[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it get better? Im 4 episodes in, and until now it has mainly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 11
File: bakemono.jpg (280 KB, 1274x715) Image search: [Google]
bakemono.jpg
280 KB, 1274x715
Does it get better? Im 4 episodes in, and until now it has mainly been abstract locations with abstract dialog, a panty flash and a crab. Its rated 8.40 after all.

>inb4 mal rating.
>>
Episode 3 is the best episode. If you don't like it just drop it.
>>
>>141126784
I got into it after Snail arc. Dropped it for a few months around the same episode.
>>
It's been awhile since I've seen Bake but I don't remember the show changing much.
>>
>>141126784
>does it get better

if you didn't like episode 1, just drop it.
>>
>>141126784
i dont get it either anon

i get calling an anime a waste of time but...this show especially is just a fuckin waste
>>
>>141126784
>Its rated 8.40 after all.
you should read/watch something because it's interesting, not because it has a high rating. the best thing about bakemonogatari were the thematic discussions, which will never happen again
>>
File: 1462232839358.gif (2 MB, 532x300) Image search: [Google]
1462232839358.gif
2 MB, 532x300
>>141126784
>mal rating
"no."
>>
>>141126784
>forcing shit you don't like on you
Also stop being an insecure faggot and do what you need to do without asking others.
>>
If you don't like it by now, just drop it.

Watch it again if you want too later. Don't do something you don't want to do.
>>
Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it.
>>
>>141127231
kill yourself
>>
File: 1348836872019.gif (799 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1348836872019.gif
799 KB, 320x240
>>141126784
>MAL rating
>>
>>141127255
that is very rude of you anon
>>
>>141127211

what?
>>
ITT: faggots who can't into the deepness of bakemonogatari

kill yourselves faggot, just watch it op it gets better.
>>
>>141127373
>the deepness of bakemonogatari

nice meme, i watch this because it is a above average harem
>>
>>141126784
It really doesn`t change much, if you don`t like it by now, just drop it.
I personally love every second of it, but can also understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea.
>>
File: Wilma.jpg (115 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Wilma.jpg
115 KB, 640x360
>>141127255

you should be ashamed
>>
File: 1461212715704.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461212715704.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
if you dont like it after snail you will never like it
>>
>>141126784
If you didn't like its style by episode 3-4 then drop it because the change of style doesn't change at all, if anything it goes turbo mode in some seasons only focusing majorly on characters and their interactions.
>>
>>141126784
Some of the locales are just photographs of places in Japan. If you don't like it now drop it and hide the threads. Also
>MAL rating.
You do realise most of that userbase is absolutely retarded and rates shit on the first episode alone without even finishing the show right? Shit shouldn't even be allowed.
>>
>>141127230
>>141127497
>>141127538

I'll give it another try when i have the time for slow pace. I did enjoy the the first episode.
>>
>>141127610
>>141127270

You guys don't actually think MAL rating doesn't even correlate to quality, do you?

Sure, the correlation isn't perfect, but it's generally not bad, with the exception of some popular/band-wagon shit that gets overrated.
>>
>>141127610

yeah i know anon. but its too tempting to just browse from the top rated when im out of ideas on shows to watch
>>
>>141126784
>mal rating.
Please fuck off there and don't come here again retard
>>
>>141127803
Fuck back off to MAL then.
>>
>>141126784
what >>141127007 said

If you're not invested in it from e1 it's just not for you, drop it and don't waste your time
>>
>>141127912

Nice false dichotomy.
>>
>>141127610

Somewhat of a newfag here
What exactly is wrong with MAL? Or is it just something to hate because its popular?>>141127610
>>
I want to delete my MAL account already.
>>
>>141126784
try to watch until episode 13, if you still don't like it drop it. Episode 13 changed my life
>>
>>141127963

MAL has serious problems, but only newfags avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>141126784
If you like nice hair on your characters don't bother watching.
>>
>>141127803

I can get behind this. Sure, you should take every rating with a big pinch of salt, but not beeing able to use them as a general guideline is just retrarded.
>>
>>141127963
If you don't understand what is wrong with MAL's rating, stay there
>>
>>141127963
MAL is an easy way to see wincest though. I watch wincest anime because it's rated low there because MUH THEY'RE SIBLING IT'S DISGUSTING YOU KNOW. Though it's a bit disappointed that both NBRshit and BRshit get the same rate, so sometimes I get NBRshit anime.

