[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About K-on!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: 687474703a2f2f6b6.jpg (992 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
687474703a2f2f6b6.jpg
992 KB, 1600x1000
/a/, I'm trying to watch K-on!. I don't know if I can.
I've just watched one episode and the thing just doesn't seems to work for me.
Any semblance of cute humor I just think "Barakamon did the cute humour too and I actually cared for the characters there, not to mention I liked the humour there" and everytime I see some semblance of characterization I say "Hyouka already did more with the same amount of minutes".

Should I keep trying? Is there light at the end? Or is it really gonna be one season of "cute girls doing cute things" and another season of "character development"?
>>
>>141103830
>Or is it really gonna be one season of "cute girls doing cute things" and another season of "character development"?
Not even that, what little character development there is in the first season is dropped in the second season favor of more CGDCT antics.

The finale tries to evoke some feels, but it comes more as manipulate than genuinely emotional
>>
>>141104010
>Not even that, what little character development there is in the first season is dropped in the second season favor of more CGDCT antics.
That's completely untrue though. Yui's development stays. She gets to school early in the first episode of the second season. The other character continue to develop throughout the second season too, it's just done more subtly.
>>
File: 1279419964394.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1279419964394.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>141103830
>I'm making a judgement about a show based off a single episode.

Just give up now, you don't actually want to watch it, you just want to watch it because people have been talking about it for years.

OP will never know the joy of S1E13 after watching the full season, one episode a week, only for S2 to come out and make K-ON even better.
>>
>>141104358
OP here. Yes, that's the reason. I want to make a fair opinion of it, instead of regurgitate memes or blindly believe the praises.
>>
>>141104490
So then fucking watch it and don't form an opinion about a two season show off one episode like a retard.
>>
>>141104289
>Yui's development stays. She gets to school early in the first episode of the second season. The other character continue to develop throughout the second season too, it's just done more subtly.
And pretty much every other aspect of her personaliy besides her being a retard is gone.

Hell they even removed the hints that she may be some sort of Savant genius like in the first eps of the S1
>>
>>141104527
>Implying I've formed an opinion with only one episode
My issue is different, anon. Thanks for trying nevertheless.
>>
File: 1449416133668.png (1020 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449416133668.png
1020 KB, 1280x720
>>141104660
>My issue is different, anon.

>I'm trying to watch K-on!. I don't know if I can.
>I've just watched one episode...
>>
>>141104490
Here's the thing anon. If you want a fair opinion of K-on, you need to go in fully willing to let the Keions into your heart. Now that might sound cheesy and stupid, but I'm being completely serious.
K-on is the sort of show where if you go in wanting to hate it you'll find a plethora of reasons to do so. It won't spoonfeed you, it won't tell you why you should like it, and it won't show you why it's good in any explicit terms. On the surface it does seem like an incredibly generic show, after all.
However, if you go in openly and genuinely, you will find yourself falling in love with the Keions and then falling in love with the show. So here's my advice- don't force yourself. If you don't want to watch it, take a break. There's no point at which the show will click for you and you'll suddenly love it. But let it sit in the back of your mind, watch an episode every once in a while when you feel like you want to, and you'll probably end up loving it. Good luck, and I hope to see you in the threads some day.
>>
>>141103830
I stopped at episode 1 for the same reason
>>
File: 1458596230721.jpg (179 KB, 1246x919) Image search: [Google]
1458596230721.jpg
179 KB, 1246x919
/a/, I'm trying to masturbate. I don't know if I can.
I've just touched my penis for twenty seconds and the thing just doesn't seems to work for me.

Should I keep trying? Is there light at the end?
>>
>>141104010

>They learned to play instruments
>Formed a band
>Wrote original songs and music
>Recorded a cassete mix
>Traveled
>Traveled overseas
>Made friends

How much character development you had in highschool dumbass? You can use the mouth your whore mother gave you to speak your uninformed opinion all you want, but HTT had more character development than what you're getting in your whole pathetic life retard.
>>
>>141104724
OP here. Gonna follow your advice.

