[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay no. Hold up a fucking second. Let's just address the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: MMD pre-alpha.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MMD pre-alpha.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Okay no.
Hold up a fucking second.
Let's just address the elephant in the room really quick.

Am I seriously the only one who thinks that this CG bogus is mind fucking boggling?
This shit looks so atrocious it makes me want to puke, since when is this fucking okay?

CG backgrounds are fine because they serve their purpose and they don't interrupt the motion, they're there for a fucking reason.

But can we please for the love of Christ and all that is holy just STOP PUTTING ANIMATED CG OBJECTS IN THE PICTURE?

I can't even.
>>
>>141040859
understand how much money it saves
>>
It's much cheaper, and you picked a bad example because the CG in this isn't nearly as grating or awful as the worst offenders.

They won't stop. If anything, anime will get more and more CG until they're 100% CG like Ajin and Sidonia.
>>
u dont understand subaru's suffering
>>
>>141040969
>>141041056
But I don't understand the need for putting so many so badly rigged and simple cel shaded disgusting models in MOTION in 1 shot.

It's entirely unnecessary here.
Sure busy / bustling town shots like that look beautiful in hand drawn works like some of the ghibly movies.

But here it just looks so bizzare and out of place, it's like acid in your eyes.

You can just omit it rather than making it worse?
I just don't get this excessive use of such garbage CG in this particular OPENING fucking shot to the show.

Anime will be seriously dead if this becomes the norm.
>>
>>141041175
it's a generic garbage show

it's literally the pushing ground for new cgi elements
>>
>>141041056
CG is only technically cheaper if you aren't making new assets all the time in CG.

If they plan on re-using those same models for lots of things, then yeah, they possibly save a lot.

If they keep making new CG assets though, there's no way it'd be cheaper to produce.
>>
It looks shitty once you focus on it, but if you made some eye-tracking study on stuff like this the vast majority of people will only look at the protagonist and hardly realize the CG looking shit in the background. In fact I think the OP webm only really becomes a problem at 13 seconds in when the CG characters are right there in the middle of the shot, and you are forced to pay attention to it.
>>
>>141040859
Money

You don't think they actually care about how it looks, do you?
>>
Eh, its not as bad as the absolute worst. It is noticeable if you look at it though, hint forcing to focus on bad detail always makes it stand out
>>
>>141041484
>>141041420
I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you but that is the first thing I noticed.
I had to pause this first minute in just to make sure that this is really happening and I'm still watching the same show.

it's extremely jarring, like someone forced MMD models in the show and jammed in some really shitty rig to just go with it
>>
>>141041571
We don't sweat the tiny details anon. I guess the "problem" is that we aren't aspies.
>>
>>141041484
It's about as bad as it could get, literally looks like a shitty mmo from 2006
>>
>>141041641
But it's like 70% of the screen.
How can you only focus on 1 thing right in front of you?
That sounds some extreme tunnel vision case.
I don't even have any issues and it bothers me, aspie would get a heart attack from this.
>>
>>141041641
It's literally "flowed out of a sewer" level gross.
Dude.
>>
>>141041641
Not him,but he's right
It's fucking horrible,you guys are content with every anime you get to watch
No,this isn't right,it's hideous
>>
>>141041641
>tiny details
>>
It's stylistic.
>>
>>141041694
>But it's like 70% of the screen.

Don't lie anon.
>>
>>141041739
I don't really take the opinion of somebody who can't even be bothered to use basic grammar seriously. They may as well be children.
>>
It's a shit show. Go figure it has shit production values.
>>
>>141041694
>I don't even have any issues

Its bad to lie.
>>
>>141041897
ESL here
sorry i guess
>>
>>141041402
>CG is only technically cheaper if you aren't making new assets all the time in CG.

Which makes it perfect for putting extras into city scenes since they're not supposed to be the focal point. The comparative cost of CG extras that are actually animated and hand drawn ones that are actually animated (as opposed to the more typical still pans and the like) is pretty significant.
>>
>>141041402
I'm aware, that's why I said it'll eventually get to the point where anime is fully or mostly CG. It won't be any time soon, but as CG gets cheaper to produce then traditional animation will go the wayside. It probably won't be for a decade or so, but I'd be surprised if we don't see a steady increase of CGI shows over the next few years.

>>141041175
In the case of re:zero, they clearly wanted to show that the city was densely populated and with non-humans. While i do prefer hand-drawn animation to CG in basically every instance, it's pretty obvious why they opted for it here. They wanted to show the liveliness of the city but couldn't be bothered to draw the pedestrians; the changing camera angles and reuse of this particular setpiece means they can use those models dozens of times in the first few episodes without having to redraw them at all, and it can still convey the atmosphere they wanted for the market and square. It can't be helped.
>>
>>141041694
First of all, the focus point is almost exclusively in Subaru in basically every shot of that webm. The one time where he isn't the focus, sure, you can quite easily notice that the background characters are CG, but the second time (where it zooms out) it has a hand-drawn cart which obscures things.
It's noticeable, but it's a relatively short scene and the CG is never the focal point of any of the shots. It isn't like it's being thrown in your face, or like a vehicle randomly appearing and being CG and being the center of the action. It is quite obviously done in such a way that most viewers will focus on the hand drawn bits and their peripherals will catch what's going on in the background.
I don't mean to defend CG, but there is far, far worse in anime, and even things of similar quality to this are often done in a poor way. You'd have a better case complaining about the general animation quality, or if the fight scenes suddenly switched to 3D models.
>>
>>141041420
Thats only true if the protagonist is doing something. When the intention of the shot is to show off how weird this new place the MC is in then of xourse you notice it.
>>
I still remember Kingdom S1, now THAT was terribad CGI. This is pretty light.
>>
>>141043141
I figured that's what they'd do. The problem then is going to be how many of these background models they've ended up making and how often you're going to see them. I'm going to assume they made them all for the long haul so we'll be seeing them a lot and it looked like there's a decent number of them as well, at least.
>>
>>141040859
I did not even notice them when watching the show

Am i just not autistic enough?
>>
>>141043536
More like the opposite.
How autistic are you that you didn't even notice it?
>>
>>141043262
>First of all, the focus point is almost exclusively in Subaru in basically every shot of that webm
Okay it's time to stop. You're delusional beyond repair.
>>
>>141044292
>autism is just my go to insult word
>>
>>141044292
https://youtu.be/v-rj0-KbUfY?t=4m17s
>>
>>141044444
checked
>>
>>141044444
Okay you made me watch it and it was pretty interesting.
Let me paraphrase it for you my autistic friend.
>the study shown that there is no difference in children tested on the specific area of gaze
>however children with autism seem to be fixated on the screen for a fewer amount of time
So you have literally 0 points in this argument and dare to shove a video to show off how dumb you are?
Enjoy your tunnel vision, being unable to analyze the entirety of the screen and be fixed only on what's right in front of you.
>>
>>141040859
The alternative is a bunch of badly drawn single frames of extra characters.

The problem with developing anime is time. In a perfect world where studios have all the time they need, this wouldn't need CG. But 90% of all studios work on rigid schedules where that's not possible, so it's not happening.
>>
>>141040969
>please understand
kek
>>
>>141041420
I notice it without focusing on it.
>>
I just imagine it's because it's a game. That's basically what it feels like, with a bunch of soulless models walking everywhere.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.