[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I just want to see normal but skilled humans take on a overwhelming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 18
>I just want to see normal but skilled humans take on a overwhelming enemy without being half that very same enemy

I'm afraid Japan will never be able to deliver this /a/.

Also, dropped.
>>
No, Ikoma. You are the vampires.
>>
>>141015538
Read Berserk.
>>
>>141015538
This is why I didn't like Attack On Titan, the whole turning into Titans thing ruined it.

Would Gate Count?
>>141015786
Oh just you wait, someone will use that behelit all right.
>>
>>141015538
But that would be too unrealistic, OP.
>>
>>141015538
They just take Nietzsche too literally
>Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird
>>
>>141017417
There is no such thing as a literal "monster".
>>
>>141015786
344 WHEN
>>
File: 10.jpg (137 KB, 750x1116) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
137 KB, 750x1116
>>141015538
Not being ironic at all but Bandou from Elfen Lied's manga is best for you
If anything his cyborg bits make him weaker, with poorer eyesight and the fact his right arm fucking breaks every time he shoots his deagle with it.
>>
>>141015538
Didn't you make this thread not too long ago faggot? Stop trying to see if anyone else shares your opinions.
>>
This shitty doesn't work.

You can also fuck up pure skill with awful plot armor (read: Kirito's shut-in programming/MMO skills + cheating real death for no reason) and that's what pure skill will devolve into; just at a slower pace than SAO.
>>
>>141020793
bait*
>>
>>141020793
I could see this working if the skill was more related to advancement of warfare. Like, humanity is on the brink of extinction because enemy X is to strong to kill. The series focus not on the battlefield aspect but on the development of nem weapons that could be used to even the odds.
>>
>>141015538
>>I just want to see normal but skilled humans take on a overwhelming enemy without being half that very same enemy

Go back to /tv/ then if you want that stuff.
>>
>>141015538
Would you rather him being able to miraculously dodge every single attack by the kabane for the entire series so he never gets infected?
>>
>premise is that MC has no powers
>MC gets powers

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>141022112
The premise was that you CAN'T be a hero without a power, just like Attack on Titan's premise was that humanity was fucked if they fought titans with what they had.
>>
>>141015538
http://desustorage.org/a/search/image/A4iuQuPfRR1WssL_nIbiPA/
Sudoku.
>>
I still don't get the wardrobe.
If Ikoma can go full Wolverine every time he takes a nap, why is he still walking around with that steel girder stapled through his subscapularis?
>>
>>141015538
Why do you keep making the same thread like everyday?I mean it's quality shit posting mate.
>>
>>141015538
Rokka No Yuusha had Adlet fighting Saints and Demons.

Actually everything in Rokka can curbstomp Adlet if he isn't smart.
>>
File: 123053425686.jpg (284 KB, 1479x1100) Image search: [Google]
123053425686.jpg
284 KB, 1479x1100
>>141025342
>it sold 600 copies
>>
>>141015538
>I just want to see normal but skilled humans take on a overwhelming enemy without being half that very same enemy

but thats very mary sue, people will still complain about it.
>>
File: ep 23 Battle at Jade Palace.webm (3 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
ep 23 Battle at Jade Palace.webm
3 MB, 500x280
>>141015538
>I'm afraid Japan will never be able to deliver this /a/.

Right here.
>>
>>141025718
>>141016585

Gate has a whole host of problems on it's own.
It tries to have a realistic clash between a magic world full of kawaii humanoid races and human civilization, but then throws in shit like a female Japanese soldier using brass-knuckles to beat the shit out of a guy who had 100 lbs of muscle on her and was almost certainly trained from birth in hand-to-hand melee combat.
>>
>>141026198

Anime does this a lot; giving regular humans superhuman fighting ability that completely undercuts the worldbuilding.

A fucking random pleb footsoldier from prehistory is probably better suited to melee combat than a contemporary master because those guys trained 24/7 and were essentially slaves.
>>
>>141015538
This thread is giving me some major deja vu.
>>
>>141015538
Read Gintama
>>
>>141025718
But GATE is horribly guilty of this. Also it's fucking horrible as well.
>>
>>141026388

I would buy her being able to match up against a random pleb slave levy- those guys were malnourished and probably stunted. When you move onto the soldiers, especially in something akin to the Roman empire, it becomes incredulous.

