[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Rei appear as a ghostly apparition beside Misato when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.png (458 KB, 779x443) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
458 KB, 779x443
Why did Rei appear as a ghostly apparition beside Misato when she died and in pic related on the red sea?

What was meant by this?
>>
>>140977939
Probably some Christian tripe to do with Moses or the like.
>>
>>140978050
How?
>>
File: image.gif (843 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
843 KB, 500x213
>>140977939
She appeared by a lot of characters not just Mosato? What show did you watch?
>>
Went back in time from the impact I guess.
must be why peopke who already died at that point still got into instrumentality, like asuka.
>>
>>140978181
>Mistato
>>
QUANTUM PHYSICS
>>
>>140978181
The reason for it was instrumentality btw.
>>
>>140977939
Rei's personal reason was most likely to say goodbye to Shinji for the last time. The symbolic purpose is book ends. One of the first shots of the series is a similar shot with an apparition of Rei appearing to Shinji before he gets picked up by Misato.
>>
>>140977939
Its meant to show that Rei has become godlike.
>>
>>140978261

>Mistato was a mistake.

Literally. A typo, in fact.
>>
It's meant to show that Rei a shit
>>
>>140977939
Menstruantion is a pain.
>>
Rei becomes able to time-travel, Shinji is her favorite, and Shinji represses a lot of the strangeness he experiences over the series. There might have been ghosts all his life.
>>
Better question, why the fuck is Rei here at the start of the series? Anno has provided no explanation. Probably did it because it was DEEP.
>>
>>140983231
[spoilers]it's Yui's ghost[/spoilers]
>>
>>140983231
She's a clone sent by gendo to make sure that shinji didn't die before misato picked him up
>>
File: Spoiler Image .png (12 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
Spoiler Image .png
12 KB, 100x100
>>140977939
>Why did Rei appear as a ghostly apparition beside Misato when she died
Pic related.
>>
>>140977939
Why was Rei able to talk to Shinji's mind in 3.33? She's magic and shit.
>>
>>140977939
Because you gay
>>
>>140983231
This shit fucked me up from the start. It's why I don't get people who act like the series was ever supposedly normal or straightforward, it was full of crap like this from the beginning.
>>
>>140986767
>full of
Can you name another instance?
>>
>>140977939
Bad writing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.