current growing rate.
I already compared its growth with Shokugeki no Souma a lot of times, and BnHA is always behind.
>>
>>141289350
When will Jump realize that Toei can't get shit right.
>>
>>141289400
Out of the top 30 best selling manga of 2015 only 8 are seinen.
3 shoujo (one of which was a long completed series that got a sales boost because of the live action film that was released it this year )
The rest are shonen.
>>141289610
Dragon Ball and One Piece are Jump's two biggest successes. I'm sure they have a good relationship with Toei.
>>
>>141288758
>Vector Ball
Translations fucking when?
>>
>>141289773
Hopefully very soon.
Gash Bell and Animal Land are just the best.
I'm really happy Raiku is back to weekly.
>>
>>141289350
World Trigger was said to come back in the last episode and in twitter.

Even then why are you saying Toei for Black Clover, jumping the gun?
>>
>>141290858
Some people are expecting A-1 because they stopped FT, but they got many other projects including FT in 2017

Madhouse would be the best option, but I bet they are not willing to risk it with Black Clover

I would put my money on Perriot though since they won't have anything once Shippuden is over in 2017
>>
>>141289350
WT will be back, the TV network did a 180 and suddenly cancelled their ass, Toei is looking for a new channel.
Black Clover doesn't fit with Toei's style, it'll probably be Pierrot.

>>141289610
The only series they've badly managed recently is Toriko, everything else has been a success.
>>
>>141291404
But you're implying it will be long-running, why?

>I would put my money on Perriot though since they won't have anything once Shippuden is over in 2017
I don't think they will let this go on much longer without an anime though.
>>
>>141290858
>>141291420
I wasn't aware of that. It will probably a long wait, there's barely any material for them to adapt right now.
>>
>>141291420
>The only series they've badly managed recently is Toriko
World Trigger's adaptation got better as it went on, but initially the animation was god-awful.
Toei is great with atmosphere and whatnot, but they pick up series way too quickly which always fucks over the pacing.
Even back with Dragon Ball.
Lately they've always gimped a lot on animation.

Also Dragon Ball Super is awful.
>>
>>141283553
I don't even know Taizai exist before the anime announced. I guess if Black Clover get adaption, maybe it can be mainstream.
>>
Isn't it time for this to get an anime
>>
>>141291795
Yeah. Give it less than a month and it should be announced.
>>
That's a kickass color page.
>>
It'll get Mx0'd. Mark my words.
>>
if it's this controversial before it even has an anime i doubt it will flop after the fact
>>
>>141292173
1. Mx0 was actually good. Black Clover reads like a parody of bad battle manga.
2, Black Clover is more popular than Mx0 ever was, and isn't even close to reaching the peak of its popularity.
>>
>>141291524
Long running is the best option for the manga and if they wait till summer 2017 they'll have enough material.
>>
>>141292495
Most all big Jump series get their anime announcements around 50-70 chapters in now.
>inb4 Haikyuu, one exception does not prove anything.
>>
>>141288878
>World Trigger Selling better than BnHA
You know I can accept the other's but this is just asspulling
You don't know that even without an anime BnHA already selling better than WT. Hell even with a 50+ episode WT still selling 150k up. That why I know you full of shit.
>>
>>141292495
>Animated by Toei
>>
>>141281939
>The new Naruto
>Getting axed

Yeah, no.
>>
>>141292724
Ha no.
Black Clover has been a big success, but not an overwhelming one.
If anything is going to reach Naruto level sales eventually it will be My Hero Academia.
>>
>>141292491
Mx0 didn't take in consideration its target audience.
While reading it I always felt like I was reading a light novel adaptation. This wasn't what kids wanted.
>>
>>141292654
World Trigger is currently selling better than Gintama and Nisekoi while BnHA is not, unless this changed with the last volume.
>>
>>141292777
Yeah.
His new series is okay, runs in Jump+

Jump+ has some interesting stuff from other notable mangakas's like Akira Amano (Reborn!), the Enigma chick, the Stealth Symphony artist, and the Boys Over Flowers chick. Also the Sket Dance dude just started a new series today.

iShoujo also got transferred to it and it's fucking great. Dictator Zeke is really good.
Chronos Ruler is bad, but I can see it getting popular.

Shame Pochikuro got cancelled though. It was brilliant. Hope the dude gets into paper Jump eventually.
>>
>>141292768
Black Clover has not been a "big success" its just doing well enough.

BNHA is gonna be huge but it will never be as big or as good as Naruto
>>
>>141293224
>as good as Naruto
>Naruto
>Good
It began as a mediocre battle shonen that couldn't stop lifting from Hunter x Hunter and featured an obnoxious main character,
It had a lot of neat side character, but Kishimoto had no idea how to handle them because of how much of a hack writer he is and the series stopped being mediocre and became complete shit after the invasion.
>>
>>141293305
Chunin Exams was dope as fuck now compare that to the Sport Festival which was disappointing, but not as much disappointing as the 4th Shinobi War
>>
>>141291524
Black clover is one of the best ranked series in Jump.
It has way more potential than bnha which is already under performing.
>>
>>141293494
ofc BNHA is basically kids in school and BC is an open world so the mangaka has so many things he could do, but sadly he is not as creative or as good as Horikoshi. I bet if Horikoshi was writing BC it would've been a big hit.
>>
>>141293840
Because Horikoshi is such an example of world builder.

BnHA has literally one city. Everything happens in the same city, every character is from the same city.
>>
>>141291534
There is enough for a cour but it would end on an awkward spot
>>
>>141292929
LoL no if you compare WT volume 1-8 on BnHA 1-7 its have a big gap.
WT volume 1-11 is has a sale 3.5 Million and BnHA volume 1-7 is has a sale of 3.7 Million.
And BnHA already selling better than Nisekoi.
>>
>>141294044
Oraraka is on country side.
>>
>>141295657
Most plain female protagonist in history
>>
File: 146987514898.png (3 KB, 300x41) Image search: [Google]
146987514898.png
3 KB, 300x41
>>141295631
Before the anime?
I'm sorry anon, but I think you're lying or using unreliable source.
>>
>>141296128
Ops, that was volume 7.
>>
Yami is best husbando
>>
>>141295898
I prepare a plain character than an autistic tsundare with have a problem defining the different of a fruit and vegetable. And don't make me start on the yundare one.
>>
>>141296128
then compere WT volume seven on BnHA Volume 7.
>>
>>141296128
I said BnHA is selling better than WT on its first 7 volume shit ass.
>>
>>141296992
>I prefer horse turd than bull turd
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.