[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying he wouldn't have objectively improved the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5
File: 1449199895231.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449199895231.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>implying he wouldn't have objectively improved the world and pushed it closer to an utopia than any other figure in history
>>
>>141191689
Watch the show again.The power corrupted him in the end.
>>
>babby's first antivillain
>>
>>141191773
Everything Light Imagay did was for others in the end. Anything seemingly immoral was just to get rid of people who got in the way of him getting rid of criminal scum.
>>
>>141191689
he started to kill innocent people for no fucking reason other than "oh no they might discover I'm Kira"
>>
It would have been a nightmare and an even worse planet than when he started using the death note.
>>
>>141191807
he wasn't even an anti-villain

just a villain villain
his ideals and demeanor wasn't any different then most anime villains
>>
>>141191689
It would have fallen apart eventually when he dies. A human can't be a god.
>>
Reminder that Yagami backwards is Imagay.
>>
Aoi Bungaku thread?
No Longer Human was my least favorite arc
>>
But utopias suck.

Know why nobody makes movies and shit based on utopias? Because they are boring.
>>
>>141191885
>he wasn't even an anti-villain just a villain villain

do you even know what anti-heroes/anti-villains are.
>>
>>141191689
>he did nothing wrong meme
>>
inb4 people get into yet another argument where idiots believe that heroes = protagonist and villains = antagonist, and they also believe protagonist=good guy and antagonist=bad guy
>>
>>141191949
characters that don't fit the mold of what a typical hero/villain is

but Kira did fit the mold of villain to a T.
Or are you using the definition "villain that doesn't want to be called a villain" because that would make any villain beyond the Saturday morning variety "anti-villains"
>>
>>141192052
Good and bad are just different perspectives. Protagonist will always be a "good" guy to some level.
>>
>>141191689
It ran in SJ, SJ, friendship, hardwork and adventure. Can not have a guy like Light win.
>>
>>141192102
thanks for clearing up for me you have no idea what you're talking about.

Light's intentions were pure but he acted in cruel and selfish ways, and then proceeded to develop a god complex. He is literally an anti-hero
>>
>>141192230
>Light's intentions were pure

he wanted to become god
>>
>Death note thread
>people again still has no idea what the hell child-grade literary terms mean

Hero IS the protagonist, but a hero does not necessarily mean he's a good guy

The Villain the the character that OPPOSES the hero, he is an ANTAGONIST. Whatever the hero's goals are, the villain's purpose is to prevent the hero from obtaining it.

Again:

>hero does not mean good guy
>villain does not mean bad guy
>the protagonist is the hero
>the antagonist is the villain

>Light is not an anti-villain, he is an anti-hero. Light is the protagonist of Death Note, not L

>if L were the protagonist of Death Note, THEN Light Yagami be an anti-villain, since he would be opposing L (the protagonist, as a reminder) and would be deemed a villain who happens to have good intentions but is doing so in a cruel method.

>>141192319
His original intention was just to wipe criminals from the face of the world, he only later developed a God Complex and started doing shit that his past self would never consider doing. The manner by which he tried to obtain his goal was what set the moral ambiguity of his character, of whom believed in justice above all else.

This is the millionth thread you idiots argued over the literary status of a character from a show that aired a decade ago.
>>
>>141192427
>His original intention was just to wipe criminals from the face of the world

he wanted to be come God after he met Ryuk

I guess between when he got the death note and when he met Ryuk he was still a tip-top guy
>>
>>141192427
it's /a/, not /lit/

it's a board filled with /v/ cross posters and college dropouts who stay in their mother's basements to watch. Besides 90% of the people here equates heroes to "good" status because of capeshit and recent faux capeshit like Boku no Hero
>>
He compromised his morality when he killed the fbi agents that were investigating the case: ironically this actually lead L to find him twice as fast.
>>
>>141191689
>"Hi, I'm a 20 something guy who's only experience in life is being a mass murderer! I will now kill people at random without actually doing any real investigation or learning who the hell I'm killing because it might create my twisted idea of a perfect world. I haven't discussed this plan with anyone or obtained any feedback on my ideas or methods from anyone who isn't a god of death or my psycho stalker, but I'm sure it'll work because I was a great student!
>Justice
>>
>>141191947
Because you need conflict
>>
>>141193553
Light's idea of justice was that if he won in the end, Kira would be justice as he is the single most powerful agent of enforcement. If the police failed to enforce their own idea of justice against his then they would have lost and Kira would get his way. Kira is only not justice because he lost.
>>
at first i could get behind his actions
but when he started killing off people he just didn't like that's where i draw the line
>>
It's seems that everyone is forgetting the fact that Light needed to kill people that were suspicious of him and are investigating this case so that he could continue his goal on making an ideal world. But I guess this is in fact /a/ and no one here knows what a "goal" is.
>>
>>141191689
>implying hes even real

good post my silly neckbearded friend, but it is just a cartoon
>>
>>141192319

Becoming god is what every man should strife towards to.
>>
>>141191773
>The power corrupted him in the end
Only people who agree with this are his enemies, meaning either criminals or self-righteous megalomaniacs.
>>
>>141192427

