[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any other series on the same level as LoGH?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
are there any other series on the same level as LoGH?
>>
>>141187728
Dude there is nothing on the same level as LoGH. Many are close, but just not there.
>>
Only thing even in the same neighborhood is Crest of the Stars
>>
File: 1376464657289.jpg (63 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1376464657289.jpg
63 KB, 900x900
K-ON is objectively better than Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It is the most sophisticated anime ever created; a tour de force, the pièce de résistance of animation! LoGH is little more than plebeian dreck in comparison, its creators wishing they could have produced an anime with even an inkling of the genius contained within Our Holy K-ON. From the profound debates about eating cake, to the highly philosophical discussions about procrastination, to the marvelous musicianship exhibited by the Light Music Club, K-ON has established itself as the greatest intellectual anime. You cannot disagree unless you are a terrible person. Seriously. It's an infallible law of the universe. K-ON is a masterpiece. And we all know that K-ON has the superior tea scenes.

"A phenomenal chef-d'oeuvre. My fifteen years of work on Evangelion now feel trivial by comparison." — Anno Hideaki, esteemed anime director

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man." — Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States

"I am an uncultured lowborn with pedestrian tastes in anime." — Anonymous plebeian, speaking in reflection of his love for LoGH
>>
>>141187728
>LoGH meme
There are plenty of better meme anime out there anon.
>>
>>141187728
What makes LoGH uniquely good is that it holds a consistent narrative over such huge amount of episodes, which was only possible because the entire thing was one long OVA series planned from start to finish. In that regard you won't find an equal of that size.

However, there are many other shows with better characters and stories that are told in brief 12 or 24 episodes. Beyond that LoGH was a tremendous failure in terms of visuals, which is terrible because anime is a visual medium. So you'll find no shortage of shows that actually look better.
>>
File: pMrsQKb.png (876 KB, 1035x768) Image search: [Google]
pMrsQKb.png
876 KB, 1035x768
>>141187728
Macross comes close, and does address more mature themes. It's a lot campier than LoGH however.

Planetes is a pretty dope anime, and a great manga too. It's not on the intellectual level of LoGH, but it's got great production and very likable characters. Relationships actually take time to develop, which is a welcome surprise in anime.

Rahxephon is another sci-fi epic that might be your bag. This one includes giant robots and a great soundtrack. It shares many similarities with Eva, almost like a spiritual successor in a way.

Infinite Ryvius is Lord of the Flies in space. A pretty thrilling show, and quite touching at times. It's a coming of age story with a sci-fi backdrop.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>141190263
>it holds a consistent narrative over such huge amount of episodes

Because they were a series of books, you chucklefuck.
>>
Crest/Banner of the Stars is sort of similar.

Yamato 2199 is in a vaguely similar vein I guess.

Japs don't really like space operas. Too much thinking.
>>
>>141187728
It does certain things very well that other anime can't beat, but it's not on some entire other 'level'. It has just about zero artistic merit in terms of direction and animation, and that's keeps it from being a masterpiece.
>>
>>141187728
Dougram?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.