[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sousei no Onmyouji
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: cvtzw5hxaaamulv.jpg (117 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
cvtzw5hxaaamulv.jpg
117 KB, 600x800
Why is this show is flopping so damn hard? the manga is quite popular.
>>
it's so generic
>>
Well, the anime hasn't hit the point of fighting human-sized enemies that every battle shonen eventually gravitates to.
>>
>>140924462
>the manga is quite popular
It's not. I was even surprised when the anime was announced, Sousei no Onmyouji doesn't sell even 100k copies per volume.

That's Psyren/Mx0 popularity.
>>
File: 1304659855970.png (316 KB, 847x475) Image search: [Google]
1304659855970.png
316 KB, 847x475
exorcist yamada is cute
MC clearly isn't edgy enough for Japan, he should've been Satan's son or something
>>
Because Pierrot.
>>140925771
>That's Psyren/Mx0 popularity.
No. Psyren was much more popular here too.
>>
>>140924462
This just couldnt interest me. I found it bland and generic
>>
>>140926955
Are you talking about Western popularity?
Because Sousei no Onmyouji isn't popular here either, threads struggled to have more than 20 replies few months ago, and the manga is ranked low in pretty much every online reader site.
>>
It's a shame, its first episode was actually pretty good.
>>
>>140924462
Female lead is your typical haremshit "action" girl who only jobs so MC can look cool. It's the first sign of a mediocre show.
>>
I don't like the shows pacing. At one moment it seems to want to go off into anime original territory and then by the end of the episode it gets back on track with the manga.
>>
>>140924661
At least the author decided to make the series a battle shounen from the get go. When he turned Binbougami from a gag comedy to shounen I struggled to keep interested.
>>
>>140924462
My biggest complaint is how they shoe-horned in that stupid anime original mascot character, who spouts random one-liners that don't fit and generally fucks up the mood of the scene.

Why did they think that would be a good idea?
>>
>>140928131
Need something cute for merchandise material at least

They're aiming this for kids, not otaku
>>
>>140928131
Are you expecting a serious answer?
They needed more content to fill the episodes, and the mascot was an idea from the author. Actually the fox thing just didn't make into the manga because monthly manga are already too slow.
>>
>>140928243
>They're aiming this for kids, not otaku
That's why Pierrot is shit.
>>
>>140928275
He gave up about the mascot for a reason and it's easy to see why.
>>
File: 1460369562028.gif (2 MB, 270x188) Image search: [Google]
1460369562028.gif
2 MB, 270x188
God damn, Shimon is in the preview already.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.