[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /a/ So I'm a fan of the neon genesis evangelion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (198 KB, 820x680) Image search: [Google]
image.png
198 KB, 820x680
Hello, /a/

So I'm a fan of the neon genesis evangelion series and I recently finished watching the series along with The End of Evangelion again. Never tried out the rebuild movie series because it kind of looks like it was made for people that like more flamboyant anime series such as one piece or fairy tail. Now I know that's probably a bit of a stretch, but how correct is my assumption? Is rebuild even worth watching?
>>
>>141146663
It's worth watching if you want a "continuation"/conclusion to the on story. If you are satisfied with everything up to this point you won't be missing out on anything.
>>
>>141146663
Hello /a/

So for the time first today, I watched the first i watched the Show: Neon Genesis: Evangelion and I have come up with one request words:
Why is Rei so anischerall? Dids it expalted in the show that the character Rei is does avidirism or something? It takes few sense that the storiers create for Rei without intention. Troubled to watch, the show, because of my request emplagued my mind. I enjoyed, amongst which, the music and the sounds as well as the amoeity and the viduals. Its simply falls into the story and charchate that make me question otherwise, most specially of Rei.

So please the words repeated in plenishment of my request?
>>
Watch it then get pissed at how shit 3.0 was, then wait like the rest to see it being driven to the ground in the 4.0 that is coming never ever.
>>
>>141147131
OP will watch rebuild just so I can suffer with the rest of you
>>
>>141147244

Rebuild 1: This is ok, they didn't change much.
Rebuild 2: They made some changes, this is pretty neat... oh wait, oh what?
Rebuild 3: What? When? Who? WHY?
>>
>>141146663
1.0 will (not) hurt you. It's just a higher budget retelling of the first episodes
>>
>>141147317
Yeah but I heard they changed the fight scene with unit 3. It seems a little forced who was piloting it in rebuild.
>>
>>141147040
uhh, if you're wondering why Rei acted the way she did through out the series (zero emotions), it isn't outright explained. However, you can get a good idea on why.

>Literally Lilith (her soul) brought in the world in the form of the lilim (human).
>Spent her whole life under watch/control of NERV, in isolation outside of class. Didn't help that she was a loner in class also.
>Raised by Gendo, who probably didn't bother raising her properly to begin with. She shows a lack of understanding many social cues.
>Was killed 2 times in her lifetime. I think when they salvaged her soul for the next Rei, it was probably like a reset button. Basically had amnesia, but iirc, she had certain emotions carry over though. I think Rei III started crying out of no where and she didn't know why in one scene towards the end of the tv series.

>plus, she had plenty of medication in her room. NERV/Gendo probably kept her sedated to a certain extent.
>>
>>141146663

Well if you're a fan of NGE and you simply want to watch more Evangelion, period, you should totally go for it and watch em. I suggest you just watch it with an open mind, and not have high expectations or anything.
It's pretty damn condensed and lots of character development is not present in the rebuilds. Which is why I suggest to anyone who wants to get into the series to watch through the TV series first. There's a ton of fanservice in these movies, which you may or may not like.

It really blows that there hasn't been any 3.0 + 1.0 (4.44) news yet. We might get an update sometime this year, since Anno is moving on from his Godzilla movie.
>>
>>141148257
>>141147317
>>141147840
>>141147302
>>141147244
>>141147131
>tldr
>I fucking hate it, its full of fan service and they changed stuff like a bunch of assholes but I cant wait for the fourth one, I own 3 figures
>>
>>141148397
Yeah that's what it seems like. Almost as if it's basically become what it was meant to be a deconstruction of. However, I already said I'll give it a chance. Worst that can happen is I'll have my own option on it.
>>
File: gentlemen start your engines.gif (494 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
gentlemen start your engines.gif
494 KB, 500x314
I want them to do something completely fucking retarded with the series and then have it all end the same way as end of evangelion
>>
There's nothing wrong with Rebuild, the TV series + EoE are separate from it. Even if it turns out that they're all part of the same timeline, they'll still be separate because of how they were made, the time they were made, their impact, etc.

They're fun to watch, just don't expect it to be anything but a condensed retelling of the originals for a modern audience.
>>
>>141148397
>>141148622
>>141148492

Hey, I have some questions.
During the end of 3.33, I noticed shinji pulled the lances out of Lilith and she explodes. does that mean Giant Naked Rei is no longer possible in the Rebuild? From what I gathered, is that if Instrumentality happens in 4.0, will it be SEELE's version? Does SEELE have the spear of cassius also?
>>
>>141148887
Seele is all dead, silly.
>>
File: sly.jpg (31 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
sly.jpg
31 KB, 704x528
>>141148887
>actual discussion on /a/
is seele around even?
>>
File: Kj1SFdy.gif (650 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Kj1SFdy.gif
650 KB, 500x750
>>141146663
>Is rebuild even worth watching?

Yes.
>>
>>141148964
Oh fuck, just thought about that. well shit mate, I initially thought 4.44 would be like a EoE 2.0 with the whole instrumentality thing.

I remember the preview at the end was implying that a final showdown with some mass-produced EVAs vs Maru and Asuka was gonna happen.
>>
>>141148622
I'm just hoping for lulzy shit like Rebuild Gendo revealing himself as grownup TV Shinji or something. Maybe the father-son Eva fight Anno wanted in the show.
>>
File: gendousmirk.png (270 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
gendousmirk.png
270 KB, 704x528
>>141149383
gendo becomes main char
he was main char all along.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.