MAL only good for that, and for tracking sales, and for backlogging.
>>
>>141126784
I had the same problem. I tried episode 3 three times and I could never finish it despite the fact that I usually like series with lots of talking. Maybe I'll try again in a few years.
>>
>>141126872
>>141127007

This 2 are accurate, if you didn't like it from the start but wanted to continue try it until episode 3 and if still you didn't like it, drop it altogether. The anime is one of the rare ones wherein if you didn't like it from very first episode just drop it. Monogatari is more of an acquired taste than a "3 episode rule" anime.
>>
IMO bake was a quite different show than we have today. OP, keep going through it, it picks up in Nise when best girl shows up selling curses. After that, monogatari is way better. Season two has best arc with best girl.
>>
>>141127963
I don't use MAL personally, but some of the highest rated anime on those sites tend to be popular shounen. There are more people who casually watch anime than there are who are serious about the medium and can rate shows with a broader perspective. They are scared and turned off by the avant garde and love the typical. Thus, ratings can be considered somewhat skewed.

However, if they support your own opinion of a show, then they're of course 100% accurate.
>>
>>141128137
I like Nise better than Second Season. Bake was far more better than all combined.
>>
>>141127803
Something being popular does not correlate to it's quality at all. Do you believe Harry Potter is the pinnacle of literature? Besides MAL is full of more cancer than most anime communities.
>>
>>141128231

Popularity DOES correlate to quality. Correlate - not guarantee.

Note that quality series ARE popular, too. All of the 'best' anime is massively popular, it just doesn't have the kind of sales low brow stuff does. Or maybe it even does.

In any case, we're discussing subjective ratings, not popularity.
>>
>>141128231
You're the only one who brought popularity into the argument dumbass. Rating is not the same as popularity, a show could be rated a 10 with only 5 votes.
>>
Episode 12 is the best thing ever and the ED will finally make sense.
>>
>>141127803
Kill yourself. With fire if possible.
>>
>>141127963
MAL ratings are always massively skewed for popular & unpopular shows with westerners. Just about anything averaging a 9+ on MAL could be massively overrated in your own opinion.
Ratings and reviews on MAL are different, don't look at the score then say one autist explained his points so there for everything is justified, hundreds make reviews, tens of thousands click a button to rate and be done with it. A lot of reviews there also falls into the modern rating dilemma where 7= shit 8 = good 8.5= very good 9 = great 10 = amazing.

It's only merit is tracking things in your backlog and being a repository for looking up seiyuu and other staff history outside of wikipedia IMO. Also like that Anon said being able to add to the average score for a show before it's even finished airing is bullshit and skews the rating even further because tons of anime have great starts and then fall into being just mediocre - average.
>>
>>141127803
Fuck off back to MAL. You're already affected by the groupthink mentality of their stupid "community".
>>
>>141128464
Holy shit anon, is this ironic or do you really have this little self-awareness?
>>
>>141128366

Why did you shoehorn 'western' into your argument? How is that relevant at all?

In any case, the ratings aren't perfect, but to make the argument that they don't at all correlate to quality is completely asinine. Of course they do, in aggregate. We don't know the strength of the correlation, but I suspect it's stronger than "asshole on /a/'s opinions" - even substantially so.

Furthermore, that the scale is somewhat universal as you pointed out is actually good, even if it is in practiced normalized to 7 rather than 5.
>>
>>141127822
here's what i do: start with some anime you already know are good, then look at some of the reviews on MAL. click on the users with solid reviews and see what anime they've seen or added recently. i almost always find something good that /a/ never talks about

for example, i started watching inou-battle wa nichijou, which is a comfy SoL with chuuni antics, and in all my years on /a/ i dont think i've ever seen a single thread for it
>>
>>141128527
Because MAL is a site popular with western anime viewers and not nips, retard. Not even going to read or respond to anything else.
>>
>People are still watching bakeshit in 2016
Gorespammer, where the fuck are you?
>>
>>141128527
Western has shit taste after all and most MAL users are from western countries.
>>
>>141126784
>MAL
No, it doesn't. It's massively overrated harem shit.
>>
>>141128503
The latter. I still posit 4chan is less conformist.
>>
>>141128630

Did you actually think weeb: the post would be anything less than embarrassing?
>>
>>141128621
>>141128630
I've got some bad news for you guys: You're western anime viewers
>>
>>141128673
How shocking.
>>
>>141128621

And?