Light is Villain Protagonist mate.
>>
>>141192319
>Implying becoming god isn't the purest desire of humanity
>>
>implying utopia = forced to live by someone else's will
>>
>>141195160
Don't you know that the original definition of utopia is a promised land where people live harmoniously by the will of God?
>>
>>141191689
But you're right, anon-kun~
>>
>>141195241
then it wouldn't be considered a utopia now would it, rather more akin to a dictatorship
>>
>>141195351
I said "original definition"
>>
>>141191689
But is it really a utopia if the peace only exists out of fear? I'm sure people who wanted to do bad would find away around Kira eventually. To create a true utopia everyone would have to want to be good, you can't threaten the evil out of people.
>>
>>141195160
All he did was kill people he didn't like. As long as you don't get Light's attention you'd be fine.
>>
>>141191812
that's the definition of an antivillain.
>>
>>141191773
I'm currently re-watching and I can tell you that although he got arrogant, he still kept his ideals

I'm on episode 34
>>
>>141195093
No you idiot, he's an anti-character
>>
>>141196449
He is the anti-(You)
>>
>>141192427
You could have just said

>Anti-hero: Evil main character
>Anti-villain: Good antagonist

They're anti because they don't fit the classical mold
>>
>>141191689
>Implying he didn't achieve just that
Did you see the second half? He basically did, everyone's too afraid to commit crimes because the ever-looming threat of Kira hangs over them. Near and the task force don't even prevent this in any way when they catch and kill Light, because they have to keep that information a secret.
Meaning the public still thinks Kira exists, and none of the "problems" he created were solved. They only brought Light himself to justice for the countless murders he commited without addressing the actual changes he brought about in the world, let alone clearly taking a stance against or in favour of the changes.
>>
>>141192427
>people don't know what literary terms mean
>here's false definitions for these literary terms
That's not what a hero is. That's a protagonist.
Villain and antagonist are not synonymous, although they more often than not overlap. An anti-hero is a heroic figure who does not fit the typical hero mold. Light does fit this archetype because he aims for heroic goals by using evil means. Anti-heroes are often just "the ends justify the means"-type people.

In literary terms, protagonist and antagonist are all the matter in regards to the terms you brought up. Hero and villain are entirely perspective-based titles given the opposing characters, which is why hero usually equates to protagonist and villain usually equates to antagonist.

In fact the purpose of Death Note is to strike the debate of whether or not Light was a hero. He was objectively the protagonist, but whether he is the hero or the villain comes down to each individual's interpretations.
>>
>>141192724
His biggest mistake and the first, key event that compromised his morality was actually trying to kill L on live TV. If he didn't get baited so hard by L and try to kill him just to satisfy his ego, L would have likely had literally no leads on Light's location and thus probably NEVER located him. Which would have been funny because you should be able to see Light's overinflated ego with your naked eye from space at that point.
If you think about it every single event in the series after that one is just Light trying to recover from that massive slip-up caused by his ego and god-complex.
>>
Dystopia is the name.
>>
>>141191929
I agree, besides it felt very dark and depressive compared to the other works.
>>
>>141198431
deathnote in a nutshell.
i too saw that as the biggest, glaring flaw in his actions. He fucked up bad killing that guy.
I also really miss L. It almost seemed like L saw him as a genuine friend, though Kira didn't share the feelings. But pre-death note Kira (when he lost his memories) was pretty chill around L. Near doesn't measure up to L honestly. He's just a mini "lite" version of L , pun intended.
>>
>>141198431
I think at that point, the creator didn't mean for the series to turn so long, probably had that happen as kind of an epic assbeating from L's part
>>
>>141192427
From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:

villain
n 1: a wicked or evil person; someone who does evil deliberately
[syn: {villain}, {scoundrel}]
2: the principal bad character in a film or work of fiction
[syn: {villain}, {baddie}]
>>
>>141192230
You're absolutely retarded. As the other anon said, how does that not make every other villain ever just as "right"?
>>
There are no good guys, everybody's an asshole
Light stopped at nothing to pursue justice, L stopped at nothing to pursue justice
Remember L had a guy die live on tv, L tortured Misa, he kept 2 people prisoners for 50 days based on a hunch and then pretended to kill Light. L wasn't a good guy by any stretch of the imagination, remember that scene where they're both saying they will find the other and that they are justice? The 2 faces of the same medal
>>
>>141200555
>L had a guy die live on tv
He was going to be executed anyway.
>>
>>141191689
How long would ISIS survive if they are inside Death Note world?
>>
>>141200645
I'm pretty sure that offering up someone as bait like that would be considered wrong by many people
>>
>>141191689
He would have if he had not gone overboard with his powers.
>>
>>141195126
t. Lucifer
>>
>>141202953
>t.
Cancer.
>>
he should've killed politicians instead of petty criminals if he really wanted to change the world
>>
>>141202223
Only L suspected he would actually die by just sitting in front of a camera and saying his name.
>>
>>141202645
You can't overboard if your only power is killing
He still fucked up by not killing Mikami's stalker and Takada's mole bodyguard
SPK would have lost 2 guys
>>
>>141196292
actually thats the defintion of an anti-hero
an anti-villain wants to do evil, but is actually doing more good than anything bad(this kind is very rare), an anti-hero is someone who wants to do good, but is doing it in immoral ways like killing anyone he doesn't like.
>>
>>141202223
>>141203109
the only bad thing L did in that scenario was promising him he would be pardoned if he survives. He would have let a criminal out into the world, one so bad that he was suppose to be executed, based on a hunch
>>
>>141191773
L, M and N corrupted him.
>>
File: 1424407604565.jpg (127 KB, 528x292) Image search: [Google]
1424407604565.jpg
127 KB, 528x292
>>141203080
>>
>>141203364
>an anti-villain wants to do evil, but is actually doing more good than anything bad

