[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interview of composer Kenji Kawai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 11.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Here is an interview of Kenji Kawai (soundtrack like Ghost in the Shell, Avalon, Patlabor, Ring, IP Man, Ranma1/2, Higashi no Eden, other Mamoru Oshii stuff)
Be sure to turn the subs on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puIsASh5P2U
>>
>>140962128
Is this one also edited by Tumblr like the one with Miyazaki?
>>
I always recognize his music. It's very distinctive.

Girl Friend Beta is a great recent work of his. Joker Game also has his music.
>>
>>140962261
What ?
>>
thanks, that was interesting
>>
>>140962128
>Prophet
>Rhodes
>that rack
Unf.
>>
Could never get into his music, despite him working on some really famous series. He's like the opposite extreme as Yuki Kajura.
>>
>>140965474
Maison ikkoku's tracks that revolve around melancholy or "walking home while the sun goes out" kinda feeling are gripping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlGud0vvuhs
>>
>>140966349

I suppose. I mean, his music isn't bad by any means. But it seems very melancholy as a whole. Even when he tries to do upbeat or comical themes.

One soundtrack I feel that was bad as a whole however was Blue Seed.
>>
>>140966454
>But it seems very melancholy as a whole. Even when he tries to do upbeat or comical themes.
Oh, come on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNZ0TLBsiOc
He can do upbeat just fine.
>>
>>140966454
Comical? although you might not get this as the character is very shifty/comical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1f2iosKV2k
>>
>>140966630
His episodes always creeped me out.
>>
File: 1388011911810.jpg (79 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1388011911810.jpg
79 KB, 640x480
>>140966715
The fucking egg episode
>>
I absolutely do not understand why they got him of all people to do the Barakamon soundtrack. Why the hell was I listening to a thriller movie's music in SoL show?
>>
>>140967381
Int he interview he said he likes "warm" music. And likes to teach the expression "Treasure every meeting, for it only occurs once" Which actually fits Barakamon perfectly.
>>
>>140966592

That's not really what I consider upbeat. That sounds like a triumphant battle theme.
>>
>>140962128
DAT HAIR.
>>
>>140967570
His philosophy is one thing and the appropriateness of his tracks in the scene is another. As a whole his soundtrack for the series was good but there were a lot of strange choices for the scenes. There was that one particular track that sounded like it was ripped straight out of Gundam 00 that kept coming up in scenes that were nowhere near as tense as it sounded.
>>
>>140968672
I don`t think the person composing the music is necessarily the person picking which scenes it will be played in.
>>
Is this guy yankee or something? Why the blond hair, so shamefur.
>>
>>140969030

Japanese people dye their hair blonde to purposefully go against society.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.