[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Jotaro such a shitty boring character Stardust Crusaders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 148190859161956123.png (408 KB, 353x548) Image search: [Google]
148190859161956123.png
408 KB, 353x548
Why is Jotaro such a shitty boring character
Stardust Crusaders is literally an arc where the companions are more interesting
>>
>>140941151
You have shit taste, that's why.
>>
>>140941151
S H I T T A S T E
H
I
T

T
A
S
T
E
>>
>>140941151
Because he's the biggest Gary Stu
He's actually better in the parts afterwards because he's no longer the protagonist
And the only good character among the crew which actually had good characterization and had proper development is probably Polnareff.
>>
>>140941151
the companions are more interesting in every single part anon
>>
I'm not a big Jotaro fan, and part 3 is my second least favorite part, but there's a lot more to him than meets the eye. The main thing about Jotaro is that he's an introvert, has pretty shit social skills, and has trouble properly expressing emotions that aren't anger. I mean just look at Part 4. Jotaro is a 28 year old man that spends most of his time with teenagers. Yeah they're the only people with stands around, but you'd think a normal persons social life would extend beyond one ability they happen to have. I was actually surprised when I first saw that he had a kid, because I thought someone as autistic as Jotaro could never have an actual romantic relationship (which he couldn't keep mind you). This combined with his teenage angst, makes him a pretty abrasive guy in Part 3. However, I think his lack of charisma actually makes him pretty unique because most of the Jojo's tend to be everymans.

Despite all that though, Jotaro is someone who has inherited the "Joestar mentality" and as such has a pretty strong sense of morality. When it comes down to it Jotaro's actually a pretty big softie. So much so that it, combined with his other faults, led to his failure as a husband and a father.

For me, Jotaro becomes a much more interesting character in Part 4 and Part 6, but overall, you've got to look what's beneath the vaneer when it comes to Jotaro if you want to start seeing him as anything other than "that boring cool dude"
>>
>>140943515
>I mean just look at Part 4. Jotaro is a 28 year old man that spends most of his time with teenagers.
That's probably because the only relevant characters in Part 4 are teenagers. By that logic you could tell Rohan can't express emotions because he only likes 15 years old Koichi. Yes, Jotaro does have trouble with emotions but it's shown in part 6 with his daughter criticizing his life choices and always calculating side.
>>
File: latest[1].png (712 KB, 473x702) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
712 KB, 473x702
>>140941151
>Why is Giorno such a shitty boring character
>Vento Aureo is literally an arc where the companions are more interesting
>>
>>140944236
giorno had potential to be so interesting with his DIO/Joestar heritage conflict

imagine him having a personality torn between a ruthless ambition and joestar spirit
not knowing whether to root for him or be scared of what will become of him
>>
>>140944320
That would've been really cool. And things were definitely set up so that it could go in that direction, what with him wanting to be a Gang Star and all. Araki drops the ball yet again.
>>
>>140944236
Nail on the head. They are the two worst Jojo and two of the three worst parts
>part 5 fags will try to defend this
>inb4 muh translation was worse than Duwang
>>
>>140941151
He's shitty beacause he represents a stoic character, that makes him less interesenting.
In the first half of Stardust Crusaders he is a little more charismatic.
>>
>>140944236
>Mistas Bizzare Adventure

Why is it that the most retarded looking companion is always the best?
>>
>>140944508
What the fuck was Araki thinking with Giorno?
>>
>>140944678
>Bruno's Bizzare Adventure
Fixed. Mista didn't do shit for most of the part.
>>
>>140944508
The moment you start to see Jotaro more like a severe autist who can't express himself properly, he becomes one of the funniest characters in all of JoJo

Doesn't work on Giorno though, he's really just a bland gary stu.
>>
>>140944320
>imagine him having a personality torn between a ruthless ambition and joestar spirit

Isn't that what we got though? His ambition was to become a gangster, or gangstar if you will, and he became one by helping out Bruno, which would be a demonstration of his Joestar spirit.
>>
>>140944829
And were did he become a gangster exactly? I mean aside from being called one as part of the gang?
The whole part promised gangster intrigues but it hat no impact besides how the enemies were organized this time arround.
>>
>>140944795
>Bruno's Bizarre Adventure
fixed.
>>
>>140944795
>>140944678
Bruno was the guide, but Mista was interesting to watch, same for Narancia. Even Trish had more visible character development than Giorno.
>>
>>140944829
emphasis on the word "torn". as in, internal strife.
>>
>>140943240
>Battle tendency
>>
>>140947648
>Stroheim
>not interesting
>>
File: 1445752119791.jpg (2 MB, 1441x2385) Image search: [Google]
1445752119791.jpg
2 MB, 1441x2385
At least he's not as bad as Giorno. Giorno is essentially a side character in his own arc.
>>
>>140943515
Funny how most of that characterization is actually in Part 6, in which he's a secondary character at best.
>>
>>140943515

Agreed, Jotaro actually has a great sense of humor in Part 3. He tends to express it subtly, but it's there. Combine that with his well-hidden soft side, and he becomes quite a fun character.
>>
>>140943674
But you can't use that logic with Rohan. He has a legit reason to only spend time with them, and that's because they have stands and he is inspired by them.
>>
>>140953108
Same for Jotaro he's investigating on a murderer and settling a family matter. Also he wrote a thesis during his stay in Morioh so he didn't come just to befriend teenagers.
>>
>>140941151
Same reason why Joseph became a turd when it was his time to fuck off.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.