But no. It was the well-fed ripped and towering son of the emperor. A guy who was had to have been trained out of the cradle to hold a sword and kill people.
>>
>>141026522
The worst part to me was when she used her gun and bayonet and singlehandedly killed like half a dozen professional guards. Not only is she 110 pounds soaking wet and 5' 2", but she's at most had a few months of actual hand to hand training. These guys have not only been training in melee combat their entire lives, they're way bigger than her, and actually had melee armor. That was the moment that I realized GATE was complete irredeemable garbage.
>>
>>141026587
Isn't GATE borderline propaganda?
>>
>>141026661
>borderline

Yeah, but propaganda doesn't have to be shit. The eighties Red Dawn was propaganda too, but it was still a competent action film in its own right. GATE forewent any quality in favor of SI MC and nippon stronk shit. It's a bummer too, I was even willing to give it a chance past the ridiculous scene of the Japs repelling Chinese, American and Russian spec ops teams all at the same time, but they just doubled down on it.
>>
>>141015538
>what is Muv-Luv
>>
>>141026587

It's all coming back to me now.
I was willing to be complacent with Japan somehow not being invaded by neighboring superpowers for not sharing access to an entire planets worth of natural resources, let alone other races with magical abilities (all of this having become public knowledge).

But then they have to pull this crap where they have to have modern soldiers that can somehow outmatch people from the pre-industrial era in melee combat.

And to top it all of it's none other than a pixie kickass fighting girl trope.

It was just pathetic. Even the regiment of women knights standing up to the legionaries was tolerable in comparison.
>>
>>141025342
AOTY 2015, even if it felt like the whole thing felt like a whodunnit in a forest.
>>
>>141015538
But humans are fucking lame. Even in fiction about humans doing human things they're capable of things far beyond what a normal "human" is capable of.

Guts can swing a 600 lb sword despite being "human." When people get horribly injured they're not incapacitated for life and they're capable of acrobatics that Chinese children couldn't do with their 17 years of training in their 18 year old lives.
>>
It bugged me when VOTOMS did this too. Chirico was cool as shit then they revealed him to be an overman.

At least with him, he really was that much of a badass but he did have help to escape some of the impossible situations
>>
>>141025718
>unironically watching shitty JSDF delusional fapbait
>>
>>141017417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_o33arlunY
>>
>>141026794
I like you Anon. Season 2 Never.

Spoiler: The Maijin and the Saint of Flowers needs Adlet.
>>
>>141026797

I've found I would rather see an enemy overcome by a group of people use teamwork and their wits than an individual with supernatural abilities. The latter is fun to watch the first hundred times, but it just gets a bit old and feels flashy.

Not the OP, but I'm alright with Kabaneri so far. Yes, they went with the half-monster trope, but it has stayed within the boundaries set by it's own universe, and the show's still metal.
>>
>>141026755
Damn, that's pretty much exactly how I felt. I forgave a lot of shit from GATE before I finally had enough and had to stop, and I really wanted to like the show.

If it was the girl killing ONE guard, and barely surviving it, before using her gun to start shooting people, then I could have tolerated it. But not only did she take on all those guys, she did it intentionally despite having to close the distance (thus negating the whole point of a fucking gun) and did it effortlessly. If I rolled my eyes any harder they would have fallen out of my head.
>>
>>141027000
The half monster trope is rooted in Kamen Rider, see.
>>
File: log horizon warfare strateies.jpg (3 MB, 1860x2699) Image search: [Google]
log horizon warfare strateies.jpg
3 MB, 1860x2699
>>141015538
I like when they use tactics too.

