[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oregairu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: NyxHbOE[1].jpg (24 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
NyxHbOE[1].jpg
24 KB, 480x272
Volume R spoilers and 10.5 OVA inbound
Oregairu Fes. is out http://www.bilibili.com/video/av4505617/
>>
File: 03a3rkc[1].jpg (19 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
03a3rkc[1].jpg
19 KB, 480x272
>>
File: qfQ27wR[1].jpg (17 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
qfQ27wR[1].jpg
17 KB, 480x272
>>
>>140916054
I have been waiting a full year, I thought I would not melt watching her again, but is happening all over again.
>>
File: 1461860416928.jpg (355 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1461860416928.jpg
355 KB, 960x544
>>140916244
>>
File: 1441098392627.png (1 MB, 8000x4504) Image search: [Google]
1441098392627.png
1 MB, 8000x4504
>>140916554
>>
>>140916554
I'm sorry, but that's way too much ass
>>
File: CGFolguUIAIetd6.jpg (112 KB, 787x1208) Image search: [Google]
CGFolguUIAIetd6.jpg
112 KB, 787x1208
Good Irohasu, everyone!
>>
Iroha a best. A BEST.
>>
No one post the recipes. They are hogwash bullshit.
>>
>>140917014

Yukinoshita's recipe

Placing wheat flour, sugar and chocolate on the weighing scales.

Properly arranging all those that have been weighed.

To decide on the correct amount of time, to perfectly build up a list of established procedures.

In order for it to not go wrong, so that there will be no mistakes.

However, there is just one thing, there are lies mixed into it.

For what the truth is worth, there is a spoonful of lies.

As I baked them one by one, towards the weak looking portions, gracefully, without leaving a gap or an uneven surface, I coat it with a layer of bitter chocolate.

From the view here, the fine powdered sugar sparkled beautifully like snow.

The sugar falling down as I sprinkle them was just like the snow.

They could probably cover up and hide just about everything.

I think it's cowardly.

I'd probably even accepted this cowardly side of me already.

She is. My friend.

Knowing this and yet trying to hide it, I think I am probably trying to push my feelings of guilt onto her.

I am probably still clinging on to those sweet things.

However, because there are still things that I desire.

That's why, I will do the things that I can do.

I can only do it up till this point, the rest depends on you.

Telling her this, I turn around to face her.

And with that, I began to recall my initial conversation with her.

Just like that time too, it was just the two of us.

What kind of conversation it was, with the exception of the two of us, there was no one else, not even him, who knows it.

Yet, she was just like that time; I could see an uneasy expression on her.

To try and ease her uneasiness, I spoke to her in as gentle a tone as possible.

It's alright as long as you can smile even more brightly than during that time.

"The next time, the handmade cookies, we are going to give it right?"

Surely, this is the correct form.

Therefore, this is my recipe.
>>
>>140917045

Yui's recipe

Putting the sugar little by little with trembling hands.

Even if the product doesn't come out nicely, it's fine.

It would be the best if it could come out cutely though.

But, it probably won't end up being like that.

Because there's a lot of things mixed into it.

I tried to collect just the sweet things, just the cute things and only the things that you like.

Just as I thought, it can't be done.

Chiseling here, cutting there, an unevenness all around. Sweet and bitter.

I am not particularly smart or anything. I've probably always been this way.

That's why, there's no way I can do it perfectly.

I don't know what is "correct". It's definitely not the right way to do it however.

Therefore, I've always been putting in some sort of subtle seasoning that only I know.

So as to not let anyone know. So as to not let him know.

Milk and condensed milk. Also, a little of bitter coffee.

Towards that pure white cream, mixing a little of black bit by bit.

The original whiteness of it can no longer be restored.

No matter how diluted it is, how much I add, he will surely remember the bitterness.

It's unfair, for both me and her.

However, it's because of love that this unfairness even arose.

I want to keep loving you. Both me and my friend.

Calling out, looking up. My eyes catches hold of the serious expression and I flinch, just a little.