Do you know what a non-sequitur is?

Randomly putting facts into an argument that have no bearing on its content. Elephants are among the only animals that have been observed to grieve their dead.
>>
>>141128601
But you're wrong newfaggot, it was talked here but people focused shitposting on kyoAni anime, and also it was forgetable anime.
>>
>>141128673
We're not the average.
>>
>>141128671
>>141128673
I'm sorry, but I'm not from wescuck country.
>>
>>141126784
it's shit for pretentious memesters
so of course /a/ loves it
>>
Monkey is best girl

I've never watched the series
>>
>>141128778

Then you're from an inferior country - or at least one with an inferior literary tradition. Either way, you've lost.
>>
>>141128818
At least mudslime wont cuck my country.
>>
>>141126784

No. The first couple episodes were a struggle in and of themselves to get through but held some promise of something more involving. Everything beyond that is pretty much intolerable unless you're one of those new age weaboos that loves them some unconventional convoluted storytelling and characters just bantering at each other while some occasional fanservice and text flashes across the screen. It's practically the franchise that ended the very idea of decent late night TV anime as we know it since now there's tons of shitty LN's with annoying as fuck characters and prattling pretentious dialogue just flooding the market. Now everyone just chases after the fanatical demographics like Monogatari's.
>>
>>141127163

At the end of the day this fandom is all about the circlejerk and trying to fit in with what's cool. That's half the reason people claim to like this franchise in the first place and make it one of their first watches upon entering the fandom. Nowadays most people only really watch LN shit anyway though so it's bound to enter their watch list at some point regardless
>>
>>141128722
>And?
I should be asking you that but you're too busy throwing a fit because I used the word westerner.
>>
>>141127912

/a/ is barely much better these days anyway. At least I'm not seeing much of a difference since about 2015.
>>
>>141128004

I already did about a month back. Just got tired of dealing with a whole bunch of ADD sugar rush kids who don't know what they're talking about. Only reason I tolerate 4chan is because of anonymity but I'll probably quit here eventually too considering I barely even watch anime anymore and mostly just like shitting on all the ridiculously bad ideas and cash grab stuff it comes out with now.
>>
>>141128967
/a/ is completely fucked to be honest.

95% of the posts here are shitposting/waifuposting. The remaining 5% discuss the show, with .5% actually being decent comments.

This board is terrible for discussing anime. It's not even a little bad - it's REALLY bad.
>>
>>141128817
Wow, you must be a prophet!

Well, she's a petty lesbian tomboy, how can you not love her
>>
>>141129064
Why are you here so?

Actually I mostly agree with you ;_;
>>
>>141129390

I've been addicted to 4chan since I was 16 10 years ago.
>>
>>141129064
>95% of the posts here are shitposting/waifuposting.
It has always been this way and it's perfectly fine that way.
>>
>>141129442

>shitposter/waifuposter detected

The vast majority of people who aren't mentally ill just get really bored when some fag starts talking about his romantic attachment to a character two episodes in a new season.
>>
>>141129474
Maybe you should consider going to reddit then where you can have deep discussions about your mature Chinese cartoons for mature people like yourself.
>>
>>141127963

MAL along with Crunchyroll is like the chief example of why the anime fanbase is absolutely retarded and as hopeless as the medium they prop up right now. Bunch of braindead idiots who can't even think a single unique thought or opinion for themselves running around shouting hype this hype that and just making the exact same comments over and over again in threads by dozen. Basically take everything that's shit about /a/, double it and remove any of the potential upsides, though again really practically the same thing nowadays once you strip away the bullshit and pretense. I'm just waiting for /a/ to become entirely like MAL in ultra shitty commercialized seasonal anime taste and commentary style so that I can quit here too. I'd say it's like 3/4 of the way there already. Should be totally converted by the end of this year just in time for anime to really go to complete and utter hopeless shitty mobage commercials, fujobait and even more samey popular wish fulfillment LN adaptations for 2017. You know instead of the mostly hopeless state it's in now with that one tolerable real show nobody watches because it doesn't contain cliche waifus and possibly Aniplex hype marketing to tell the community what to watch/like state that it's in right now.

