[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wonder what Madhouse gonna do for their next show >Check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 1462382989558.jpg (457 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462382989558.jpg
457 KB, 1920x1080
>Wonder what Madhouse gonna do for their next show
>Check it out
>It's another LN shit

How do we kill the LN industry?
>>
>>141094246
>needs pictures to read
pleb
>>
>>141094325
Off the top of my head, I think of Persona X Detective, Jorge Joestar and Final Fantasy X-2.5 when I think of Light Novels. Have I just not heard of good light novels or are they all in that ballpark of quality?
>>
>>141094325
Yeah because LN don't have pictures every 30 pages huh?

Read a real book before you laugh about others needing images.
>>
I'm kind of hyped for the DR3 anime
>>
>>141094725
I want to be too, but the first one was just so bad
>>
>>141094246
Madhouse's manga adaptations aren't any better, generally. Stop pretending that LNs have somehow killed the industry.
>>
>>141094246
Alderamin is literally the best source material Madhouse has had in years, fuck off.
>>
>The best TV shows and movies are adaptation of novels/books
>Same for Anime except its light novels
We don't, it's better this way, take capeshit movies as an example, adaptations based on comics/manga is shit tier
>>
>>141094246
Alderamin is pretty good actually but I still don't know why they put their shoujo team on this.
>>
File: 393.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
393.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>141094852
They are garbage kiddy shit no one gives a fuck about but nipland with their shit taste.
>>141094904
>>141095070
>>141095082
>LN's
>Good

Yeah Mahouka, Overlord and NGNL were fantastic phenomenal pieces of work right?
>>
>>141095368
>They are garbage kiddy shit no one gives a fuck about but nipland with their shit taste.
Holy shit, that entitlement. Kill yourself.
>>
>>141094724
I don't see how 10 pictures on 200 pages are gonna change the way you write/read something much. If anything the way it's published and its audience plays a role.

>>141094480
What are Drrr and Baccano?
>>
>>141095415
It's a fact.

LN's are babby tier books even Jump teenagers wouldn't even read
>>
>>141095415
>entitlement
That's not how you use that word, babby.
>>
>>141095685
>no one gives a fuck about but nipland with their shit taste.
>boo no one makes great contents for people with genuinely good taste such as myself
>>
>>141095519
It does.

Because of those images added you can tell the whole LN medium is catered to little kids since they struggle imagining what characters look like thus the writing would be simple for them too.
>>
How about the manga industry that shits out multiple cute girls doing cute things slice of life with the same characters and plot every cour?
>>
>>141095070
Capeshit movies are fucking great. The Winter Soldier and the Raimi Spider-man movies were GOAT. On the contrary adaptations of novels usually suck because people have no idea how to translate text into a visual medium. Look at how Joker Game, an adaptation of a real novel, is utter garbage.
>>
>>141094246
It's not even general LNs that are at fault. It's the type of modern LN that keeps riding the Oreimo/Mahouka bullshit
>has a long shitty title
>memetic as fuck
>self-insert protagonist
>references out the ass
>special/magical academy

There are good LNs who have a potential as an adaption but they're all buried under the above mentioned shit.
>>
LNs are not a genre, just like books are not a genre.

Not every LN is as shitty as SAO, and not every book is as shitty as Twilight/Fifty Shades/pick any other trite piece of pandering garbage.
>>
>>141094246
>Bitches about LNs
>Posts a danganronpa image

oh
>>
>>141094246
It'll be better than both Danganronpa anime.
>>
>>141096044
Every LN is written for little kids.
>>
>>141096136
Every anime too.
>>
>>141096136
Every book is written for little kids.
>>
>>141096136
Not for big and strong men like myself, right?
>>
>>141096162
True since they have to tone down shit and all but the source material depends if its not a LN.

>>141096165
>I don't read nothing

You can't seriously deny that LN is literally books for kids right?
>>
>>141096162
Anime about young girls having fun are usually aimed at audiences older than 20.
>>
>>141096217
Manga is for little kids too. It's literally cartoons, only kids read and watch that shit.
Real men watch grown up entertainment, like football and politics, nerd.
>>
>>141095793
That's not what Anon suggested.

He rightly posed that LNs are garbage and nobody but Nips give a shit about em.

Besides, I'm guessing he's fine with other non-LNshit works that have been produced instead of guzzling the shit you're content with.

Nowhere did he claim that there was necessity for "quality" deep and mature works to be made to tailor to his deep and mature tastes.

