[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
21 years and it hasn't been topped. Is the anime industry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: Neon_Genesis_Evangelion.jpg (3 MB, 2614x1639) Image search: [Google]
Neon_Genesis_Evangelion.jpg
3 MB, 2614x1639
21 years and it hasn't been topped.

Is the anime industry even trying?
>>
>>141108955
Nope, they are not trying at all. Even the original creators (Anno, gainax and trigger to. Lesser extent) Could not top that show.
>>
>>141109165
Even fucking Gonzo had more to do with NGE than Trigger did.
>>
I thought the same thing with Mobile Suit Gundam.
>>
>>141108955
I'll give you it was good in the beginning, but towards the end it just got fucking weird, not a good kind of weird either.
>>
>>141108955
>21 years and it hasn't been topped.
But Fate/Zero isn't even a decade old.

Besides G-Reco hasn't been out that long either.
>>
File: unit 01 shiggy.jpg (108 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
unit 01 shiggy.jpg
108 KB, 400x400
>>141109217
for you
>>
>NGE
>good
When will this meme die?
>>
>thinly veiled rec thread
>>
>>141108955
>21 years and it hasn't been topped

Something's got to be the best of it's kind. When it comes to anime series NGE is very hard to top. It's not likely to be topped soon looking at the current state of the anime industry.
>>
>>141109616

He's clearly talking about it being bad. It's hard to be as bad as NGE, but to be fair they were probably doing it on purpose.
>>
>>141108955
Utena did a few years after, but it's not as relatable to otaku so it doesn't get that much recognition in comparison
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 272x185
>>141109598
See I was actually thinking of this.
>>
>>141108955
Nice try, nigger.
>>
>>141108955
still haven't watched this
don't think I want to anyways, I've seen pretty much every spoiler for it, and also shinji is a bad character >>141109894
>>
>>141108955
Kara no Kyoukai did nine years ago.
>>
>>141110603
Literally this.
>>
>>141109616
>>NGE
>>bad

When will this meme die?
>>
>>141109502
Fate/zero is good, but not great.
>>141109728
Utena was too artsy fartsy and gay to get the same recognition as eva.

>>141110603
Knk is circlejerking material for the most pretentious retards and for those who dick ride nasu.

So yeah, Evangelion still remains in the top.
>>
>>141108955
Topped in being 2deep4u bullshit? Yeah I agree.

The mecha action was good, too bad 95% of it was about a beta herbivore male's struggles with his betaness.
>>
>>141112551
Retarded as fuck comment: the comment.
>>
For only being 6 episodes long, I consider FLCL to be just as good, t b h fampai

I recently read news of another season being announced, but I'm not hyped yet.
>>
>>141113050

damn, forgot pic.
>>
>>141112973
I'm glad that you can review your own comment without any bias.
>>
>>141109894
>I was actually thinking of this.
I still can't believe Anno had the balls to troll AsukaxShinji shippers so fucking hard. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
>>
>>141113050
>I recently read news of another season being announced
Another season of FLCL would be a bad idea. They shouldn't tamper with an already complete story like that.
>>
>>141113124
Which is why I was not immediately hyped for it when I heard about it.

Actually, it's getting 2 new seasons.
"Two new seasons totaling 12 episodes were announced on March 24, 2016 as a coproduction between Production I.G and Adult Swim."
>>
>>141113112
It wasn't just AxS shippers he was fucking with, it was everyone. Everyone who fapped over cartoons, or obsessed over them or even just liked them. It was a brilliant move that worked on so many levels
>>
File: 1360489697338.gif (3 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1360489697338.gif
3 MB, 300x300
>>141108955
>hasn't been topped.

Why are your standards so shit?
>>
>>141112551
>NGE is circlejerking material for the most pretentious retards and for those who dick ride Anno.

So yeah, your opinion sucks.
>>
>>141108955
>Implying that it IS at the top

Gave me a good chuckle, four stars
>>
>>141115252
While I admit it is one of the best movies I´ve seen, regarding art, animation, great emotional scenes, it hasn't affected me as much as NGE
>>
>>141108955
>implying it hasn't been topped
>>
>>141109704
SnK was worse than NGE. By far.
>>
>>141110380
>bad person = bad character

Go watch Mahouka or Aldnoah, baka.
>>
>>141110603
Kara no Kyoukai is one of the few shows I thought pretentious was actually fitting instead of being just a meaningless buzzword.