Seriously though I've never seen the anime scene nor it's community look as hopelessly bleak as it does right now to the point where it's just like why even bother much. Not even back in 2009 when the global economy all but crashed, production dropped off and it looked like the industry could even potentially have some major bankruptcies. At the very least the community wasn't complete hot garbage then like it is now when almost nothing good was coming out for a couple years. Right now it's like almost nothing good has come out in nearly 3 and looks to continue that way at least on broadcast TV.
>>
>>141129533

>le false dichotomy face

There's a difference between being annoyed by some mentally ill faggot whose posts are nothing but masturbatory vehicles for his teenage sexual frustrations and being a redditshittard.
>>
>>141126784
This is the entire series. If you aren't into it, that means you're a normal functioning person.
>>
>>141128085

That's where I couldn't get past either. I just found it annoying as hell to try to watch at that point and could not for the life of me understand why people liked it so much. Nowadays I totally get it though, it's that the communities taste is fucking ridiculously bad and doesn't even remotely resemble mine anymore despite ostensibly being oriented toward the same medium at least in theory. Really though I'm not even entirely convinced it's the same medium I got interested in in years past, I mean yeah the aesthetics are similar but the tone and overall message has changed for the excessively commercial and pointless.
>>
>>141129567
Go back to your containment thread, anti-Aniplex-kun.
>>
>>141129567

>a thread where I'm agreeing with Aniplex guy

I mean, you're fucked in the head too, but you're not entirely worthless.
>>
>>141129567

The one key remaining difference between /a/ and MAL is that MAL is an exceedingly hype based community. Everything from ratings to reviews to commentary and it's frequency revolves around what is said to have the most hype currently whereas /a/ will just claim to like or hate anything on a whim. Same end result of ridiculous ways of reaching conclusions about shows, different methods of getting there where MAL has literally one path to follow and /a/ is just anything goes to fulfill the narrative necessary for the thread and what the OP is trying to do with it.
>>
>>141129580
It's not a false dichotomy when it applies. I can only repeat that you should go elsewhere if you want deep discussion about your mature shows. Leave /a/ to people who aren't retards but aware of the nature of what they're watching.

>mentally ill faggot whose posts are nothing but masturbatory vehicles for his teenage sexual frustrations
This may be news to an obvious normalfag such as yourself but they're likely not teenagers. And I fail to see how this is connected to mental illness.

>redditshittard
You're doing a good job outing yourself as one. You should go there because you'll fit right in.
>>
>>141129567
>one tolerable real show nobody watches
Which would be?
>>
>>141129018
>I'll probably quit here eventually too
You have a terminal addiction to shitposting, you're not getting out of here until you die.
>>
>>141126784
Just read Zaregoto and don't touch Nisio's other works. They are pretty much all trash.
>>
>>141129018
>I'll probably quit here eventually too considering I barely even watch anime anymore
Get the fuck out then. The less people like you are here the better /a/ is going to become.
>>
>>141129743

Shitposters and people with severe mental illness do not have a monopoly on /a/, nor do they have a monopoly on 4channel. I'm a NEET myself, but I'm not even remotely as fucked in the head as someone who can develop a romantic attachment to a fictional character after 3 minutes of screen time two episodes into a new season. Even if that's possible for you - why do we care? We don't. Fuck off with your dumb shitposting and obsession - we're not interested in seeing through the prism of your mental illness.

If you legitimately think /a/ isn't about DISCUSSING ANIME AND MANGA, you're a /v/ shit cancer fucktard and deserve nothing but the gas chamber.
>>
>>141126784
>mal rating
>>
>>141129823
If you legitimately think that talking about your love for an anime character isn't discussing anime, you deserve a mental facility.
>>
>>141126784
Maybe, and only maybe, you will like Suruga Monkey or episode 12 more, but I think you can drop it without regrets.
>>
>>141129823
>4channel
Too obvious, 2/8.
>>
>>141129823
>I'm a NEET myself, but I'm not even remotely as fucked in the head as someone who can develop a romantic attachment to a fictional character
People develop romantic attachment to real people in even less than three minutes. Romantic attraction is not based on reason.

>We don't.
I think you're projecting. I for one am very interested in who Anon wants to fuck.

