[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the fuck do i watch this there's a million different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Arsene_Lupin_III_full_798490.jpg (194 KB, 1123x794) Image search: [Google]
Arsene_Lupin_III_full_798490.jpg
194 KB, 1123x794
how the fuck do i watch this
there's a million different series and movies
>>
>>140964944
One of the best things about Lupin is that you can start literally anywhere
>>
From the beginning.
>>
Bring up a list of all of Lupin media.
Close your eyes
Jab your fat finger at the screen
Watch that one
Repeat until you've watched everything
>>
The other anons are accurate in that you can really start anywhere, but if you want a starting order...

1. Castle of Cagliostro
2. Series 4
3. The Fuma Conspiracy
4. Series 2
5. Whatever else you want
>>
>>140964944
Like any sane person would, only watch it if it's made after 2005
>>
File: iron.png (526 KB, 1027x675) Image search: [Google]
iron.png
526 KB, 1027x675
>>140964944
If you want anime, I say I would start with red or green jacket for like 5-10 episodes each to become familiar. From there you can watch movies. Cagliostro is god tier, but it's not what some people would consider a real lupin movie.

A few fantastic movies are:
Episode 0
Secret of Mamo
Operation Return the Treasures
Farewell to Nostradamus

Also blue jacket is unbelievably good. I just wouldn't start with it.
>>
1.) Castle of Cagliostro - The perfect introduction to the series
2.) Series 1 - Also known as the green jacket era.
3.) Series 2 - Also known as the red jacket era. This is the longest one at 155 episodes and it's hit-and-miss but it's still very much worth watching.
4.) Any OVAs or movies that came out around the time of Series 2
5.) Series 3 - The pink jacket era. It's a little funky so be warned.
6.) A Woman Called Fujiko Mine - It's a different series in terms of style and it focuses on a different character from Lupin
7.) The Gravestone of Jigen - This is a Lupin movie that's more in keeping with the tone and art style of A Woman Called Fujiko Mine
8.) Series 4 - The blue jacket era
>>
If you're gonna go with Castle of Cagliostro first, keep in mind it's very different in tone than basically any non-Miyazaki Lupin. You could ease into the rest by watching his 2 other episodes first (145 and 155 of Series 2) which are a good transition point.

For maximum whiplash, watch anything pink jacket, like Babylon. You'll understand the spectrum of Lupin with just these
>>
Lupin is shit. Why waste your time?
>>
>how the fuck do i watch this

In awe, to glorious Lupin
>>
>>140970855
You're shit.
>>
Green jacket episode 1 you fucking plebeian.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.