[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /a/ think that Highschool DXD could have been a better anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 145978524279.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
145978524279.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Does /a/ think that Highschool DXD could have been a better anime if the focus had been on a solo heroine and the MC, with more character development, plot and less blatant fan service?

Or is it irredeemably shit?
>>
Should have just ended at S1.
>>
>>141011729
>Do you think it would have been better if it was a completely different show?
Yes.
>>
>less blatant fanservice
Might as well be a different show entirely. The fanservice and comedy are the series' draw and strength, the fact that it also actually had a plot beyond chess piece powerlevels was just icing on the cake
>>
>>141011729
I really like the best these parts of LN that do not have fanservice.
It really gets stale fast and is usually the same shit all over again.
>OH shit titties!
>Oh shit someone sits on my lap!
>try to not nosebleed aaaaaand do it anyway
I really liked the bro trio training, world building, most of the fights and SoL aspects.
>>
>guy gets Guyver-like powers after forming a pact with devil/vampire/youkai princess/heiress/etc to save his life

Is there a single series like this that is played completely straight and doesn't completely suck?
>>
>>141012343
Isn't that just a premise tho? I think what matters the most is execution. Essentially how well the world building is implemented, how the character dynamics are established as well as character growth and development. The plot doesn't really have to be 3deep5u. It just needs to be clear, coherent, concise and not be built on plot armor or ass pulling.

A fantasy setting executed realistically, i still believe can make for a great series.
>>
>>141012172
Just a friendly reminder that that was its main focus all the way through S1, which i remember quite fondly. It only clearly became a harem with absurd amounts of fan service in S2, not that there wasn't any fan service in S1. Its just that S2 onward had much more.
>>
>>141011729
>XD
fuck off
>>
>>141013513
I only watched S1.
>>
>>141013689
Watch S2 for perspective. If one seemed absurd to you. 2 will blow your mind.

>>141013659
Reminder that ironic shitposting, is still just shitposting.
>>
>>141013659
Like pottery.
>>
>>141013849
>Watch S2 for perspective. If one seemed absurd to you. 2 will blow your mind.
>Watch shittier shit so the shit you watched seems less shit in comparison
I'm good.
>>
>another episode of DxD being critized by retards that don't matter since they're not japanese and thus don't buy BD's
Never change /a/.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.