>If you legitimately think /a/ isn't about DISCUSSING ANIME AND MANGA
And discussing the characters in regards to sexual aspects is discussing anime and manga. If you're unable to deal with that you should probably get the fuck out.
>>
File: MAL FYI.png (16 KB, 1065x218) Image search: [Google]
MAL FYI.png
16 KB, 1065x218
>>141128366
For future uses.
>>
>>141129911
Not the guy you've been arguing with, but no, waifu threads have little to with anime. You could replace the topic with
>If you had a gf what would you do on a date with her
and the thread would be the same.

Waifu threads are just glorified blogshit that happens to be accompanied by pictures of anime girls.
>>
No, it gets worse.
>>
>>141130036
What, actual you're-waifu-a-cute generals? That's different, what we're talking about is just people in normal threads talking about girls. At least I assume that's what we're talking about, since waifu generals, blogshit though they are, are one thread and nowhere near the 95% of the board that other anon was complaining about.
>>
>>141129567
>popular wish fulfillment LN adaptations for 2017
Sorry newfriend but that's literally the only reason I watch anime.
>>
>>141129689

I never tried to claim I'm fully there mentally (I'm not as conflicted as I used to be since I barely care about anime anymore much like the rest of /a/ which is probably why I'm even still here) but I don't see how it's possible to reach any other conclusion at this point when all you have to do is look around you at the community and the kind of shit that keeps getting announced to see it. It's just undeniable if you're capable of seeing it, which IMO still not a lot of people are (even if I think more people are slowly waking up to the reality I saw as far back as 2014) because they're entirely caught up in their own bullshit and constructed narratives surrounding things and have yet to look up at reality in a while. Right now there seem to be two camps, ones that have accepted things are hopeless and moved on from the community and anime a while ago and thus no are longer able to make purposeful commentary and make things at least tolerable (the one I'm guaranteed to join by years end if not any day now) and those that just don't give a fucking shit and stick around to shitpost like /a/, to be their when the hype goes down like the MAL community or to laugh at the state of things like me. The one thing they all have in common is that they don't really seem to enjoy anime much anymore.

Right now I guess I'm mostly still here to see if anything remotely interesting happens in 2016 and to laugh at the people that still haven't realized what's going on with this medium but seem to be slowly coming around to in the face of overwhelming supporting evidence. I want to see how far that goes, how much deeper the hole gets and how big a ball of resentment gets built up towards this now shit medium before years end.
>>
>>141129064
Welcome to the anime community, how's your first month going?
>>
Be careful about creating this kind of thread.
I too found out that Araragi dies and Crab cucks him with Kaiki by making a thread like this.
That being said, it gets a lot better in my opinion
>>
>>141128366
>A lot of reviews there also falls into the modern rating dilemma where 7= shit 8 = good 8.5= very good 9 = great 10 = amazing.
A much greater problem I see is that due to the fact that MAL ties into a community, a review is also going to serve as a vehicle of self-portrayal for the reviewer. i.e. you'll rarely see someone positively review a show focussing on ecchi/fanservice, even if the show does that in a very good manner - in a sense of accomplishing its goals. In most cases people would dismiss something that would be regarded morally questionable by mainstream society and rate it more lowly than it deserves. On the other hand if a show has a positive reputation, if it is highly regarded by people who hold authority within the community, then the show is going to gather much more positive reviews since people would use their rating as a badge of presenting themselves as 'tasteful' or 'cultured'.

This is why communities with persistent identities are fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>141130233
Fuck off already.
>>
>>141130233

What show are you following this season?
>>
>>141129823

Yes they do, look around you. It's far too late to save this community, the shitposters and idiots far outnumber the more reasonable folk as does the anime that's made to cater to those kinds of social misfits and shitposters.

>>141129796

Yeah you just keep telling yourself things would be any better without people like me here. It'd be the same fucking cyclical shitposting and you'd know it. I'll be gone one day and people won't even notice it because they'll be too busy shitposting and being retarded to care.
>>
>>141130233
I've been watching anime since the late 80s and I'm still having a lot of fun every season. You sound like a huge drama queen.
>>
>>141130307
>people won't even notice it
If I went about a week without seeing one of your shitposts, I'd definitely notice it, and I'm sure the faggots in the stalker threads would notice within mere hours.
>>
Modern anime is literally just pandering garbage aimed at people looking for a good fap. That's all it's good for and this show fits that bill as best as anything ever have hence it's success and popularity. Really nothing complex about it and little more to say about the matter.
>>
>>141129018
I haven't been there for years, so I thought MAL still doesn't allow users to delete their own account, but it changed?
>>
>>141130307
>anime that's made to cater to those kinds of social misfits
Yes, anime should be catering to mainstream society more. How about we introduce more trannies and people of colour to make it more accessible? Why not take all nudity out while we're at it to remind people that the female body is not meant to be objectified. That will certainly improve anime.

