[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And don't pretend that you do because you'd just be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
And don't pretend that you do because you'd just be embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>140926816
I have read shoujo manga before but generally just things that stray from normal shoujo manga conventions.

I think the last "normal" shoujo manga I read was this ~30 chapter story about a girl who was molested by her dad/uncle as a child and had androphobia. Suddenly Playboy Bishonen turns up and finds out about her past trauma and wants to save her or something and his ex-girlfriend is there and tries to blackmail traumatised girl and it was just a horrible mess of love triangle tropes and over the top melodrama. I only finished it because I sword to try at least one "well liked" typical shoujo manga to test the waters.

Never again. At least shitty shounen manga still have interesting art to look at most of the time.
>>
>>140927006
Oh right, traumatised girl was raped and also impregnated so she had to get an abortion and she was ashamed of being used goods.
>>
>>140927006
What's the HunterxHunter of shoujo?
>>
>>140927056
I don't think I've read anything comparable since I consider HxH to be "shounen tropes done right" when I hate shoujo tropes in general.

Probably the best shoujo manga I've read was Taiyou no Ie. It was cute as fuck and while there was drama it never felt overdone or out of place.

Ore Monogatari!! was also surprisingly good, and though I had to look it up the fantastic Gakuen Babysitters is also considered shoujo.
>>
I've only read Basara, 7 Seeds, Fushigi Yuugi and Garasu no Kamen, any other good shoujo mangas I should read?
>>
>>140926816
Josei is so much better than shoujo.
>>
I can't read
>>
>>140926816
But didn't he like Adachi?
>>
>>140927664
Why?
>>
>>140926816
>shojo
>shounen
the cancer of manga,filled with cliches and over used troupes.
>>
>>140927254
>I consider HxH to be "shounen tropes done right"
That's because you have shit taste and should die.
>>
>>140927006
>>140927051
>talking shit about Bitter Virgin
Nigger.
>>
You're right OP, I stopped reading shounen and started reading shoujo instead.
>>
>>140927680
Those are demographics, NOT genres. There is nothing inherently wrong with shojo/shonen.

Hell, Vinland Saga was a shonen until it switched magazines and now it's seinen. Same shit though.
>>
File: img000010.png (331 KB, 930x1400) Image search: [Google]
img000010.png
331 KB, 930x1400
>>140927316
The few I mentioned above are all good, but it's pretty easy to see why most /a/nons don't enjoy shoujo. Just take a look at the MAL top-rated shoujo manga. Shitty MAL taste aside, like 50% of them have nearly identical plots and the art appears to follow a "How to Draw Shoujo Manga" set of rules it's so similar. You're far better off just reading josei like >>140927635 says.

>>140927696
I never said shounen tropes were good, just that HxH did them well. I prefer seinen action tropes any day of the week.

>>140927701
Right, that's what it was called. I don't know, regular shoujo just probably isn't for me (fucking obviously, since I'm not a young girl). I think it had some decent ideas but I couldn't get over just how exaggerated everything was. It felt like a Mari Okada story on steroids.

Pic related is more my thing.
>>
>>140927807
>Shitty MAL taste aside
The only way to brush MAL's shit taste aside is to use a source that isn't MAL.

>regular shoujo
I think what you're basically complaining about are the eight million Hana Yori Dango derivatives, which are awful cancer for sluts who think bad boys and rape fantasies are sexy. Just read some Hagio Moto or something.
>>
>>140926816
Fuck off Honoo.
>>
File: img000007.png (491 KB, 906x1400) Image search: [Google]
img000007.png
491 KB, 906x1400
>>140927993
Well, I was using MAL more as a metric of the most popular shoujo manga since that's usually how their scoring skews regardless of actual quality, but I could have worded it better.

>Hana Yori Dango
By the description alone it sounds like pure cancer so I'll take your word for it. I'll definitely check out some of Hagio's works, they seem to straddle the line between shoujo and josei nicely.

Have more Mao being cute.
>>
does The Rose of Versailles count as shoujo?
>>
Mostly everything in this medium is trash, so I read every genre possible looking for some good stuff. Same with anime and VNs, WNs are without a doubt shit though.
>>
>>140927254
>liking entry tier shoujo
>best shoujo ever
you barely scratch the surface of shoujo series.
not at that I expect /a/ to have taste in romance. The standard here is averagely NTR and Seo tier romance.
>>
>>140928197
Yes.
>>
>>140928388

Then I read and enjoyed that
>>
>>140928385
>Seo tier
I dont get this, why are you seo fags so masochistic about a manga you keep complaining about. Yet Seo's manga thread is always on the rise.
>>
I fucking love Hana to Akuma. I'l fight a bitch
>>
There are many shoujo manga pretending to be shonen though, it's not hard to find a shonen which reader base is 70~75% female.
>>
>>140928385
>not liking Taiyou no Ie
>>
>>140926816
Blame my brother and sisters for buying shonen and shoujo manga when I was a child. I read almost anything back then.
>>
File: 1448043241501.jpg (470 KB, 980x1400) Image search: [Google]
1448043241501.jpg
470 KB, 980x1400
That's bullshit. Now moe and gar shows on the otherhand.
>>
>>140928385
I'm admittedly poorly read when it comes to shoujo series but I only said Taiyou no Ie was the best that I've finished.

>>140928895
I'm watching Flying Witch and Koutetsujou no Kabaneri at the same time right now. Fite me.
>>
Anyone know what happened with Kujira no Kora? Did that scanlation group bite off more than they could chew and drop it? It was looking fantastic.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.