[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What /a/'s opinion on Girls und Panzer? Have you watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: kay-congratulates-miho.jpg (204 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kay-congratulates-miho.jpg
204 KB, 1280x720
What /a/'s opinion on Girls und Panzer?

Have you watched it? and if so, what're your thoughts?
>>
They have circlejerking general up like 24/7 so yeah.
>>
Sorry buddy, literally one here has seen it.
>>
>>141157831
>>
>>141174627
Decent show but discussion here is ruined by the absolutely awful fanbase.
>>
>>141174627
not as good as sora no woto but still fun
>>
>>141175729
>absolutely awful fanbase
that's me
>>
>>141176055
>comparing GuP to SnW
This makes no sense.
>>
>>141174627
I watched it a couple weeks ago and it blew me away. Such a fun show, just outrageously fun to watch. I don't know squat about tanks or anything either. I think Mizushima might be one of my favourite directors. He always finds a way into my heart even if I'm skeptical to begin with. Can't wait for the movie.
>>
File: GuP in a nutshell.webm (2 MB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
GuP in a nutshell.webm
2 MB, 640x400
>>
>>141174627
Thought it was decently fun, don't remember anything else.
>>
its an alright sports anime with cute girls

not really as good as any actual great sports anime because the OST isn't hype and the characters mostly don't develop at all
>>
>>141176607
I'd say the OST was great, and I thought at least the main cast developed am appropriate amount for a 12 episode show.
>>
File: smug miho.jpg (30 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
smug miho.jpg
30 KB, 599x337
>>141176607
>he doesn't like the marches
GuP isn't about having interesting characters or plot, it's about motherfucking tanks. The characters only exist for the purpose of absurdism. They're a joke. She gets better at flower arrangement by firing a tank's main gun? They all kyaa~ over the propaganda film reel? Tank combat is just dating cute boys? The whole thing is just an excuse for them to animate mother fuckin tanks, wrapped in a gag about school girls.
>>
>>141174627
It's still enjoyable if you don't like tanks, but it's fairly clear that it wasn't written for non-military otaku given that the rest of the story is colour-by-numbers moe if you strip away the military aspects of it
>>
>>141177306
I disagree, I mean there's a fair amount of geeking over military tech but it's super accessible and its charm transcends tank fetishism.
>>
>watch first episode
>subtitles mixed with English and German
>>
>>141177828
that's the best bit you nonce
>>
>>141177886
>switching between two languages is the best
Might as well just go for the fucking RAW.
>>
>>141177985
Or watch the dub
>>
>>141177828
There should be a second sub track without that unfunny shit.
>>
>>141178526
I guess I should have risked downloading it back then, oh well too late now. Only watched it because I had access to on demand stuff and this show was in but it was dubbed. I never planned watching this in the first place.
>>
>>141178790
>dubbed
The thing that universally rustled /a/'s jimmies was that the dub included an instrumental version of korobeiniki instead of katyusha because of copyright bollocks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIY36UbDbQQ
>>
>>141178994
Yeah, about the only thing I didn't like about the dub, was that Katyusha wasn't in the soundtrack.
>>
>>141178994
Yes I know. I was going to mention that but forgot. not sure why they would get rustled if they don't watch dubs normally.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.