Just like that time, I wonder if it was done nicely.

Totally different from me, not one bit of me bears any resemblance.

That's why I am attracted to you and rapidly fall in love with you

At the very beginning when I first talked to you, I was so nervous that I could barely converse.

Probably, the same was true for the other as well.

Though I want to give a smile that was more earnest than always, I don't think I have the confidence to even smile like I usually do.

However, probably, the way in which both she and I smiled were likely to be the same.
>>
File: yukino-pansan-two.jpg (101 KB, 572x800) Image search: [Google]
yukino-pansan-two.jpg
101 KB, 572x800
>>140917014
they are a wake-up call to anyone who thought ANOTHER was going to just be a make-everyone-happy ending. Yukino is not OK in ANOTHER, and Yui knows it
>>
>>140917085

"......Un. I will try to do it, my own way. Thank you."

Whether it's correct or not I do not know. However, this will be my recipe.
>>
The recipes are great. They make ANOTHER better. And they make Yui better and more interesting.

We should all love and cherish them.
>>
Why do the recipes trigger Yukinofags so much.
>>
File: 38ux94o.png (311 KB, 433x604) Image search: [Google]
38ux94o.png
311 KB, 433x604
>>140916897
I R E L A N D
R
E
L
A
N
D
>>
>>140917264

Yukinofags don't have a problem with them.

Yuifags are the ones who, for reasons I honestly don't understand, in meltdown over them.
>>
>>140917264
They do?
>>
>>140917264
I've only seen Yuifags triggered, they thought all was grand, but the recipes show them that below the surface scary things lurk
>>
>>140917135
Yeah, any ending where Yukinoshita hides her love for Yui is incomplete for the characters.
>>
Yukino returns from overseas for her last year of middle school (freshman high school age to most of us in west), to be in class with Hayama again, her hero and person she "followed" as she is wont to do. They have secret intimate relationship away from school and parents have already agreed on arranged marriage. But classmates found out, and it caused trouble for Hayama's comfy clique at the time, so he dumped Yukino while Yukino couldn't understand and even yelled at him during school. He treated her like a mentally ill person to preserve his status and "friends". Yukino became very jaded and cold for the rest of the year and first year of high school. During second year, she started to warm up to Hachiman, and although her feelings genuine she still had ulterior motive of goading Hayama with her increasingly close relationship with the outcase loner.

Hachiman will be crushed when he learns the truth
>>
I think Yuifags are like early series 8man. They think she is "nice" and "fair" when we are finding out over and over that she is, in fact, neither.

There's nothing wrong with that. Even though 8man despised Yui early on, he was still putting her on a pedestal rather than viewing her a complete person.

You could say that Yui is nice, except sometimes she isn't. Yui is fair, but sometimes she can be selfish. That just makes her more human.

Yukino is not perfectly well at the end of ANOTHER. But despite the shitposting it's not like her life is over. As Sensei remarks in vol 9, someone will someday cross the line for Yukino. It's just not going to be 8man in ANOTHER.
>>
File: uMC7rsY.png (462 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
uMC7rsY.png
462 KB, 640x456
>>140916554
>>
>>140917522
hey I won't disagree with you about the two girls having love for each other that slightly crosses the normal hetero boundaries, even Hachiman called it "their slightly unhealthy yuruyuri relationship". However Yukino's main love is for Hachiman, even if their is an amount of bi love for Yui (which is mutual by the way)
>>
>>140917612

I see you've been working on your pet funpost from the previous thread.
>>
>>140917765
well hey it got archived just as someone called me an autist because Yukino was overseas. But she did say she came back for last year of middle school. So I'm just continuing
>>
>>140917612
You must be the the shitposter from the previous thread.
>>
>>140917622
But if she's still friends with Yui and Hachiman they can still help her come out of shell, Hiratsuka wasn't necessarily saying it had to be romantic relationship that gets through to Yukino, just something where she is not loner and antisocial any more
>>
>>140916054
OVA fucking when?
>>
>>140917811

Yukino/Hayama is a very classical form of Oregairu shitposting. It is a little dated these days but still good for a rise.