Sadly the japan is deeply ingrained with the idea of 'talent from birth' and 'knowing your place' in a society of elitism that can only perpetuate itself. So its hard they even acknowledge the hard work from their characters
>>
>>141015786

cursed armor is kind of bs tho
>>
>>141026797
>humans
>capable of infinite malice and wit
>lame

We can use each other, and kill each other in any way imaginable, and you say that because we're not herculean characters we're lame? ok
>>
>>141027029

The rigid commoner-warrior caste elitism dynamic they showed in the first episode was a really nice touch, I though.
>>
>>141027076
Correction: A human is fucking lame, a bunch of them is terrifying.

But unfortunately it's a bit hard to make a series about massive groups of humans and keep it coherent.
>>
>>141022167
the premise is unless you are born with power or it's handed to you, just give up.

fuck off, japan
>>
>>141026797
>But humans are fucking lame

Except they're not.

>Even in fiction about humans doing human things they're capable of things far beyond what a normal "human" is capable of.

Warhammer 40k is the first thing that comes to mind that negates that. The Imperial Guard are just normal humans with some gear slightly more advanced than what we have now, but they're the primary fighting force of humanity. Just because a lot of fiction does the lazy route of "he's human but he can lift mountains and shit" doesn't mean that's all there is. People just go the superpowered route because it's easier to write "MC then rekt all the enemies with his powers and also fucked his harem, the end" than thinking of actual teamwork, tactics, technologies, and inevitable casualties that a more realistic scenario would entail.
>>
Heavy object, although he takes down only three objects by himself. Hime is generally the only person to actually finish off an object but is always outclassed without Qwenthur and Havia.
>>
>>141027006

Same
>>
>>141027029
Man, it's just so fucking cheap for the characters themselves as well. Doesn't really matter even if they work hard because they still have that god-tier advantage.

It's like someone on steroids, sure they can still work hard but you know it's 90% the roids doing the work.
>>
>>141018149
There is in fantasy.
>>
>>141027150
Aren't all the warhammer nerds like 7 - 8 feet tall and the result of 40,000 years of war killing off all the weaklings?

Don't know much about the lore, but that still seems pretty special.
That being said a series that relies on tactics and the wit of the MC would be good.
>>
File: LegendoftheGalacticHeroesYang.png (723 KB, 1019x768) Image search: [Google]
LegendoftheGalacticHeroesYang.png
723 KB, 1019x768
>>141027144
>>
>>141027220
Nah, those are the special snowflake space marines that amount to like 0.001% of the total manpower.

The imperial guard is just normal humans.
>>
>>141026755
Not sure is she could actually win but people from pre industry were a lot shorter than they are now average height for a man would have been 5'6 or 5'7 instead of 5'10.
Martial arts has improved since then as well as globalization means styles could compete against each other more often and improve.
>>
>>141027029
>>141027148

The main character gained the ability to kill the enemy through the power of his own brain through his inventions without being from the warrior caste. While I think you're right about their culture relatively to our own, the show is definitely bucking against that.
>>
>>141027280
Yeah, see, that's cool.

But then he gets enhanced to be a superpowered dude that could apparently just do it with a fucking spear as a 12-year old girl shows.
>>
>>141027220
>Aren't all the warhammer nerds like 7 - 8 feet tall and the result of 40,000 years of war killing off all the weaklings?

Without boring you with tons of lore, no. Those are the Space Marines, and they are very elite warriors the result of rigorous genetic and biomechanical augmentations. As such there's only a few tens of thousands of them in the whole galaxy, and they usually only go to places that they are really needed that the Imperial Guard would be useless in or unable to go to.

The Imperial Guard on the other hand numbers in the hundreds of billions (not counting the navy and shit, as well as Planetary Defense Forces which are the standing guard for planets and don't travel like the Guard), and are completely normal humans. Their body armor and weapons are slightly better than what a modern soldier would have now, and they win battles through force of numbers and tactics. They're the first and primary defenders of humanity. They're the best part of the universe, the Space Marines are kind of boring from how OP they are.
>>
>>141026507
I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes how fucking shitty GATE is. It could have been such an interesting show if they dropped the harem shit and actually focused on the plot and wrote some half decent characters.
>>
>>141027029
Marmalade is such a bro. I remember when he came on /a/ those few times. I always caught the thread to late but he was cool as fuck for coming.