>>141104706
>Ignoring that I mentioned 2 other shows
>>
File: 1377375801332.gif (988 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1377375801332.gif
988 KB, 500x281
>>141104840
>>Ignoring that I mentioned 2 other shows

>Any semblance of cute humor I just think "Barakamon did the cute humour too and I actually cared for the characters there...
You've watched one episode. If Barakamon did cute humor so well will you never watch another show with cute humor because it can't live up to Barakamon and the pedestal you've put it on?
>...not to mention I liked the humour there" and everytime I see some semblance of characterization I say "Hyouka already did more with the same amount of minutes".
Will you never watch a show with characterization again? You're arguments are fucking childish and you sound retarded.
>>
As someone who is NOT an avid watcher of moe shows, I genuinely like this one a lot (probably cus I'm a sucker for music shows), but one thing I recommend to not get sick of it early on is to only watch a certain amount of episodes per day. It's taken me like 10 days to finish S2 because it really does feel redundant at times.

tl;dr it's probably the one of the only good slice of life anime
>>
>>141104834
That's the plot, not character development, by the end of the show all of the characters are pretty much the same as when the show started.

Don't get me wrong, I really like K-on, but lets not pretend it's a deep and complex show with well-written, well-developed characters.
>>
>>141104764
if you seriously can't get pleasure from your penis after twenty seconds, that shit's broken.
>>
>>141104969
>Implying I judge one episode versus entire series

Is not that I'm doing the unfair thing of comparing a finished show with just one episode of other, you dumbass. Is that in just one episode, the first one, K-on! feels lackluster in comparison. Like that anime that setted the bar but already got beaten in what it did.

>Implying it is bad to be reminded of another show that did it better
What is wrong with you? I'm just comparing, retard. If I were to have that childish attitude you claim, I would've dropped a lot of shows already, instead of looking for things in them that makes them unique.

God you're obnoxious.
>>
I suggest shut the fuck up what kind of fucking person stops after one episode and asks for advice on the internet? Like what the fuck? Is this what it's come to? Why not, oh I dunno, watch episode two? You claim to want a "fair opinion" but what kind of fair opinion is based on other anons telling you theirs? God you're insufferable.

>>141104358
It always cracks me up how they topple Nodoka here. It's great, like a summation of their entire relationship.
>>
>>141104764
This is unironically why I didn't ejaculate until I was fifteen.
>>
>>141104998
As another avid non-watcher (or used to be) of moe shows, I binged the fuck out of K-On! and it was my favourite show instantaneously.
>>
>>141105188
So then why are you even asking if you should keep going if you're not having second thoughts about it or comparing it to other shows?

>But I'm only comparing the first episode

Just watch the rest of the show already.
>>
>>141105056
You're wrong though. Yui's no longer completely shiftless and has found something that she genuinely has a passion for. Mugi found the normal relationships and experiences she wished for and experienced them fully. Azusa has learned to let go of the past and move on from her senpai. Mio's learned to lighten up and stop taking everything so seriously. Ritsu's probably the least changed of all of them but she's definitely not the same from beginning to end.

At any rate, you have a very basic misunderstanding of what character development entails. When a character develops, this does not mean that their entire personality needs to change and they need to essentially become an entirely different character. Small, gradual changes in behavior, even ones that don't effect personality, are still development.
>>
>>141105188
>Is not that I'm doing the unfair thing of comparing a finished show with just one episode of other
Sounds to me like that's exactly what you're doing. Also are you Russian?
>>
>>141104764
Damn, why am I laughing so hard at this
>>
>>141105481
Yeah. My apologies for redacting it in a way it sounds like that. The correct question I should've made would be "How character interaction and characterization compares between K-on! and both Hyouka and Barakamon?" and the answers would be to look at different perspectives, rather than not forming an opinion. If that were to be, I wouldn't had dared to come to /a/ in the first place, the harshest, yet the more honest place for this kind of things, and would had rather prefered the comfiest yet numb and dumbest alternative of youtube reviewers.

