[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moomin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
I'm 27 years old and I'm watching the same cartoons I did when I was 7, only in a different language. What did you do to me, /a/

This shit is actually surprisingly good.
>>
File: Moomin_full_730465.jpg (309 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Moomin_full_730465.jpg
309 KB, 900x600
We need a modern remake with adult grimdark tones and more normal looking human characters.
>>
>>141227408
I don't think MORE grimdark tones are necessary, or even possible. I'm only two episodes in, but so far
>moomin getting his body changed by the magic hat and breaking down into a sobbing mess when no one recognized him
>later using the same magic hat to turn the antlion into a hedgehog, robbing a sentient being of the ability to speak and almost drowning him in the process
This shit alternates between supremely comfy and creepy as all fuck, in a true fairy tale fashion.
>>
>>141227684
to be fair the antlion is a total dick
>>
>>141227684
well it is finnish ...
>>
>>141227962
A bit of a dick, sure, but he never really wanted to eat more than the tail of that moomin chick.

Admit it, if you were stuck in a pit your whole life you'd be chasing tail the first chance you got too.
>>
>>141227684
And the next episode deals with creative block, impostor syndrome and post-retirement depression.

Man, I wish I paid more attention to this show when I was a kid. But well, it started airing here when I was 5, so that's to be expected.
>>
>>141227684
not against the grimdark but i would love if the anime kept the strong political message of the comics
>>
I'll say sorry for being such a pleb, but I don't know enough myself so I'll ask here. Is the most commonly watched Moomin series the Japanese one? 1990s?

Moomin is one of those things you see here and there every so often but isn't usually actively discussed so I don't really know much about it.
>>
>>141227408
No we don't
>>
>>141233202
Well, it's the one I watched because it's the one that aired here when I was a kid.

And it's actually pretty good, visually too, I fear that the older one might be a bit too dated(plus I'm not sure it's even available in English).
>>
>>141233202
>>141233547
I think the older series are avoided mainly because they stray very far from Tove Jansson's vision of the characters.
>>
File: Buka.jpg (13 KB, 365x273) Image search: [Google]
Buka.jpg
13 KB, 365x273
Was the Groke an asshole or was she just lonely?
>>
Is this available on Nyaa?
>>
>>141234950
Yes.
"Tanoshii Moomin ikka"
>>
>>141234950
Yes up to episode 24, I'd like to watch the rest of it, but I fear even after one and a half year going to a japanese school I won't understand everything correctly...
>>
>>141235287
The dub is available, but judging by how horribly mistranslated the first episode was, you're better off watching the raw.
>>
File: ^u^.jpg (74 KB, 797x757) Image search: [Google]
^u^.jpg
74 KB, 797x757
>reboot by AIC
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.