It's been too long since I watched it, so ironically I'm actually using pretentious as a buzzword right now since I can't back my claim up, but I can't remember anything happening that would indicate KnK having any substance at all and people were just spouting 2deep4u nonsense.

I'd probably watch it again. Would anyone kindly spoonfeed me its themes and messages if there actually are any, so that I can try to pay attention to them?
>>
>>141119752
Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the few shows I thought pretentious was actually fitting instead of being just a meaningless buzzword.

It's been too long since I watched it, so ironically I'm actually using pretentious as a buzzword right now since I can't back my claim up, but I can't remember anything happening that would indicate NGE having any substance at all and people were just spouting 2deep4u nonsense.

I'd probably watch it again. Would anyone kindly spoonfeed me its themes and messages if there actually are any, so that I can try to pay attention to them?
>>
>>141115102
B-b-but shinji ended up with asuka in the end. Sure it was a blow to people who would get off to anime characters, but I don't see why shippers wouldn't be happy with it.
>>
>>141119793
Miscommunication, not being honest with yourself, learning to love yourself, the nature of human relationships with focus on Asuka, Misato, Shinji and Rei, escapism, the struggle of having to deal with responsibilities and maybe some more I can't think of right now.
>>
File: 1462146209817.jpg (258 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1462146209817.jpg
258 KB, 1000x800
Fate/Zero's action blows NGE'S action the fuck out. Steins;Gate's story is ten times as coherent, and it doesnt have to sacrifice comexity for coherence. Those are just off the top of the head, NGE is 7-8 out of 10 at its best points. Shit like Madoka, Haruhi, Shinsekai Yori... my god theres gotta be a few dozen shows better than NGE.
>>
>>141108955
Watch more anime.
>>
>>141108955
Aria and Mushishi shit on NGE.
>>
I don't think it's possible to top it.
>>
>>141120050
>all of these Reddit anime
Fuck off kid
>>
File: 1462147406456.jpg (26 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1462147406456.jpg
26 KB, 394x394
>>141120284
Im sorry your niche autism fodder never gets real attention, but youd probably claim you hated it from the start if so. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is fucking GOAT
>>
>>141120050
I actually like Haruhi and Shinsekai Yori, but they're definitely worse than NGE.
SSY is a no brainer since it's flaws are extremely apparent. Shit pacing, episodes dedicated almost completely to exposition while the characters literally are just standing there doing nothing, characters have little personality are forgettable and not unique in any way, etc.
While Haruhi doesn't have that many flaws except for more obvious stuff like endless eight, it's just not as good as NGE. Episodic and unfinished, less brave in its story telling, brings little stuff that's new to the table, etc.

What Evangelion did that most shows can't touch is its bravery in tackling certain themes. I also enjoyed Stein;Gate, but it's Otaku pandering to the max. NGE dared to call people out on their bullshit, while if you'd try to analyze the message of Steins;Gate it'd be something like
>Hey wouldn't it be totally cool to have a time machine? You'd had to suffer a lot along the way, but eventually you get really great waifus and a perfect ending. Too bad this isn't what reality is like so you have to continue living your shitty life.
It's escapism.

Fate/Zero and Madoka are interesting in some regards, but are shit for the most part, though I don't want to make this post even longer.
>>
>Haruhi, type moon garbage, SSY, urobutcher, steins;pandering;gate
When will the meme responses end?
>>
File: utenasip.jpg (30 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
utenasip.jpg
30 KB, 720x480
>>141120050
As a long time nasufag that was around for Atari Dumbledore from Turkeyhandle, people saying that Fate/Zero is anything more than a rather good show still pisses me off. Your post comes across as shoddy bait, but it's worth saying anyway.

I don't mind it as much as I mind Narita, who is in actuality a hack, but Zero is still Urobuchi Gen and the 'action' you speak of is all CGshit. Try Gundam Unicorn.

And as for thread topic, I'm going to say Utena.
>>
>>141121063
>I also enjoyed Steins;Gate, but it's otaku pandering to the max.
>implying Eva isn't
>>
>>141121603
>It's CG so it's supposed to be shit, no matter how it's done.
Fuck this meme.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 445x629) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 445x629
>21 years and it is still older than OP

Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially /a/.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin. A big difference between Gundam and Eva is that 0079 has one of the best endings in anime history and Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.
>>
>>141113050
FLCL is definitely top 10, though Eva is the top of that top 10.
>>
>>141109502
>But Fate/Zero isn't even a decade old.
Are you serious? There's nothing good about that show except for the music.
>>
This thread is digital ebola, please stop
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.