>I'll be gone one day and people won't even notice it
Because nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>141130347

You'd just see someone else's shitposts or a copy cat so drop the indignity act for a second and stop pretending it'd be any different. The only reason you're pretending to be this mad is because it's convenient right now for shitposting purposes. Like come on already anon, you know it, I know it, deep down everyone knows it but will never admit it.
>>
>>141130445

They do do those things, they're mostly just extreme caricatures.
>>
>>141130457
>You'd just see someone else's shitposts
Your shitposts are very recognizable.

> The only reason you're pretending to be this mad
I'm not mad, nor am I pretending to be.
>>
>>141130445

You can't lose value from something that has nothing to begin with like modern anime and it's shitheel community so yes nothing of value will be lost you are actually correct
>>
Holy fuck, you guys need to stop this metaposting. OP asked about opinions on bakeshit and you're going off complaining how /a/'s becoming a shithole when you're directly contributing to it.
>>
>>141130533
I very much doubt that you've watched "old" anime when it wasn't yet old anime because you sound like a child.
>>
>>141130585
OP was told that it's overrated shit. The thread is already over.
>>
>>141126784
No, it does not get better.
There is no better anime.
It is the greatest story ever told in any medium all time ever.
If you weren't completely captivated in the first few minutes of the first episode, you should prolly just kill yourself.
>>
>>141130262
>I too found out that Araragi dies and Crab cucks him with Kaiki by making a thread like this.

Why would you lie on the internet?
>>
>>141130585
This is what happens when >>141128873 enters the thread.
>>
>>141130516

So? What does it matter if someones posts are recognizable or not. See what I mean about how laughable the community is, they got caught up on the stupidest bullshit like it matters so much when it really fucking doesn't. Like I said come on already people, it's long past time to drop all this pretense already but again you're not going to because that'd contribute to breaking the fragile illusion you're trying to maintain that this community holds any value beyond a place to shitpost and talk about your often literal circlejerks over sexy character designs and relentless bad dialogue that passes for development of said character designs. Like fuck me I'm glad I don't give a shit about all this pretense anymore. Yeah anime has some sexy artwork, it's all good, I just refuse to sit here and pretend there's much more to it than that or that the community consists of much more than shitposting, people trying to trollbait each other and talking about who the best girl/guys are.
>>
>>141130636
>>141130636
but araragi does die
>>
>>141130667
>What does it matter if someones posts are recognizable or not
Considering the question at hand is whether I'd notice when you disappeared, I shouldn't have to explain this.
>>
>>141130585

it is what it is anon, at least /a/ is being somewhat honest about the kind of community it is for a change or at least sort of trying.

>>141130624

This somewhat
>>
>>141130689
Did you read Mayoi Hell yet?
>>
>>141130667
tl;dr

kill yourself
>>
>>141130702

Yeah I think your mistake here is that I give a shit whether you'd notice if I disappeared or not which sorry to burst your bubble that you matter especially much but you don't. You're literally just another faceless anonymous who I've never met nor care about in any capacity and no bothering reply to you doesn't mean that you matter anymore than I do as yet another faceless anonymous here, it's just a means to an end. Call it nihilistic or whatever, but also consider where we are and the kind of medium we are talking about where literally nothing remotely matters anymore besides the character designs and how much they appeal to niche otaku audiences.
>>
>>141128601
>in all my years on /a/ i dont think i've ever seen a single thread for it
>years
No.
>>
>>141130771
not yet. I'm not quite interested enough in the show to read the LNs
>>
>>141130773

>tl;dr
>Waaaaaaaaaaah insert 4chan insult I've heard about 100 times already that gets flung around at everyone all the fucking time

Yeah sure thing, I'm totally going to follow through on your sincere request. Will there be anything else or are we done here?
>>
>>141130815
>Yeah I think your mistake here is that I give a shit whether you'd notice if I disappeared or not which sorry to burst your bubble that you matter especially much but you don't.
Then don't fucking make claims about things you don't care about.
>>
What's with all the people saying he should drop it 3 episodes in? Is the seasonal mentality spoiling our expectations?