Also no, I'm not Russian. What gives you that impression?
>>
File: 1450312548642.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450312548642.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>141105056
>>
>>141105768
because english is clearly not your first language and your clipped, staccato syntax sounds like that of an eastern european or russian.
>>
>>141104010
>I am going to post based on things I read on the threads

But here was your BIG mistake

>what little character development there is in the first season is dropped in the second season.

Is actually the other way around.,

Verdict: nice try/10
>>
>>141106127
But I like K-on and rewatch it regularly, I just don't delude myself into believing its a masterpiece of SoL or iyashikei.

Also
>implying characters aren't way more one-dimensional in S2 than in S1

Take off your fanboi goggles dude
>>
>>141106008
Really? Well, I'm way far from there actually. I'm from Chile. Nice catch, a shame my ESL-ness bothers the sentitive ones in here, since I've seen people literally using that as their only rebuttal card.
>>
>>141106298
They aren't, in fact it's really only Yui who gets less development in season 2. Granted, none of the characters are developed more in season 2 than Yui is in season one, but there is still development,
>>
>>141104628

yui was never being set up as some musical savant that plot point was to highlight that her brand of musicianship is more of an improvisational from the heart style of playing as opposed to a more methodical, academic style of playing. which mirrors her character and personality. she also has perfect pitch, its uncommon but it is a thing.
>>
File: 1457013232257.png (304 KB, 352x462) Image search: [Google]
1457013232257.png
304 KB, 352x462
if you don't care about the characters just stop watching

also if you don't care about the characters re-evaluate your life
>>
OP here, watched episode 2.
3 of the 4 girls already got me. The MC is too dumb for my taste. I think I will enjoy this. Thanks for the feedback /a/.
>>
>>141106313
its no big deal but it wasnt really a nice catch, its super obvious to any native speaker. your english is still good.
>>
>>141103830
>and I actually cared for the characters there
You've only watched one episode. Relax.
>>
>>141105056
You sound very confused.

>lets not pretend it's a deep and complex

You are the only only one using those words. K-on is a very simple but very well told story and you keep saying that there is no development but lets remove the light music club from the girls life and what happes

Yui becomes a NEET
Ritsu doest go to college and starts working after big school
Mio is separated from her only friend and never develops the ability to make new friends
Mugi never becomes independent of her parents money
Azusa: Similar to Mio but because of her strict personality instead of shyness.

To be honest you sound tsundere/pretentious as hell. Like you can admit you like the show but at the same time you don't allow yourself to say good things about story and characters. Something like "ok I like it but is just some cute stupid show ok? It doest mean I moefag I swear!"
>>
>>141106621
i never thought of it like that before. thats good shit.
>>
>>141103830
>Watching a show expecting that surpass other shows you watched before.

You should drop it and stop watching anime. And no I am not insulting you but what you are doing is terrible for you. Who knows how many shows you missed the chance to enjoy because you keep comparing them with previous shows and measure them with have specific rules in your head.
>>
>>141106856
OP here, I agree with that after watching a few episodes. I was too fast to criticize and compare. Now I've relaxed a bit and is an enjoyable show.
I drop a show generally when my gut feeling tells me it is wrong to continue, and so far this one passes that test.
>>
>>141106574
If you don't love Yui by the end of episode 4 then you're dead to me.
>>
File: 1459115867399-a.png (331 KB, 730x530) Image search: [Google]
1459115867399-a.png
331 KB, 730x530
>>141103830
>no floor tom

Jesus Christ.
>>
You know, for all the shit that K-ON got, I'm kind of glad people are still talking about it almost ten years since it first came out.

Goes to show K-ON is a true classic.
>>
>>141107254
you can see the floor tom in the OP. Not an error.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.