Can you name one?
>>
>>141203423
Afterwards he tortured Misa
Light never tortured anyone
>>
File: Misa.jpg (82 KB, 478x354) Image search: [Google]
Misa.jpg
82 KB, 478x354
>>141204289
>Afterwards he tortured Misa
>Implying the dirty slut not loving it
>>
>>141204850
>implying Light didn't already do way worse things to her just to test her limits and get off on the power over his worshipper
Why is Misa literally fetish fuel?
>>
>>141191689
>kids first edgy "it's ok to do bad things if you have good intentions" MC
>>
>>141205141
>projecting
>>
>>141198130
>everyone's too afraid to commit crimes
That is wrong, people started to threaten others by revealing their faces/name on the internet. Mafia still existed as proven by Mello. Light can't do shit to masked man without birth register, so crimes still happened in third world countries.
Basically criminals began to adapt to the changes.
>>
>>141191773
>at the end

He never gave a fuck about his utopia, he just wanted to play god

He started everything out of boredom and refused to make the pact for the eyes. If he actually cared more about his utopia he would have made the pact, but his own life was more important for him
>>
>>141191929
>>141198886
>No Longer Human was my least favorite arc
Am i on bizzaro /A/ again?
>>
What is there to even discuss in this thread? Light was wrong and became evil at the end. In the grand scheme of things is actions was fruitless and criminals would adapt to hide information. Besides he can't get everyone in his way, there are just too many people.
>>
>>141191947
found the american
>>
>>141191689
The problem is that he only killed those who were known to be criminals, because that was the extent of his power. He didn't have the power to punish every criminals without fail.

Basically those criminals smart enough to commit crimes without being caught, would still be active criminals in his "utopia".
>>
>>141191689
Does /a/ like Death Note?
>inb4 lurk more
>>
>>141206809
>2006-2011
No
>2011-2014
Maybe
>2014-now
Apparently
>>
>>141206693
They would be very rare as people were absolutely terrified by what happened to criminals
>>
>>141203080
Nah, he should kill billionaires instead, they're those who hold real control.
>>
>>141206995
Committing crimes is a primary need of humanity. The only thing Light could achieve in the end would just be creating more intelligent and secret criminals.
>>
>>141207296
>Committing crimes is a primary need of humanity
Only for niggers
>>
>>141191689
nah

clueless kids used clueless information

the world isnt as black and white as it is written in police reports you know

they already prove that if you manipulate which people you wrongly frame can be brought to their deaths through this system. the ending would be that not "evil" people die, but people who are a threat to someone who can control who gets framed and who doesnt

if you wanted to avoid his wrath, you would have to go war within japan as nameless soldiers. this would have been accomplished because he would been seen as a threat to the rest of the world. japan would be nuked again if japanese themselves wouldnt be ready to destroy places this person was possibly hiding. if missed, then move to another town until the killings stop

this man would cause japan to turn into chaos under threat of being nuked into oblivion
>>
>>141206995
If that was true countries that have death penalty should show a consistent lower rate for the crimes that are punished that way. They don't.

What truly diminished the rate of a crime is how hard it is to get away with it, not how harshly it is punished.

Kira not being able to punish anyone that the system wasn't already capable of was his major flaw.
>>
>>141209120
Dude the US surrendered to him
What president attacks a country where a supernatural killer lives?
Nobody does
He should have been much more pressing towards the us president
Tell the president to leak info about SPK online in exchange for his friendship
>us president needs to leak info
>him, cia and fbi agree
>need to leak anonymously to avoid a scandal
>start thread on /b/
>LEAKED INFO ABOUT KIRA'S ENEMIES: KILL THESE HEATHENS LORD OF JUSTICE
>thread is full of shitflinging and "DO IT" posts
>next days people are announced dead
>/kira/ board is added one day later
>>
Read Akumetsu instead.
>>
File: 1461504925067.jpg (183 KB, 709x595) Image search: [Google]
1461504925067.jpg
183 KB, 709x595
What if he got a love note instead?
Make two people fall in luv
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.