[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you like anime to be 1 hour per episode like live acti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 120.png (122 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
120.png
122 KB, 540x304
Would you like anime to be 1 hour per episode like live action series?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10115088
>>
wat
Kamen rider and Sentai are also 30 minute per episode
>>
>>141017170
Or anime to have longer minutes per episode.
>>
>>141016945
Only if they had larger budgets, but that's not happening. And that would work only for certain shows.
>>
My attention span isn't that long.
>>
>>141016945
I'd like live-action shows to have shorter episodes. That'd make them more focussed and less boring and it'd force the directors to think about the best way to get the plot / message across.
>>
>>141017666
This
>>
Nah, everything is perfect as it is. More episodes wouldn't hurt though.
>>
I can barely keep up with 20 mins.

This is why i just read manga.
>>
Would be interesting to see what they could do with more time. Sometimes it's really noticeable that they had to adapt too much to the strict 24m format. In episodic anime, it means trimming off until it fits in neatly, which you mostly notice when comparing to source material. With non-episodic anime, you sometimes get these really annoying episodes with 18 minutes of exposition and a cliffhanger right at the end, which just feels boring and ends in frustration, but is necessary if they have a lot of exposition to do but want to end on a more interesting note to keep you watching. Most recent example I can think of is 3rd episode of Kabaneri, but it happens all the fucking time in all kinds of shows but isn't really an issue in longer productions like movies.
>>
>CTRL+F "Katanagatari"
>0 results

You people are why anime is dying.
>>
You would kill all the animators.
>>
File: 1361492596467.gif (930 KB, 396x279) Image search: [Google]
1361492596467.gif
930 KB, 396x279
Yeah sure, cause an increase in QUALITY is always welcome.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.