[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /a/, I've never realy watched any anime in my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: RSI.jpg (44 KB, 290x364) Image search: [Google]
RSI.jpg
44 KB, 290x364
Hello /a/, I've never realy watched any anime in my life and tought I could start with pic related, I've heard it's realy good

Should I watch the different stuffs in a specific order? And should I watch it with english dubs or with the original voices with subtitles?

Anyway, what's you opinion about Runaway Space Ideon?
>>
Don't do it

You have so much to live for
>>
>>140999183
I'm not realy in japanese stuffs, I just heard that this one in particular is great
>>
>>140999103
>And should I watch it with english dubs or with the original voices with subtitles?
If you read subtitles you miss the action the show is famous for.
You don't need any order for the episodes, it's pretty episodic.
>>
Shingeki no Bahamut reference how nice
>>
>>140999103
The best thing to do is not ask for any advice here.
>>
Ideon is great, but it's not an easy watch. It's a strange show with horrible pacing. You need to watch the TV series and then the second movie "Be Invoked", which is the real masterpiece.

Honestly, it's not something I'd advice a novice to watch. That's like recommending Tarkovsky's Mirror to someone who doesn't watch much movies.
>>
>>140999103
Ideon current full release has bad quality and mediocre sub.
I advise to wait for the new subs on the Bluray rip to be done.

https://secretninjaempire.wordpress.com/
They are almost done, but they're kinda slow.

I haven't watch it yet but I do know that it is very repititive and dated. Tomino stuff can be hard to get into, so I can't garantee you will tolerate it.

Ideon is a very slow and it got popular thanks to the movie concluding the story with a huge bang.
>>
>>140999103
honestly ideon isnt worth it, its iconic as hell but the directing is downright horrible for most the show and it gets stuck in a near aimless cycle of events most the show. the (2nd) movie is great but not worth it unless a die hard mecha fan.

tomino is the guy who made it, hes a massively mixed bag and a pretty shitty director but he has some incredible ideas and sometimes when the time is right he will put out something great so id suggest checking out his other stuff especially the good ol fashion gundam 079 instead, dunbine is another solid work from him,but avoid everything about its spin offs unless you want comedy gold, turn-A gundam is godly,

avoid shows like l gaim, zambot 3 (some people really like this one but personally i found it to be one of his worst), gundam zz, brain powerd.
>>
>>141004229
Daitarn 3 and Xabungle are God-tier
L-gaim is great fuck you.
Zambot 3 I can see why someone wouldn't like it, but it has its strenghts.
The worst Long-running tomino show is Dunbine, I pity the fool who get this recommended to him.
>>
>>140999103
Wait until Ideon has BDs. Watch Bryger in the meantime. I've never met a person who liked mecha and didn't like Bryger.
>>
>>141002643
>You need to watch the TV series and then the second movie "Be Invoked", which is the real masterpiece.
This is not entirely correct.
There's a TV series, a recap movie ("A Contact"), and a sequel movie ("Be Invoked"). The sequel movie is not a sequel to the TV series, it's sequel to the recap movie. Recap movie does a few things differently from the TV series so if you jump into the sequel movie after the TV series you'll probably be confused as to what the hell is going on.

But you can't just watch the recap movie instead of the TV series, either. The recap movie literally covers like thirty episodes in ninety minutes. That's pretty terrible. So what you should do is first watch the TV series, then the recap movie, and then the sequel movie.
>>
I would be surprised if Ideon has a dub
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.