[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which do you like better /a and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: yuyuvshunterxhunter.jpg (94 KB, 860x403) Image search: [Google]
yuyuvshunterxhunter.jpg
94 KB, 860x403
Which do you like better /a and why?
>>
>>140974426
YYH was superior in every respect. Better characters, better premise, better story arcs, better OST, better pacing, and a better fanbase. HxH is cancer and should have been laid to rest years ago.
>>
HxH because it's better written, more interesting and less predictable. YYH is a pretty good battle shounen but HxH is what Togashi can do without editors influencing him too much, it feels a lot less generic.
>>
>>140974516
>>140974519
Who to trust?
>>
i had more fun reading hxh, while yyh is a little tiresome and repetitive, and draws its fights out for too long.
>>
hunter x hunter is subjectively better because it has a character named Bean and a character named Beans
>>
>>140974516

This. Even despite Togashi's editors having WAY too much input into the series, YYH is one of those series that can (and has) stood the test of time. I don't think people will be able to say the same about HxH in 15 years.
>>
YYH have better action and climax, though HxH can be a little more narrative and immersive... it comes down to preferences, I would pick YYH any day since I hate how HxH take main characters away for entire arcs (where was Hisoka at Kimera Ants?, and Leorio And kurapika).
>>
>>140975216
what does this even mean. god fucking damn this board. no ones even mentioning BnH whats wrong with you
>>
File: 1458046010371.jpg (172 KB, 606x454) Image search: [Google]
1458046010371.jpg
172 KB, 606x454
>>140975920
YYH is one of those series that can (and has) stood the test of time.
this
anyone I've told to watch it loves it
>>
>>140974426
HxH takes itself a little too seriously, I prefer YYH's tone.
>>
>>140975920
HxH sells like crazy and has 2 adaptions, it's already stood the test of time considering it's nearly 2 decades old.

HxH will end up even more popular in the end most likely, with the way the internet works these days. Nobody really talks about YYH anymore, but either way it's nowhere near as good as HxH.
>>
YYH was better overall, but when HxH was an adventure series it was a toss up. The Ant arc kind of screwed that up and it just turned into another battle shounen where there is something threatening the world and they have to stop it.
>>
>>140980818
>the art that literally makes it stand apart from battle shounen thanks to outstanding character development and trope subversion makes it 'just another battle shounen'
You realize that the threat to the world literally never even met the MC, and he was killed by a cheap nuke, right? Without CA arc it would be pretty standard battle shounen, with CA arc it shat all over power levels and rage induced transformations.
>>
HxH > Level E >> YYH

I don't know how people can like YYH other than nostalgia, it's a pretty bad series. I wouldn't even call it average.
>>
>>140974426
YYH. Still one of my favorite shonen to this day.
>>
>>140980931
Gon knew about the Ants and was fighting to stop them from destroying the world. It then turned into a bunch of fights and power ups to progress the story. It got dull.

Before that it was more of an adventure series than a battle shounen I'd say. There wasn't much fighting and the story mostly consisted of the main characters going to place X because they wanted to and that was how the story progressed. It isn't like Hisoka, Bomber, or the Phantom Troupe were characters that had any grand ambitions or were a threat to the world. Hopefully the DC arc brings back the adventure aspects.
>>
>>140981249
Gon wasn't fighting them to stop them you dumb fuck, he only was after Pitou
They also never were a threat to the world and that was the entire point
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>140980631
>>140980999
Killuafags desperately clinging to their pedo shitshow.
>>
File: kirruaaa.jpg (33 KB, 499x277) Image search: [Google]
kirruaaa.jpg
33 KB, 499x277
>>140981396
Killua is cute!
>>
>>140981396
>>140981454
Consider suicide
>>
>>140981356
Some twist doesn't really take away the years and year and years the story went on about how big a threat the Ants were and spending so much effort to stop them. You get the same fucking effect with story telling. Just because you do something ironically doesn't mean you still don't end up doing it. That arc killed so much interest in the series for me.
>>
Yu Yu Hakusho has an ending, and a good one, and it didn't take a million years and two different anime, so Yu yu Hakusho
>>
File: patrician.jpg (169 KB, 1000x761) Image search: [Google]
patrician.jpg
169 KB, 1000x761
>>140981482
Spotted the pleb
>>
>>140981482
As far as i remember they never said the ants were a big threat, they just said they were trying to limit the casualties. Also you're moving the goalposts, you were complaining that "there is something threatening the world", which was wrong.
Pretty stupid thing to complain about too when you're trying to claim YYH was better.
>>
Personally I like HxH manga better but I really like YYH too.

YYH does have an advantage in the anime category, being fairly well done and complete, while it seems like HxH will probably never have a "complete" anime, though I thought 2011 had a fairly satisfying ending.
>>
>>140981482
You need to figure out what exactly it is about the arc you dislike before trying to criticize it, because it makes no fucking sense for your enjoyment to depend on the scale of the conflict. There's nothing inherently wrong with the fact that they were fighting a threat to their world, especially since Togashi made serious effort to subvert expectations for that.
>>
>>140981627
But they did think it was a threat to the world. They literally said that at the beginning of the arc.

I mean I get you and others like >>140981559 think it is the greatest shounen arc of all time, but I wasn't a fan having to spend like 8-9 years to get through it where it was just fighting constantly when the series spend so much time defining itself being different in the other arcs. I preferred the more simple adventuring arcs of Greed Island or even the exam arc.
>>
>>140981895
Where did they say that?

It seems what bothered you about this arc was the "constant fighting", which is pretty strange considering it has like a handful before the invasion and after that it has 2 or 3, depending if you want to count Gon killing Pitou or Knuckle running around Youpi a fight. That's really not a lot for the length of the arc, i even remember people back in the day complaining about the lack of fights.
And again, pretty strange thing to complain about when you're trying to say YYH was better.

You're really not making sense to me anon.
>>
>>140981776
You've completely misunderstood what I disliked about it. Scale has nothing to do with it. I disliked it because it was different to what the other arcs had been until now, which is what I enjoyed about the series. Where they were more focused on adventure and going new places and discovering new things. The Ant arc felt the most generic shounen to me as it turned into so much fighting, power ups and these world level threats. I get it tried to subvert the generic battle shounen arcs like this by adding some twists with King, but I would have preferred more arcs like Greed Island than a typical battle shounen arc done ironically or turned on its head. Since you still have to suffer through all the things typically found in those arcs.
>>
>>140982123
YYH was a generic battle shoune from the start I enjoyed that. It never changed what it was in my eyes. HxH was an adventure series in the beginning which I enjoyed, but enjoyed it less when it shifted away from that. It isn't a complicated reason.
>>
HxH
Better written characters, better written arcs, more ambitious and interesting.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.