[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Ball Super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: what.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
What the hell? How come everything so far is just rip offs?

The 12 universe tournament is literally dragon ball multiverse

The super dragon is literally blue eyes white dragon

Momoka is literally mr. satan 2.0
>>
A series revival that barely boils down to more than a poorly produced cash grab?
And you expected what? It to be good?
>>
>>141070180
>Momoka is literally mr. satan 2.0

So he's a walking fraud, after all?
>>
>>141070471
Yes. It's even lampshaded when Mr. Satan goes to Momoka and asks him to be his mascot
>>
>>141070180
>NEW SERIES GUISE NEW DB PLOTS
>but first a recap and a rehashed villain
>OK NOW PLOTS
>but first a tournament that doesn't progress the story with shitty animation and art
>OK BUT NOW THE PLO-
>new tournament

they have no idea on how to continue the story do they?
>>
>>141071731
Nope
>>
>>141070180
Are you forgetting how the original series ripped itself off constantly?
>>
Daily reminder that this tournament only made it worse for Universe 6

>with his cover blown, Frost discarded all pretense and went full tyranny
>Champa couldn't care less as long as his Earth was untouched
>no "justice" as the Saiyan would be on Frost's hit list
>>
>>141071871
>no "justice" as the Saiyan would be on Frost's hit list

Cabba goes back to Sadal and spreads the Super Saiyan gospel.
>>
File: 1445402481684.jpg (85 KB, 624x476) Image search: [Google]
1445402481684.jpg
85 KB, 624x476
oh look another dbs is shit thread. how original
>>
>>141070180
Its a cashgrab. They are gonna play it safe throughout the entire series. No new main characters, no character development, Rehashes of old plot beats that worked.
>>
>>141071731
When the entire story has been the same plot rehashed multiple times, did you really think this was going to go anywhere? You're gonna get your multi-colored Saiyans and you're gonna enjoy it.
>>
>>141070180
You're absolutely right, its too bad the superfags are tucked in and cant shitpost
>>
>>141070180
But universe 6 is the only twin universe of 7. How can it be a multiverse ripoff? None of the other universes will have similar shit to them.
>>
>>141070180
Its another universe. Super stopped being canon after they fucked up the ending with uub.
>>
>>141073123
>fucked up the ending with uub.
u wot
>>
>>141073035
it doesn't have to follow the same plot, it uses the same concept.

The base story (multiple universes, tournament between them) is the same.
>>
>>141073667
Dragon Ball Multiverse is literally using the same concept as the Cell arc
instead of 4 timelines, and people fighting from each of them (well, technically 3) we have 18 so it can be proper tournament.
Does everyone forget that the first arc (unless you count the saiyan arc as it's own arc) is literally the only arc in DBZ without a tournament?
Hell, there's only one or two other arcs in all of Dragon Ball that doesn't have a tournament.
>>
>>141073123

Not only does Super take place long before the Z epilogue, but Super has actually acknowledged that Uub has been born, but is too young for them to bother seeking out yet.
>>
>>141074379
Source? What do they say exactly?
>>
>>141074417
It was in the episode where they were talking about who they were going to bring to the tournament.

There was a flashback with Goku recalling how he beat Buu and making the wish that he would be reborn without his malice, but said he was just born recently so they couldn't bring him to fight.

Any basic amount of research could have told you that Super takes place before the epilogue.
>>
>>141070180
just came here to say this bc u fags think nipple man and goku fight next episode

well they do, expect its a dream
>>
>start eating icecream popsicle
>realize I haven't decided what to watch yet
>quickly choose to catch up on dragon ball super
>begin downloading episode 41
>ice cream is melting
>download finished
>listen to the intro while licking ice cream
>realize I haven't seen episode 40 yet
>fuck
>ice cream is really melting now
>begin download
>chunks of icecream streaming down my arm
>download finished
>ice cream is just a puddle
>entire night ruined
>>
>Frost in the anime is just another generic bad guy
>Frost in the manga gets his shit pushed in without any effort and treated like a coward for cheating
>Botamo was pointless
>Cabba was pointless
>Magetta lost from hurt feelings
>Monoka is just Hercule
>Hit is the only one who brings anything to the table
Wow, I remember once thinking Super might possibly be interesting, to at least see the different universe warriors go toe to toe with Goku's team, but I guess it's all complete and utter pointless bullshit.
>>
>>141074730
This is not your fucking blog.

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1451428432993.jpg (638 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451428432993.jpg
638 KB, 1440x1080
>>141074730
Thanks Toriyama.
>>
>>141071731

We were already expecting this the minute they reprised the movies all over. Don't act all surprised.

>My face when I don't want to go through the trouble of taking DBS seriously, because the minute the tone changes to a more serious one, the light-hearted tone just throws the whole thing off

It may be just me, but even the original DB was more fucking serious than this shit.
>>
why does goku sound like a little bitch
>>
File: 1460680738253.jpg (336 KB, 452x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460680738253.jpg
336 KB, 452x1200
>>141071946
I WONDER what it could POSSIBLY MEAN.

HMMMM...
>>
>>141073035
This OP is retarded.
>Momoka is literally mr. satan 2.0
Is his only good point.
>>
>>141071731
>they have no idea on how to continue the story do they?

>>141070180
>The 12 universe tournament is literally dragon ball multiverse

The 12 universes tournament doesn't sound like it's going to be the next arc.
>>
File: 1450284605922.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450284605922.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>141070180
>The super dragon is literally blue eyes white dragon
>>
>>141076610
Everything prior to the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai was fairly light hearted, 22nd TB was only serious because of Tenshinhan.
Piccolo Daimao is perhaps the darkest saga in the entirety of Dragonball. 23rd TB focussed more on fighting, with Ma-Junior being the only serious thing about it (Tao Pai Pai is a joke).
>>
>Zalama is a Dragon God (龍神/Ryuu-jin). He formed the Super Dragon Balls in the forty-first year of the Divine Calendar. He made them to be the size of planets, about 37,196 kilometers in size. A year later, he patented technology that made star marks on Super Dragon Balls look the same from every angle.

wow, that sounds really convenient for the animation department!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.