He and like 3 other LN writers do weekly pen and paper games and base some of their stories on events.

It stands to reason that their shit has the kind of love, attention and detail seen in you pic.
>>
>>141027265

Average height of a peasant who's stunted by lack of protein, yes. Less so a Roman palace guard, and especially not a member of the nobility.

People haven't gained all that height since the industrial revolution because of any kind of genetic change. It's diets.

And "martial arts" may have improved marginally since then, but martial arts hasn't changed that much since then, and the effects of martial arts training is severely limited by physical abilities.

And again, the people form back then solely focused on martial training. The modern soldiers focus primarily on shooting- melee is an afterthought.
>>
>>141027527
Too bad he got caught with his tax evasion, mm..
>>
>>141027522
>It could have been such an interesting show if they dropped the harem shit and actually focused on the plot and wrote some half decent characters.

Unfortunately, that's true for a shit ton of anime. They start in with neat concepts, then compete to see who can ruin the story fastest.
>>
>>141027564
I thought that was all squared off now. A bit of hot water but ultimately over exaggerated by /a/
>>
>>141027348

*sigh*

Yeah. I feel you bro. I was looking forward to just a steam-punk inventor hero too.
>>
>>141027348
You are retarded if you actually believe the pierce gun will be replaced by kabaneri powers, the whole point of the hybrids is using both aspects at the same time.
>>
>>141027605
Not the guy you were talking to, but this is what I really wanted from the show. Of course the expectation was dashed expertly at the end of episode one, but the show would have been 10/10 if it was about inventor hero man disseminating his kabane killing gun and humanity winning back the world one kabane corpse at a time. Instead we get "you have supar powars now". At the very leas there are some pretty strict limits put on the kabaneri, so hopefully they will still have to struggle rather than always effortlessly winning all battles.

It just became worse when you find out Mumei already had weapon capable of killing kabane, but for some reason these were never mass produced and provided to the bushi. If she already had it then why the fuck was everybody still using those shitty steam rifles that were only good for killing humans? It's completely retarded. I still like the show a lot, but the direction they took it in was probably the worst they could have picked.
>>
>>141027690
Sure, he will keep using it because why not.

But evidently it's just an apparel, if a 12-year old can pierce the hearts with just spears then he should be able to do it really easily when given one.
>>
>>141027550
Native americans used to be the tallest racial group before the rest of the world adopted their crops I don't think it was that simple.
>>
>>141027690

The piece-gun is a revolutionary invention that he stated would be mass produced. If this were achieved it could be handed out to all of the train-guards, and peasant militias could effectively fight the kabaneri's. Humanity could start taking back territory outside of their fortresses. While the kabaneri powers don't render the gun obsolete, it pulls attention away from a triumph of the inventor towards that of the commoner granted what might as well be divine powers.
>>
>>141027739
The problem isn't killing them, but killing them efficiently. The weaponry of Mumei only works for Mumei / other superguys.

Also, the 'problem' of over-taxation will probably result in battles having a pattern of:

>Easily kill zombies
>Oh no I'm about to run out of power but there still are zombies I guess this is abaj..!
>Plot twist the day is saved

That's pretty weak, yeah?
>>
>>141015538
Interview with Tetsuro Araki
http://manga.tokyo/anime-seasons/spring2016/kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress-director-interview/

TL;DR: "I absolutely didn't rip off AoT, any similarities are purely coincidental"
>>
>>141027820

I'm not arguing races are all equally tall, although diets of many tribal societies was actually better than that of densely populated agrarian ones (native Americans hunted a lot, had more meat than the average peasant farmer).

My point is that genetics don't naturally change that rapidly within the span of a few hundred years.
>>
>>141027860
It has just a "minor" flaw: you need to enter in melee range of a being who has ten times the strength of a regular human.

Meanwhile Mumei's guns can kill Kabane from afar
>>
>>141027739

>At the very leas there are some pretty strict limits put on the kabaneri, so hopefully they will still have to struggle rather than always effortlessly winning all battles

They'll probably just pull a "I'm risking turning into a kabane to squeeze the extra 10% I need to win this battle" deal, but yeah.