I mean sure that's enough to get superficial impression of the show and direction style, but there's so many characters and oddities that hadn't even shown up yet and taking in consideration the number of books adapted checking the 1st season shouldn't be too hard. But maybe I'm just way too predisposed to give shows time and let them sink. Being used to older stuff with longer episode order.
>>
>>141128818
>at least one with an inferior literary tradition
Well done. I may use this.
>>
>>141128601
>in all my years on /a/ I've never seen a thread about this semi-popular show from under two years ago
What.
>>
>>141128601

With MAL the best way to tell if a show might be any good or not is usually to look for something in the 6 or 7 out of 10 score range. The reason for this is that it probably means it's been little watched by the typical hype based MAL community with it's taste that is dictated by whatever is shilled the most before the season starts and has probably only attracted some people with slightly discerning tastes who use anything other than 1 and 8/10 on the rating scale. This probably means that it's somewhat aimed at people that have a mental capacity greater than that of a small child and thus potentially has some merit to it. No guarantees but it's what I've learned to work with and it works out surprisingly often
>>
File: 1421786313144.jpg (95 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1421786313144.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1080
>>141128601
>i started watching inou-battle wa nichijou, which is a comfy SoL with chuuni antics, and in all my years on /a/ i dont think i've ever seen a single thread for it
Get the fuck out you massive lying piece of shit.

Obviously you weren't on /a/ while it aired.
>>
>>141130925
>semi popular
it used to be constantly talked about because it was trigger
>>
>>141130896
He should drop it because it's shit.
>>
>>141128744

Yes you are, you're just too far up your own ass to realize it

>>141128813

One of the few honest reply in this thread besides Aniplex guys.
>>
>>141131037
>Yes you are, you're just too far up your own ass to realize it
No, we're not.

The average are retarded weeaboo retards who think anime was mature entertainment for mature people like themselves like the faggot in this thread who thinks it was only "modern" anime that is shit and who's surprised that people on /a/ talk about female characters they want to fuck.
>>
>>141129064

Another honest post that can see the damn well obvious. The sad thing is that it's the same pretty much no matter where you go. I might slightly enjoy this medium a little more if there was anybody I could still talk with that was even remotely honest about it and the things they claim to feel about it anymore but nope. Maybe if there were any actually decent shows still coming out it'd be different but that'd just be arguing theoreticals which I'm not really up for this close to going to work.
>>
>>141130872
>Will there be anything else or are we done here?
i fucked your dirty gipsy mother and she said your gay
>>
>>141131129
How do you manage to shitpost so rampantly if you have a job?
>>
>>141129442

And hence why it'll never get any better. If this many people are fine with the status quo it is what it is. I just which they'd bitch and whine less when somebody dares to go against the hivemind and gets told to fuck off to a board that's barely any different
>>
>>141126784
you're abusing your inb4 faggot
>>
>>141131189
>And hence why it'll never get any better.
It's good the way it is. We don't need progressive fucks like you in here. /a/ is conservative.
>>
>>141131181
>Proud of shitposting
Fuck off, you're the reason this board sucks.
>>
>>141131181
Those threads were ruined under their own power, anon. People were comparing it to Naruto basically since it began.
>>
>>141131189
>And hence why it'll never get any better.
What is "better"?

If you want to talk to people who are deluded about anime being deep and mature entertainment you're better off elsewhere.
>>
>>141131185
You don't know what shitposting means.
>>
>>141131181
>he thinks it was him who came up with it
It was me you retard. I made the first post about it.
>>
>>141131358
No, it was me.
>>
>>141131358
>>141131378
You're both wrong because it was actually me.
>>
>>141131026
What a helpful post. Anyway if OP or any other irresolute faggot is still lurking past the derailing point I think the payoff to many storylines doesn't come until Second Season. The only one whose arc gets somewhat resolved is Crab. And Shinobu a major player doesn't utter a word till the next one.

