[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best first episodes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11
ITT: Best anime episodes anons can think of. The anime itself doesn't have to hold up the entire time but first episode has to be exceptionally good.
My pick is Psycho pass. It did everything right for a first episode.
>>
>>141048845
You first
>>
>>141048845
Too bad it dragged too much for the rest of the show
>>
Superior Urobuchi first episode.
>>
>>141049012
Being the best episode among shitty ones isn't much of an accomplishment
>>
File: GOLD MAYMAY FACE.png (860 KB, 588x569) Image search: [Google]
GOLD MAYMAY FACE.png
860 KB, 588x569
>>141049012
>season 2 never ever
>>
>>141048845
For all the shit No Game No Life gets,
The Episode where Shiro finds herself alone by herself, I think it was episode 6.
That was pretty amazing for an anime that was pretty generic.
>>
Shigofumi
>>
File: 1618.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1618.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
It was all downhill after.
>>
ergo proxy
>>
As crap as SAO turned out to be, it did have one of the best first episodes I've watched, I was very hyped about it at the time....how wrong I was to be.
>>
File: Gundam Seed 1.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Seed 1.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>141048845
Gundam Seed
"Anna ni issho datta no ni" started
and DAT STRIKE rise in the flame sea
>>
Cowboy Bebops was actually good. Set the tone well for the series and introduced Spike and Jet. Spike fighting the guy in the street was pretty awesome.
>>
File: rintohsaka.jpg (451 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rintohsaka.jpg
451 KB, 1920x1080
>>141048845
UBW "episode 0" was pretty much flawless, even if the rest of the adaptation fell apart.
>>
>>141051907
Was gonna post this. It didn't really fall apart as an adaptation though, the later parts just don't work that well on a weekly TV format. Marathoning it is still pretty good.
>>
>>141048845

Hyouka, I wanted a comfy anime to watch at night but I never imagined it would work better and faster than a sleeping pill.
>>
I loved Space Dandy's first episode but never watched past it because I was told it didn't really live up to the first episode.
>>
>>141051907
Dragged on too much. should have been 4 40 minute episodes, could have been perfect.
>>
>>141051903
First few eps of bebop are nope
>>
Owarimonogatari had such a good first episode, sadly the rest of the series wasn't as good.

>>141052063
It has a few episodes better than the first one, but the one everyone would agree to be the best was the limbo one (S2EP8) and you don't need to watch anything to be able to enjoy it.
>>
>>141048845
Erased
Barakamon
ZnT
Yu Yu Hakusho

All had really memorable 1st episodes.
>>
File: dandy daze.png (236 KB, 656x368) Image search: [Google]
dandy daze.png
236 KB, 656x368
>>141052063
It might have been because it didn't have too many cute prepubescent girls doing cute prepubescent things in it, and /a/ is only concerned with that. Even though it has an episode of nothing but that later in S1.
But in my opinion the first episode was just as good as the rest. It's not as action packed the entire time but it has some very interesting places and stories in it. Maybe a budget cut argument can be made, but other than that it's the same.
You've missed out on a lot because of a bunch of /a/utists. If you liked the first one, you should give the rest a go too.
>>
Gargantia had a hella sweet first episode. Too bad it turned into SoL garbage afterwards.
>>
File: Rokka_no_sales.jpg (293 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Rokka_no_sales.jpg
293 KB, 1600x900
It's like they blew the entire budget and ran on fumes for 11 episodes.
>>
>>141049317
>first episodes

And you wonder why NGNL gets shit? It's cause of people like you.
>>
File: Kill-la-Kill-Ira-Gamagōri.png (971 KB, 951x532) Image search: [Google]
Kill-la-Kill-Ira-Gamagōri.png
971 KB, 951x532
This motherfucker sold me in the first five goddamn minutes.
>>
>>141048845
That Durarara episode where Japanese moot gathers his personal army. Shit was hype as fuck
>>
Cross Game ep 1.
Kure-nai ep 6
RahXephon ep 19
Eureka Seven 26
Nodame Cantabile ep 12
Simoun ep 18
HxH 2011 115
>>
>>141052621
I actually really liked the series as a whole
>>
>>141051907
This. Nasu should write SoL (and PA Works should adapt it).
>>
I still think SAO episode 1 showed emense potential. At least until 7000 clones that have come out since then.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.