And yes, the weapon reveal by Mumei was bad if it doesn't get revealed that it has some direct connection to her powers.
>>
>>141027924
Selective breeding is incredibly effective, but for some reason when you suggest selectively breeding humans you're a monster.
>>
>>141028057
It's only okay when talking about animals, okay!?!?

Gosh, you're such a racist/sexist etc.
>>
>>141028029

The soldiers seem to be doing that already, and even in a worse case scenario they could deploy them on the trains and shoot them through the slits in the armor, probably meaning a drastic reduction in trains being hijacked.

And if Mumei has guns that can kill Kabane from afar, then they better explain soon why those aren't being mass-produced or how they're somehow reliant on her body's powers.
>>
>>141015538
But that's your typical mecha show
>>
>>141028078
>>141028057
Selectively breeding humans requires you to force them to do things against their will.
It also requires someone to decide what traits are best for people to have, which comes with a whole host of issues.
>>
>>141027782
Wait until you see Ikoma using the tsuranki with blood drive, a flimsy spear is no comparison or even a proper replacement, more like an one-off weapon
>>
>>141028115
> requires you to force them to do things against their will.

Not necessarily.

>It also requires someone to decide what traits are best for people to have, which comes with a whole host of issues.

Yeah so lets never ever even think about it though I guess China will because they do not give a single fuck about 'moral obligations'.
>>
Mumei dual-wielding sawn-off shotguns would probably break a normal human's wrists.

Spicy Pepper made a gun designed for everyone from peasant to samurai to be able to use against the corpses, but it still has a fairly negative tradeoff of needing close proximity to break through the armored heart-cage. Really if beheading them takes them out as well he should stop focusing on his fetish of heart-crushing, and just focus on BOOM HEADSHOT.
>>
>>141028057

There is no record of selective breeding for height in the industrial revolution more-so than previously. Bringing people out of constantly being close to starvation through industrialization is a much more likely explanation.

But yeah, we could easily capitalize upon our gains and become even stronker if the government would implement some positive-eugenics policies.

>>141028115

Positive eugenics entails providing incentives for breeding instead of sterilization and oppression.

Regardless, I don't really care as long as you don't get in the way of designer babies and genetically engineering children.
>>
>>141028103
>The soldiers seem to be doing that already

They do? I haven't really seen them fighting kabane as close as how Ikoma has to be to use his weapon.

Bushi use their guns trying to kill kabane from a distance. If a kabane manages to get closer than that, it's already too late, and that's true for both steamguns and Ikoma's weapon.

Let's not forget that Ikoma has been bitten more than one time. It's simply inevitable when you are fighting kabane that close.
>>
>>141028274
Guess the next thing he needs to come up with is a steam-powered suit of armor.
>>
>>141028274

>they do?

Yeah, albeit not very successfully. They're in close quarters right before they get overrun.

So if they already have guns that can kill the kabane at a distance what was the inventor so excited about? Is there a shortage of gunpowder?
>>
File: 1396663901214.jpg (51 KB, 389x386) Image search: [Google]
1396663901214.jpg
51 KB, 389x386
>>141027029
what the fug
>>
>>141028191
>Mumei dual-wielding sawn-off shotguns would probably break a normal human's wrists.

Don't think so, they are probably as powerful as normal guns and even then you could still have guns mounted on the trains if that really was the problem.

The anime site even explains that bushi use steam guns because they can't manufacture gunpowder (and importing it is out of the question), but they aren't nearly as effective as firearms.
>>
>>141028344
>Is there a shortage of gunpowder?
There seems to be no gunpowder, seeing as they're using those steam devices to fire the guns.
>>
>>141028344
>So if they already have guns that can kill the kabane at a distance what was the inventor so excited about?

They don't have guns that can kill the kabane apparently, excluding Mumei's guns.

>Is there a shortage of gunpowder?

As a matter of facts this is stated in the official site. That's why they use steamguns.
>>
>>141028057
You know what separates Humans from Animals? The ability to think and have free will, not follow instinct and breed with what will produce the strongest offspring.