In short, you're a fucking retard that's getting overly defensive about one of the LCDs of entertainment because deep down you know it's a godawful medium that acts as a platform for the very worst of "writing", but thanks to your pride you can't admit you shame.
>>
>>141096217
Sure I can.
>>
>>141096275
>I'm guessing he's fine with other non-LNshit works
Shit taste of him then. Anime is shit and badly written in general and you're delusional if you think otherwise.
>>
>>141094246
We don't kill it, we save it by supporting good LNs like Re:Zero.
>>
>>141096057
That truly would be despair-inducing if it actually manages to do so.
>>
>>141096240
They are essentially My Little Pony contentwise. But I suppose the status of bronies of /a/ are already taken by Aikatsu/Precurefags.
>>
>>141096272
Politics is kids material, it doesn't take much effort to scream "le wall."
>>
>>141096275
>He rightly posed that LNs are garbage
On what is this consensus based anyway?
>nobody but Nips give a shit about em
Because there's still not enough official editors for LNs in the US/France/Europe.
>Nowhere did he claim
Yes, that's what he implied.
>guzzling the shit you're content with
>thanks to your pride you can't admit you shame
But anon, I don't even read LNs.
>>
>>141096455
You have to go back.
>>
>>141096272
Manga is usually for kids and teenagers with some rare times stuff for adults.

LN's are literally written for kids while everyone else who isn't some kid/manchild would just read actual novels in nipland that aren't "light" for them.
>>
>>141096544
>rare stuff for adults
>cartoons and comics
Nice try.
>>
>>141096335
On the whole, most entertainment works are shit.
LNs just cater to the bottom rung of people.

>>141096495
>On what is this consensus based anyway?
You need consensus to identify bad writing? How do you even make decisions if consensus is that important? Consensus is a distraction.
>Because there's still not enough official editors for LNs in the US/France/Europe.
Because there isn't a market.
>Yes, that's what he implied.
No, that's what you think he implied. It may even be what he believes, but the words in his post are not conclusive enough to divine such an intent.
>But anon, I don't even read LNs.
You watch their adaptions, with a smile on your face. Distilled shit is still shit, pal.
>>
>>141096544
Actual novels are shit like Joker Game which is still shit. Notice how anime adaptations of novels aren't any better and are in fact usually worse than anime adaptations of other things.
>>
>>141096646
Well if you're generalizing you need a consensus. You can't just call everything shit and say it's because you think it's shit.
>>
>>141096544
Your double standard on LNs and SoL manga is so delusional that I can't help but think that you're either completely unaware of what you're saying or are a troll.
>>
File: Dr3teaser.jpg (183 KB, 650x868) Image search: [Google]
Dr3teaser.jpg
183 KB, 650x868
>>141094725
Glad I'm not gonna be the only one watching it, I love this series and unbelievable amount, and the thought of the newest two anime has been making me drool since its announcement. I pray it won't be shit, but I'll probably love it regardless because I'm a blind fanboy.

The real question is what the air dates for Zetsubou-hen and Mirai-hen will be. Will they be on separate days, or the same day? Will there be two threads a week for newest episodes or one master thread? I can't say much about Mirai-hen, but seeing the characters from SDR2 descend into becoming the Ultimate Despairs better be off the fucking walls nuts or else it won't feel as big. Plus, its probably going to be our only firsthand look into what school life was like at Kibougame Gakuen, so I pray Lerche does it well.
>>
>>141096765
>but seeing the characters from SDR2
Wait, they're gonna show up in DR3?
>>
>>141096727
>Your double standard on LNs and SoL manga

Where did i even mention only Sol manga?

I even said there's manga for kids and shit so what are you on about?

Either way end of the day manga is much much more diverse to the audience it caters to unlike LN which have to be written "light" for kids.
>>
>>141094246
Quality thread.
>>
>>141096815
Light only means that they don't use bizarrely obscure kanji to make themselves seem better than they actually are. It doesn't say anything about storytelling quality.
>>
>>141094769
This is anime original though, the first was bad because of rushed investigations and no Free Time. Here, they'll be relying completely on the screentime the anime has for the character. Even if the new cast ends up being shit, the Despair half is almost certain to be pretty fucking good.
>>
>>141096765
But the creator said he wasn't gonna use SDR2 characters.
>>
>>141096812
>>141096930
So theres actually gonna be two anime, Mirai-hen from the first image, detailing the Future Foundation and the characters from DR1 in apparently another killing game hosted by Monokuma, but they're being really tight lipped about everything, so besides the characters names and talents thats all I got.

