[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The second week of the Dougram program will be starting up in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
The second week of the Dougram program will be starting up in about 5 minutes. Dougram is a 75 episode robot anime by Sunrise in the early 80s about guerillas and politics and stuff

Episodes 3 and 4 are about the MC Crinn trying to get to the colony world Deloyer from Earth to save his father, an Earth politician who is holding a summit there, from terrorists holding him hostage and declaring their independence. This is part of the introductory arc of the series which will continue the next two weeks

If you want to talk about Dougram, you can watch two episodes during the week or go into a stream at mog-3 at taima.tv. It's a very fun show so I recommend tuning in or watching on your own.

Next week is episodes 5 and 6
>>
That is a weird phone.
>>
Forgot to mention the stream will be up all week so if for some reason you want to
>stream by yourself
And don't want to pick up the episodes on nyaa, you can head over whenever

This episode has a really cute girl and a little shit of a main character who is too crazy for his own good
>>
>Dougram

Shit I've been wanting to watch this for ages, any BDs for this? I've been spoiled by the recent spate of old series getting BD releases.
>>
>>140946680
Just DVDs
>>
>>140946680
Unlikely. What you see is what you get and I don't believe it'll ever get BDs in the conceivable future. It's relatively obscure for a sunrise robot anime
>>
>>140946832
>>140946844
>DVDs
Well better than nothing, I'll get to downloading it. But long series are the bane of my backlog, especially long repetitive ones, I still have Patlabor TV and City Hunter on hold around 50 or so episodes in, LoGH is the only thing in recent memory that I watched with that kind of length.
Is Dougram repetitive motw like patlabor/city hunter or does it have a moving plot like LoGH/Gundam etc?
>>
>>140946844
Did any of Takahashi's anime got BDs?
>>
File: FotS Dougram 15 nude photos.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
FotS Dougram 15 nude photos.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>140946954
It's a continuous plot and like LoGH it also has memes but also cool robots and guerillas instead of faggot germans

>>140947052
Layzner and maybe Gasaraki and Flag since they're kind of modern. Votoms will definitely get them though, like come on it's fucking Votoms
>>
>>140947134
>like come on it's fucking Votoms
Well, it doesn't look like Bandai or Sunrise care anymore.
>>
>>140947183
I don't really like Votoms personally but it's relatively popular in the anime community just about everywhere.
It's not going to get new shit every few years but BDs are well within the realm of possibility for something that has had OVAs this century and multiple appearances in video games
>>
>>140947134
>It's a continuous plot and like LoGH it also has memes but also cool robots and guerillas instead of faggot germans
Sweet, that sounds great

>faggot germans
But those are the best kind!
>>
>>140947757
There's still a family of faggot aristocrats that have their hands in things.
>>
>>140947757
There is my husbando who is more handsome than any logh memes

Dougram is done for now but you individual I am replying to I recommend you watch the first four episodes to catch up for next week...or to watch whatever at your own pace
>>
File: eWMWsHa.png (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
eWMWsHa.png
1 MB, 1680x1050
So do the Soltic controls look like this or does Crinn have some training of which I was not previously aware?
>>
>>140948955
Crinn in the second and third episodes is seen to be in military school and is operating a simulation at the start of the third episode. He has pilot training and in the first arc accumulates experience where he's being supported by veterans

Does not exactly fall into the cockpit
>>
>>140949074
Oh, I guess I missed that. I thought it was starting in the fifth episode.
>>
>>140949113
He starts fighting with other guys supporting him next episode, yes. Sorry
>>
File: 1980s Keit-Ai.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1980s Keit-Ai.gif
2 MB, 500x375
An 80s boy falls in love with an 80s girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's landline phone number.
>>
File: a way.png (131 KB, 763x367) Image search: [Google]
a way.png
131 KB, 763x367
>>140949502
>>
I love how Crinn phones Daisy asking for money out of the blue and she's just immediately "I'm on my way".

The way the plot's going I don't think they'll meet up any time soon though
>>
>>140950067
I think you'll like how they use her. Or be surprised
>>
>>140949113
This post made me think, it's kind of stupid to watch episodes 5 and 6 when on the channel episodes 3 and 4 are on a loop.

So I think it's okay if you're all caught up and want to participate in this, you don't watch anything right now. But say once episodes 5 and 6 are rolling and you haven't seen them, it's okay, just watch them before 7 and 8 get put on

Not many people are participating and it's fine and anyone who was was probably doing something like this in the first place
>>
Whenever I watch an episode of this show it amazes me just how far above the level of pretty much anything currently airing right now it is. I especially like the whole situation Crinn has been left in essentially having to fight against his father who isn't really a bad guy, just incredibly misguided and old fashioned in his thinking. I'm up to about episode 20 now myself, been watching it slowly over the last couple years just because it's so good and I don't want to blow through it like I did with LOGH and be stuck with nothing of it's caliber in terms of sci-fi military to watch.
>>
>>140954389

One thing it definitely gets that not a lot if any sci-fi mecha series do nowadays is that it's okay to not have constant unending in your face action, cliffhangers and fanservice thrown in your face every five seconds and that characters can develop and not every adult is a complete and utter moron with every kid being a genius that always has all the answers leading to one sided as fuck boring battles and conflicts. I mean Crinn is resourceful, a quick learner and he has the Dougram but it's far from simple and easy for him and it always feels like they're fighting a losing insurrection while winning small victories here and there just to buy time giving the Fang of The Suns struggle a real sense of tension and desperation which in turn makes the cast pretty sympathetic overall.

Also the soundtrack is decidedly low key and tense compared to the unending Sawano drops of the current sci-fi mecha scene. I really miss the genre having good fitting music, world building and lasting more than 12-24 episodes so that they have time to go a few places.
>>
>>140954389
>>140954724
You may not know this, but Dougram is mostly winged as they went unlike most modern anime. It was supposed to be a standard four cour show like a lot of similar series from the period but got an extension because it was so popular. The pilot is just a pitch as to what the general episode is supposed to be like.

It's consistent in quality the whore way through and is believable in everything that happens with nothing coming out of anyone's ass. By all means it should not have been as good as it was for something without a firm grip on the events that are portrayed. All they really knew from the start was, Dougram was rusted and abandoned and didn't know how they would put it there except that it would look cool.

When I first watched the show I watched it in approximately 10~20 episode bulks and then would ignore it for months as a time to just digest what's happening and to not wear myself out. I think pacing yourself the way you are is admirable to not run out of good stuff, but imo you should pick it up a little bit. You're going to forget a lot of details if you're tackling something this long that forms a single coherrent story( as opposed to something like say City Hunter with a bunch of standalone stuff or Sailor Moon with several story arcs) several years at a time. Details will drip out and you will only recognize the individual quality of each episode
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.