To tell human beings to do selective breeding goes against making your own decision and own logic of things. So yeah you're a monster.
>>
>>141015538
I just want to see a good Kabaneri thread but this was shit beginning form the OP.
>>
>>141015538
>normal humans
>beating anything

Anon humans are weak apes that need to invent shit to combat other animals therefore the only realistic way to show humans beating anything that is obviously stronger than them is with technology faggot.
>>
>>141028492

What could possible be farther from the state of an animal than taking into our own hands our evolutionary destiny instead of leaving it up to the chaos of nature?

To refuse to cultivate future generations to be the best that they can be is to deliberately condemn them to a sub-par existence, and even suffering, for nothing more than for the sake of clinging to the ego.
>>
>>141028492
Very philosophical.

Now tell me, do your platitudes hold up if at birth you could have had the choice to be born as a strong, tall, intelligent, and disease-resistant human with no mutations, or are you seriously going to tell me that you would prefer to be born exactly as you are just for the sake of your flimsy morals and worldviews?

If you can at least be logically consistent I'll concede. I feel like I should remind you that things like cancer, Alzheimer, heart disease, and autism could almost be entirely bred out of existence.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
What about augmentation? Very, very painful augmentation.
>>
>>141028492
>not follow instinct and breed with what will produce the strongest offspring.
Animals don't have such fine-tuned instincts, they pretty much just fuck whatever is the best option at their disposal, pretty much like humans.
The only difference is that animals live in conditions that do not allow for individuals with less than optimal genetic materials to live enough for reproduction, while with modern humans even those with extremely debilitating defects can live and transmit their genes.
>>
>>141028492
>The ability to think and have free will,
You have no free will you are just a monkey that is a slave to his reptillian instincts, go ahead jerk off monkey you know you cant fight it.
>>
>>141028616
>with no mutations
Everything is nothing but mutations. You mean to say no negative mutations.
>>
>>141028616
>cancer
>bred out
Cancer is the most ancient biological anomaly in animal life because it is caused by cells going full retard in division as long as cells exist cancer will exist.
>>
Nice anime villain talk around here.

>The current society is stagnant, humans no longer EVOLVE as even the weak propagate in great numbers..!
>Hardships must be made, conflict created, so that mankind can finally step forward!

Can't help but agree..!
>>
>>141027355
Yeah, you also have to be keep in mind there's about one million Space Marines in the entire galaxy and that's really nothing because they're divided into chapters of 1000 strong each so you can't really mobilize them as easily as you could back in legion days.
>>
File: 1458271331638.jpg (68 KB, 350x324) Image search: [Google]
1458271331638.jpg
68 KB, 350x324
>>141028789
Yeah, sorry. It's late.

>>141028801
There's a lot of environmental factors to cancer, but a major part of cancer susceptibility is heritable. I never said it could be entirely eliminated.
>>
>>141028861
I'm more surprised that a board full of people who will never breed and many of whom don't have or look for friends would be incensed about this.
>>
>>141028908
Why, we are still human, are we not?
>>
>>141028861
Due to fucking neanderthals we now have a bunch of horrible rare genetic diseases due to neanderthals inbreeding with eachother from their sparse populations making their most horrible genes dominant.
>>
>>141028959
I've heard that people that have the least amount of neanderthal dna are Africans.

Don't know about you, but I'm glad for my share.
>>
>>141025718
Never watched Gate, but this kinda makes me feel like watching it. There's nothing that makes me harder than watching /k/ beating the shit out of retarded sword wielding soldiers.
>>
>>141028934
I mean, I've always thought of most anons as having pretty minimal personal attachment to society. I really wouldn't expect that many to care, and I certainly wouldn't expect strong utilitarian thoughts about improving humanity from faggots who use most of their time jacking off and watching cartoons.
>>
>>141029026
It's resoundingly average.
>>
>>141029014
Blacks also have the lowest rate of autism on the planet but africans do have terrible diseases since both of them cant distinguish their mom or sister from another women as a reproductive mate leading to inbreeding.
>>
>>141020512
I remember him being an absolute badass and nothing else from that series.
It's probably for the best
>>
>>141029083
>Blacks also have the lowest rate of autism on the planet
Finally, an explanation for why /a/ hates niggers.
>>
>>141029035
Social exclusion can come from being depressed with the direction of society, and that relies on having thoughts and feelings about it in the first place.

