[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still don't understand this scene. I understood why he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: eoe choke a bitch.png (693 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
eoe choke a bitch.png
693 KB, 1280x800
I still don't understand this scene.
I understood why he choked her the first time but why the hell did he do it again after "saving" the world? And why did he cry like a little bitch? And why did she caress his cheek as she was getting choked?
>>
>hurr durr I start eva thred by pretending i just watch xD
>>
>>141180425
Becoming the person you want to be is a lot of work. One instance of being shoved into the same consciousness as all of humanity isn't enough to teach you all you need to know and make you happy. The movie ends with Shinji still being confused and miserable despite all that's happened and all that he's learned.
>>
>>141180574
Why did she hold his cheek as she was getting choked? You'd think she'd panic, especially when waking up after dying.
>>
>>141180425
>>141180700

This may answer your question, anon:

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/17500/EoE-Final-scene-explained-and-connected-to-EoTV-GWF-Hegel/
>>
>>141180425
Why he chokes her is pretty obvious. He's half-crazy after everything and he's trying to determine that Asuka is real and that she's also returned to herself personality-wise, remember, she hasn't been well mentally for a while and then she was in a coma. After that it gets more ambiguous, but she probably just lifted her hand to his cheek cause that's all she could manage while being asphyxiated and Shinji started crying because that's not the reaction he wanted. There are definitely more well thought out conclusions than that but I'd rather it be simple than overwrought.

The last line is too vague to really comment on, in my opinion kimochi warui was just chosen for aesthetic effect.
>>
>>141180425
He choked her because she's wurst girl
>>
>>141183122
>After that it gets more ambiguous, but she probably just lifted her hand to his cheek cause that's all she could manage while being asphyxiated and Shinji started crying because that's not the reaction he wanted.
I think that's completely wrong and the exact opposite of the point of the scene. Asuka's reaction is extremely deliberate, she's stroking his face, it wasn't merely a feeble act. Moreover, if that wasn't what Shinji wanted, why wouldn't he just keep strangling her? It makes far more sense for him to break down because he did actually get what he wanted, which was acceptance, and his tears are simply stress or sadness for his own weakness or sadness for the situation as a whole or all of those things.
You're at least somewhat right about the last line.
>>
>>141182897
>evageeks

yeah no
>>
File: Rei.jpg (18 KB, 400x540) Image search: [Google]
Rei.jpg
18 KB, 400x540
>>141183217
t. Toiletfucker Barbosa
>>
Her neck is a cock. Shinji's cock. Get that through your head. Plus the petrified Eva series all caught big fish.
>>
>>141187376
>Freud yamyam
Stop right there, faggot.
>>
>>141187419

You just don't get it. Your mind isn't developed enough. Just like some sperg from reddit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.