Unless you absolutely loathe it stick wit it a little longer.
>>
File: kaiki.jpg (139 KB, 600x1100) Image search: [Google]
kaiki.jpg
139 KB, 600x1100
>>141126784
Gets better when you meet best girl.
>>
>>141131181
>>141131358
I don't give a fuck. This is no hivemind. Shitposters are easy to spot and ignore. Threads get worse for a while and go back to mediocre after it tops airing.
>>
>>141131515
The second season is even worse, so I don't recommend it.

You should drop it OP, it's really not worth it.
>>
>>141131185

Because I'm not actually shitposting, I'm just commenting on inconvenient truths that people here don't like. The thing that people don't get is I'm not just fucking around here and trying to be contrarian, everything I say I'm being 100% honest about. You shitposter types are just so used to things going a certain way you can't even tell the difference hence another reason why you and the community is fucking hopeless now. Amusing if slightly irritating but hopeless
>>
>>141131233

Uh huh yep, any other gems?

>>141131299

To me real conversation and real opinions and not just trying to trollbait and be contrarian about everything which is what /a/ clearly values the most as quality posting.
>>
>>141131574
I' talking about SS not S2. That is just a setup like Neko. All the arcs in SS are considerably better than the ones in Bake. Even if you liked the original style better.
>>
>>141126957
This man is correct, monogatari is an acquired taste and the snail arc is the most monogatari arc in bake. It takes some time to ease into it and the other arcs in bake do that better. I would say you need the three arc rule for bake, not the three episode rule
>>
>>141131677
>anything that deviates from my opinion must be trollbait and people being contrarian
>it is only real conversation when people agree with me
Sounds like you have some growing up to do there, champ.
>>
>>141131181

That's actually pretty funny. I'm pretty sure it's ridiculously easy to get /a/ to go along with any shitposting narrative you choose as long as you understand the psychology of the average /a/ poster and how to construct such a narrative using the right language and memes. The best part is those people probably aren't even watching those shows, they just want to be there when the shitposting goes down much like MAL and being there when the hype goes down
>>
>>141131705
Except jiangshi sucked and time mostly sucked
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
>>141131847
>it's ridiculously easy to get /a/ to go along with any shitposting narrative you choose as long as you understand the psychology of the average /a/ poster
It must have something to do with your stunning intellect and your wicked sense of humour.
>>
File: 1457067060791.jpg (80 KB, 524x480) Image search: [Google]
1457067060791.jpg
80 KB, 524x480
>>141126784
>you will never watch Bake with /a/ again
>>
Can't you fags just have fun on /a/?

Do you not realize that people just want to waifupost, talk about fucking a girl, and other things because most anime plots are shit?

No, anime is not some shit to take seriously, most is mindless entertainment, fuck off with your intellectualism to reddit please.

It has always been this way, and if you actually want discussion, go to fucking airing threads/release threads because most shit gets discussed then. Not 5 years after the shit aired, and most already discussed the shit to death.

It's not /a/ fault that you watch shit late as fuck.
>>
>>141130233
>Right now I guess I'm mostly still here to see if anything remotely interesting happens in 2016 and to laugh at the people
What is this Mal tier garbage.

Just fuck off already you pretentious bastard. Go back to bitching on Mal where you belong and go see a doctor while you're at it.

If you are forcing yourself to watch anime for whatever reason, then that really means you have some kinda mental illness.
>>
>>141132258
>>>/out/
>>
>>141126784
>Does it get better? Im 4 episodes in
Stop being a fucking faggot. You whiny fucking autistic cunt just go and watch the show, or don't. Nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>141129567
>>141127963
>>141127610
where else am I supposed to get my recommendations from?

its all good and well to say "fuck off out of /a/ and go watch animu" but you have to get the idea to watch a show from somewhere
>>
>>141126872
>>141126784
I dunno why people say episode 3 is the best. It's the first arc that shows the twists and turns of the show but other than that it's not that good, I found it rather boring my first time around but everything else felt good and enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>141136183
I know this is bait but still
Goolge
>>
>>141136522
no its not bait. legit question

google just takes you straight back to places like MAL
>>
>>141137625
You can check more sites than MAL to get recommendations.
>>
>>141126784
It's fucking shit, don't bother with it. People like it because of fanservice and MUH DEEP STORY/CHARACTERS wich are both shallow and sad compared to other works where not everything infomational is thrown at your face via a solid brick of monolouges.
>>
>>141137799
It seems like you don't want people to watch your favorite anime.
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.