Like so:
>I no longer have hope for the future, everything seems bleak, nothing is worth doing.
It's fundamentally different from:
>I don't care haha anime is the best
>>
>>141029083
The rates of autism in blacks is actually skyrocketing way larger than whites in cold places like Sweden because of the lack of vitamin D.
>>
>>141029131
I've heard that that's actually been a very flawed study, as it is apparently actually quite hard to know if a black has autism or is just normal, so they just pick the 'absolutely-sure' cases aka the lowest of the spectrum.
>>
>>141015538
that never worked though, throughout human history we have only overcome enemies by adapting their traits.

The arabs beat the persians by adapting their tacticts, the arabs beat the mongols by letting their cousins the turks fight them, the spanish beat the arabs after being raped by them from years, the mexicans beat the spanish after becoming them, etc. etc.

You want to crush the rock, first feel the rock, BECOME THE ROCK. Only then can you crush it.
>>
>>141029178
Honestly why the fuck is autism in the human genome to begin with.
>>
File: VARIOUS GLOCKS.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
VARIOUS GLOCKS.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>>141029062
I can notice that from the animation, shit looks really cheap and even the script on that scene looks shitty. It's just really fun to think that 10 soldiers armed with Type's and MG's could easily beat down over 100 soldiers armed with arrows and swords, there's just something really satisfying about that.
>>
>>141029035
Anons still need society to survive so no.
They tend to love and hate it at the same time.
>>
>its another "civilization acts like stupid retards toward people making progress" episode
>>
>>141029189
Western blacks already have an average IQ 85, so I imagine the more subtle cases would be a bit harder to detect combined with the fact that most of them live in poverty (rightfully so) and getting proper medical care is difficult.
>>
>>141029251
At least it's not lethal. The appendix randomly exploding? Now that's just silly.
>>
>>141029251
Lack of vitamin D. Go out and get some sun.
>>141029178
Not surprising Blacks were not meant to up in the north like New York but down south. I know they get other diseases from lack of vitamin D. So they need to eat supplements.
>>
>>141029300
Its socially lethal which is a bad thing.
>>
>>141029137
I guess that makes sense, maybe I just expected more of /a/ to be the latter.

>>141029268
That's why I said personal attachment. You could be attached to something because of practical self-interest without having an emotional investment in it beyond that, and in that case you wouldn't likely care much about its progression through future generations.
>>
>>141022167
>>141022167
>>141022112
But just imagine, a protagonist without any overwhelming power or latent power. Someone that is not the most powerfull, someone that has to fight using everything he has in order to defeat his opponents. That would be nice to see...

And of course:

>not being an innocent idiot
>>
File: ngnl.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ngnl.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
Prove me wrong.

tip: you can't
>>
>>141029268
I don't, but I'm just a different kind of mental illness.
>>
>>141029629
Shit taste, shit anime, but you answered his question. Good job.
>>
>>141029750
Nah, not really into my tastes too anon, just found this to be sincerely the right answer.

I admit that I've watched it through to the end, though. The artstyle kinda got me.
>>
File: image.png (309 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
image.png
309 KB, 600x459
Where did all the Weskers come from?
>>
>>141029800
Shiro a cute. Story took itself too seriously at times. Art style was new and bright. Episode 6 was amazing.
Wish it was better than it ended up being but can't expect Nippon to do anything right anymore.
>>
>>141027906
>Personally brought Mikimoto to the project
>Clear goal to make Kabaneri even better than GC

