[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Namek considered the best part of DBZ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 234523423423.jpg (181 KB, 960x738) Image search: [Google]
234523423423.jpg
181 KB, 960x738
Why is Namek considered the best part of DBZ?
>>
It seemed rather conclusive. I mean what better way to end a series than the final hunt for Dragonballs?
>>
super saiyan
I'll blow your planet up
villain who kills
everyone still relevant sort of
major power spike but still makes some kind of sense
frieza is calm and not a caricature
decent animation

I mean everything was right, and everything since then has been a rehash
>>
>>141061476
Because is the least shitty
>>
File: 1166161-ginyu_force.jpg (55 KB, 550x406) Image search: [Google]
1166161-ginyu_force.jpg
55 KB, 550x406
>>141061476
One reason.
>>
>>141061577
Dont forget Gohan Krillin and Vegeta hiding and outsmarting their enemies until Ginyu Force arrived.
>>
>>141061577
Add that Vegeta joins the cause but still having his own agenda
>>
FIVE MINUTES
>>
>>141061476

Didn't take place on Earth.
>>
>>141061476
Because it's where the series was supposed to end, and it sure feels like it.

>Final grand hunt for 'original Dragon Balls'
>The legend of the Super Saiyan finally came to reality
>Enemies/opponents are decent without asspulls (Cell's asspulls, Buu's asspulls, etc.)
>Freeza is fucking badass, not a tantrum throwing faggot.
>Villain who is the strongest in the universe is kill
>Power hasn't exploded to the point of 90% of characters being useless.
>Vegeta isn't a total dick anymore.
>>
>>141065609
neateroni memeroni there palio : ^ )
>>
>>141065775
The series was supposed to end long before Namek, friendo.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/
>>
>>141061577
>decent animation
It follows the old Toei formula of "good quality episode, shit quality episode, decent quality episode."
For more, see: Hokuto no Ken
>>
>>141065903
Thanks for the linky-poo, what I got from it was:

>Possible Ending #N
and:

"Toriyama was originally going to end the series after Freeza. Goku would actually succeed in killing Freeza, then die in Planet Namek’s explosion. However, Dragon Ball was so popular by then that Toriyama’s editors forced him to continue, so he hastily brought Goku and Freeza back to life and began the Cell storyline."
>>
>>141065943
What I also got was that I am retarded and missed the whole "fan speculation" before that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.