What they did reveal recently, however, is that there will actually be a second anime airing simultaneously during the Summer Season titled Zetsubou-hen (this image), detailing the characters from SDR2 transforming into the Ultimate Despairs like they were told to be in the ending of the second game. Twice the despair every week it seems.

Also, the anime is called Danganronpa 3, the next game is called Danganronpa V3 and is allegedly completely different. Its stupid, but it is what it is.
>>
>>141096646
>You need consensus
Yes, I need a consensus. You guys are saying the whole medium is shit, explain yourselves.
>Because there isn't a market.
That's because we aren't exposed enough to LNs. But it's maybe time for you to worry because Crunchyroll's partnership with Kadokawa will probably solve this and produce more and more LN adaptations you hate so much.
>You watch their adaptions, with a smile on your face.
To be honest, the only LN adaptation I picked up this season is Re:Zero and I dropped it on episode 3.
>>
>>141096812
>>141096930
Keep up with the news. DR3 anime will have 2 new episodes every week - one is a sequel to DR2 with Naegi/Kirigiri/Asahina as MCs, the other is a prequel that shows DR2 cast's past.
>>
>>141096944
>>141096978
>2 Danganronpa anime
>airing at the same time
Ok I'm hyped.
>>
>>141096718
>Well if you're generalizing
I'm not. LNs are shit. This can be compared to preexisting standards of literarture.
>>141096955
See above.
>That's because we aren't exposed enough to LNs. But it's maybe time for you to worry because Crunchyroll's partnership with Kadokawa will probably solve this and produce more and more LN adaptations you hate so much.
I can't say I'm excited.
>To be honest, the only LN adaptation I picked up this season is Re:Zero and I dropped it on episode 3.
Good on you. I apologize for my assumption.
>>
File: 1449696059630.png (522 KB, 680x803) Image search: [Google]
1449696059630.png
522 KB, 680x803
>>141094325
>he thinks the problem with light novels is that they're mostly words

the problem with LNs is that they're mostly shit
>>
Well desu i have never liked the LN's madhouse picked so they are honestly better off without it but at the same time sadly it's the same LN anime that make them the most money these days.

What can you do?
>>
>>141094725
After that shit of a second game?
>>
>>141097063
Want to give actual proof of your claims, or are you just going to bullshit freely?
>>
>>141097038
>I'm not
>generalizes right after
Great argument.
>>
>>141097145
Overlord.
>>
File: ayase.jpg (139 KB, 759x1021) Image search: [Google]
ayase.jpg
139 KB, 759x1021
What is it about anime/manga/LN etc which attract the most obnoxious self-entitled people?

You must entertain ME and ME only!

Only MY preferences, tastes, and wants must be catered to!

It's absurd that the market should cater to others or even be filled with thing I disapprove of!

If you don't like it either enter the industry yourself and make a difference or find another hobby.
>>
>>141096944
Now I'm fucking hyped. I was bummed out earlier because no SDR2 characters would show up.
>>
>>141097212
>Overlord.
Was the best-selling LN adaptation of last year, but not even in the top ten selling TV anime overall. This "LNs are the main moneymakers nowadays" bullshit needs to stop.
>>
>>141097218
Shh, we just want a shitposting thread.
>>
>>141097218
Best part of Guilty Crown after the premise.
>>
>>141097283
Second-best, fuck. I was thinking of new adaptations and forgot Monogatari.
>>
>>141097145
Overlord, NGNL and Mahouka all selling over 10k.

If you aren't some newfag you would have know by lurking the occasion volume sale threads
>>
>>141097283
I was talking about Madhouse in particular. LNs are being adapted because they make money for the publishers regardless of how much the BDs sell, you're never getting rid of it and the amount of LN adaptations will only increase.
>>
>>141097333
>non newfags
>lurking sales threads
Not even him, but this is some real bullshit.
>>
>>141097283
Madhouse anime that aren't LN nowadays don't usually sell well.

Their best one was Death Note but that's expected considering how much of an impact it made.
>>
>>141097333
>Lurking sales thread
Why would anyone do that to themselves? Just use one of the countless japanese sales tracking websites.
>>
>>141097372
>baaawww I can't read sales charts

t. newfag
>>
>>141097145
Well just type ctrl F madhouse and you'll see it.
http://www.someanithing.com/1
>>
>>141097218
I am the most important person to myself so i deserve to be catered to.

Fuck everyone else.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.