Godspeed based madman
>>
I'm pretty sure 90% of /a/ would be the first to go if we are talking about weeding out the weakest among humanity.
>>
>>141029893
Problem is that was too much of a blatant self-insert history that Yuu Kamiya wrote. If he took it a little less seriously and went a little less on the self-pandering route, things would have been a little better.
>>
>>141015538
You want an anime Batman?
>>
>>141029984
Batman's power is money.
>>
>>141029943
Pretty sure, /a/ is full of retarded sociopaths that think a little too highly about themselves. I guess the other 10% can be saved because of their psychopatical tendencies, therefore ability to manipulate other people's thoughts and feelings.
>>
>>141030040
>Pretty sure, /a/ is full of retarded sociopaths that think a little too highly about themselves
No, That's /r9k/.
>>
File: img000008.png (213 KB, 840x1200) Image search: [Google]
img000008.png
213 KB, 840x1200
>>141022112
>premise is that MC has no powers
>MC gets powers
it would be better if Deku didn't get the power that comes with the requirement of being the guy chosen to save the fucking world. I mean come on, if you're going to develop a power at least make it a crappy but creative one at least.

All Deku is going to do is HULK SMASH everything
>>
>>141030338
Did this manga ever get interesting? Shooting gel can only do so much for my interest
>>
>>141029629
isn't Sora secretly some sort of demi-god?
>>
>>141030472
there was this sort of Watchmen style arc at the end. MC stays pretty amusing though, and his gel never turns into some OP godlike ability.

Manga only adapts half of the LN though, feels bad
>>
>>141030040
The other 10% of /a/ are generally well adjusted people who just happen to like anime and don't really have other places to talk about it.

No one on /a/ is lucky enough to be psychopaths. If they were, they would be busy lording over their anime clubs.
>>
>>141015786
>fights demons by using demon armour that transforms him into a demon
>>
>>141030912
It "Brings out latent abilities" So he's still human. Besides, it only appears after like 250 chapters. Also I don't see what fighting demons has to do with him not being human.
>>
>>141015538
Better than attack on titan
>>
File: 1459830318440.png (596 KB, 928x1066) Image search: [Google]
1459830318440.png
596 KB, 928x1066
>>141030338
To be fair, I like Boku no Hero for the fact that Deku's basically dragging out the whole "origin story/learning to use your powers for good" thing most things get done and over with instead of just gitting gud and being superman.

Him going absolute madman becomes entertaining when you realize he's on the trapeze with no net underneath. It also curtails any ass-pull, since he actually does have super OP strength, but he can't use it.
>>
>>141030338
Ah, I forgot to mention; at least in the manga we've got heros that have "useless abilities", so that position is filled.

I'm getting way off topic though. Batman Deku might have been cool, but I'm not sure it would have worked as well; compare to the oneshot BnHA is based on.
>>
File: nicholas-d-wolfwood-1.jpg (84 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
nicholas-d-wolfwood-1.jpg
84 KB, 500x375
>>141031397

It wouldn't have worked at all considering Batman had money, resources, a vast network of people and years of time to train on his own timeline. Compare that to deku where he is broke, has to go to school and has a couple of hours a day of free time to dedicate himself to his craft. Also, even if he was going for a powerless superhero, who is to say that it even if he had became one, that he wouldn't be useless?
>>
>>141031030
It doesn't bring out latent abilities, it removes the limits your brain puts on your body so it doesn't destroy itself. It's like being on a constant extreme adrenaline high and it tears him to pieces. If it wasn't for the Elves he would have died the first time he put it on.
>>
>>141029452
>What is World Trigger?

Just the most recent of those that came to mind.
>>
>>141015538
Sure that would be nice, but at this point I'm just happy when they're not magical girls.
>>
File: 1260141339892.jpg (29 KB, 464x388) Image search: [Google]
1260141339892.jpg
29 KB, 464x388
>>141015538
My first thought was I AM A HERO. But then I remembered it has demi-zombies with superpowers now.
>>
God these threads turn to shit.

Every. Single. Time.
>>
>>141029452
Every time a non-powered or underpowered protagonists fights in a world of super heroes the plot armor meter goes off the scale.
Look at batman. Some people like that, but i'm glad BnHA didn't become that.
>>
>>141031378
Watch Smallville Anon.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.