[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unicorn Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: mpv-shot0013.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0013.jpg
124 KB, 1280x720
Let me see if I'm following this right.

>Vist foundation is secretly a weapons MFG for the EFSF as evidenced by the Unicorn being described as their flagship
>Since it's UC 96, all the bad shit already happened tho
>Vist Foundation is seeing its profits dwindle as open hostilities between Neo Zeon and Federation die down
>but they have Laplace's Box which is like having 3 missing pages of the US Constitution in their possession that everyone knows they have but no one knows what it says. Serious business.
>they offer their flagship MS which is also a Gundam & also leads to Laplace's Box to Neo Zeon knowing NZ won't turn down the opportunity and Feds will have to intervene
>[war intensifies] as planned
>Vist puts MC in the Unicorn for lack of better options
>But this is planned too, as he is a cyber newtype built to pilot it and follow Audrey
>but the Gundam is taken in by the wrong side and is still in fed possession and not escalating war and juicy profits
>Neo Zeon shows up again because Gundams are historically very srs bzns
>so the Vist corporate lackey sends the Gundam out with its rookie pilot knowing it will get captured and make the war worse
>which is exactly what happened
>Audrey is just along for the ride and wouldn't have made a difference if she stayed home.

So this entire series is the Vist Foundation showboating the Gundam it plans to sell to the federation to win the war that they intentionally started by showboating the Gundam in the first place.
>>
>>140961903
that was a lot of effort on your part just to be wrong.
>>
>>140961903
tl;dr
>>
File: Banagher_Links.png (448 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Banagher_Links.png
448 KB, 848x480
MUH AUDREY
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 1024x577
I totally love the classic animation of this series, the drama, no censorship.

I only hate the MC are going into the wrong girl instead of pic related
>>
>>140963164
How am I wrong? I watched it when the OVAs were out but this time around it really seems like the Vist Foundation set up and escalated a war just to sell weapons. The dub leaves out a lot.

>>140963578
Don't you think she's kind of clingy? I get it's a war set up by the Vist Foundation but she's really out pushing yandere and not in a good way.
>>
>>140963767
Vist Foundation had different opinions within it's organization. They themselves didn't want to sell weapons, it was Martha Carbine who had a controlling stake of Anaheim Electronics that wanted to continue selling weapons to both sides. Though, mind you they were selling weapons to both sides since the 0083. Syam and Cardeas wanted to see the box opened to set things right.

That's why Cardeas asked to take the Unicorn Gundam from Anaheim for further development, only to install the La+ Program into it without them knowing. So a true Newtype could find the location of the box, since it was Syam and his view that only a Newtype should be the one to decide if they should open the box or not (Give the last article refers to them directly.) They originally intended to hand it over to the Zeon remnants because not only did they feel like they'd have a true Newtype within their cause, but because they'd have the most interest in opening it.

The whole thing was everyone reacting to the Newtype boogieman, as Martha and Alberto felt like opening the box would allow people to sympathize with the Zeon Deikun's views of Newtypes and independence for Spacenoids. Thus, they wouldn't have a reason to sell weapons to both sides anymore.

The issue with Unicorn and almost every other Gundam side story is it relies heavily on understanding the universe to a decent degree.
>>
>>140961903
its all anaheim on the moon, they play both side being moonjews and crypto-spacenoids.only Jupiter knows whats up and stays the fuck out for the most part. Turn A confirmed, fight me /m/.
>>
>>140963767
>lets go of the only two things that made them money
>they did it for profit
what part of episode 1 did you not understand
>>
is this even worth watching still? They only changed maybe 1 scene animation wise, and everything else has been shot for shot the ova.
>>
>>140964990
I came from the dub and a lot more is being explained in the subbed version. It's one of those Gundams that needs a rewatch to know what's going on.
>>
>>140965115
I already watched the OVA in sub, its the exact same so far. Why would you ever have watched the dub?
>>
>>140965322
The OVAs were releases in dual audio right off the bat.
Sunrise does pretty decent dubs all things considered.
The entire crew of the Garencieres had better fitting english VAs than Japanese VAs.
Not saying the dub is better, but it's quite well done.
>>
>>140965115
The reference to Full Frontal's name isn't explained very well in the subtitles, only in the dub.
>>
do I need to go watch the other Unicorn series to understand what's going on/what's happening behind the scenes?

it's been fairly straightforward so far

the OP is fantastic
>>
>>140965716
>other Unicorn series
the OVAs are just the same thing but not cut into 22min blocks.

You really should at least watch the movie trilogy recap movies for 79, chars counter attack, and Zeta/ZZ since Unicorn has many returning characters and plot lines that only make sense in context, unless your just watching for animation.
>>
>>140965716
>other unicorns
It's called Universal Century not Unicorn retard

You need to watch 0079 to CCA
>>
>>140965905
>movie trilogy recap
Are they as bad as Turn A's movies were? Because that shit would have ruined the story if I'd seen them before the series.

>>140965936
>hurr durr implying I wasn't talking about the other show with the title "Gundam Unicorn" that aired a while back
Yes, I'm at least passingly familiar with the various gundam timelines. Ass.
>>
>>140964990
What scene did they change?
>>
GUNDAM GUIDE WHERE?
>>
>>140966025
>Are they as bad as Turn A's movies were?

I dont think so, the 79 recaps were good and mostly just trimmed some fat (although you should go back and rewatch the entire thing). 83, 80, ms are also good series but not completely vital to watchig unicorn like 79, Zeta and CCA.
>>
File: 1461874340483.jpg (1 MB, 2240x2400) Image search: [Google]
1461874340483.jpg
1 MB, 2240x2400
>>140966154
they re-drew his hand once with more shadows.

>>140966162
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 864x1195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 864x1195
unicorn is my favorite Gundam
>>
>>140966185
aight, thanks

will check them out
>>
So, from what I can gather, so far at least, there's no reason to watch this series if I've already seen the OVA, right?
>>
File: 1373070396683.jpg (15 KB, 263x215) Image search: [Google]
1373070396683.jpg
15 KB, 263x215
>>140966294
>tfw thunderbolt ended without resolve
>>
>>140966398
unless they start producing the extra content they promised, not unless you want to rewatch it for some reason.
>>
>>140966263
lov u
>>
File: 1458641477965.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458641477965.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>140961903
>another blonde princess damsel in distress
>>
>>140963767
>Don't you think she's kind of clingy?

No? she just really likes him, and women are like that anyway.

It's a fucking shame, she's a top qt.
>>
>>140966185
I think the first movie is faulty of removing things that should be better left in . That probably has to do with the 0079 being pretty strong for the first 12 or so episodes, there's not as much useless fat to trim as the rest.
>>
>>140966452
How so? I think it did pretty well. It's just another smaller conflict inside the OYW.
Even the manga wanders off to completely different things shortly after the point the anime stopped.
>>
It's such a horribly written OVA. The character of Audrey is the definition of forced, as is the shitty MC's arbitrary, hilariously passionate love for her.
>>
>>140971266
That kind of strong connection is nothing unusual for Newtypes though. Even more so as Banagher never experienced it before.
I agree the autistic way he conveys that feeling is hilarious though.
>>
Because there's so much to watch/I don't have a torrent, what happened to Amuro?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.