You need to get with the times though. Now we've got Yuifags straight up inverting sexualities.
>>
>>140917612
The problem between Hayama-Haruno-Yukino happened in elementary school autist.
>>
File: YukinoDriving.png (168 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
YukinoDriving.png
168 KB, 400x300
>muh recipes
>>
File: 38292310_p0.png (1 MB, 1157x1637) Image search: [Google]
38292310_p0.png
1 MB, 1157x1637
I want to tell Yumiko she has shit taste and will never be as good as Yukino
>>
>>140917874

My feeling is it won't be either. In fact based on her recipe and what we know about Yukino I suspect she will drift apart from the other two.

That's only my opinion though. If you want to believe it won't happen that way, your theory is as good as mine.
>>
>>140917846
it's a shitpost? Let's look at evidence:
They talk of future after university in club, but Yukino surprises them by stuttering about it when they all expected her to say she'd start some incredible career.

Haruno warns Hachiman about "something more horrible than trust" about Yukino confiding in him

Hachiman has thoughts about" something horrible" when Yukino is talking about how Hayama's career path affects her since family needs both a law/legal type as well as science/med type

If you think there is other explanation for these rather ominous foreshadowings, I'm all ears
>>
What is this recipes things? Spoiler for ANOTHER? I've been out of loop for a while.
>>
>>140917960

She'll confess during the third year as they'll be busy with cram school and university entrance matters; she'll have nothing to lose. Hayama will reject her which will be devastating, but then maybe she'll think about other interesting guys she knows who are not superficial
>>
>>140918087

They're in ANOTHER vol R. Near the end. They're like memorandums that appear in other volumes.

Kinda makes me wonder what sort of non-8man PoV devices WW might use in vol 12. He's gotten rather fond of them in recent volumes.
>>
>>140918032

> Haruno warns Hachiman about "something more horrible than trust" about Yukino confiding in him

You need to take this one off your list. Everyone knows she's talking about Yukino's dependency issues there.
>>
>>140917713
>However Yukino's main love is for Hachiman
Not according to the recipes.
>>
>>140918032
Yukinofags call anyone who disagrees with them shitposters.
>>
>>140917912

They did? Everyone assumes that since it was brought up in Rumi arc that they were Rumi's age when it happened
>>
>>140918193

I'm saying the Hayama problem is part of her dependency issues
>>
>>140918032
If you have read the novel her character song, the recipes, it's cristal clear that the only guy Yukino likes is 8man and is as much clear that she doesn't feel anything for Hayama.
Yukino mother plan for her future are not revealed yet, we have to wait for vol12, but one thing is for sure, Yukino doesn't want it.
>>
>>140918322

Or maybe these threads have been around for years and years, there's not a single thing in his theory that hasn't been claimed and refuted millions of times in the past, and no one cares enough to address it.

Now the Yuifags taking a knife to Yukino's sexuality is original. That's actually worth some attention. I am currently preparing a detailed rebuttal to the gay Yukino hypothesis.

My careful, methodical research of the recipes has led me to the conclusion that Yukino likes neither males nor females. She is actually attracted to type A genders from the planet Gliese 581 c and her recipe can only be understood in that context.
>>
>>140918525
but she is a type A gender alien herself.

QED: Yukino is gayer than the 1890s
>>
>>140918489
I have read those, agree with her love for Hachiman being genuine, but am pointing to evidence she is angry and unhappy with Hayama who used to be her squeeze and moreover who the families intend for her to marry
>>
>>140917309
It was supposed to Yui's perfect ending. No matter what happens I can think "Oh well, she got her Hikki without hurting Hikki or Yukino" but these recipes shit on ANOTHER. She is a fair and kind girl, not someone who would do something like this.
>>
>>140916054
Time to delicious tears

>>140916554
MY DICK
>>
>>140918761

That's what I initially thought too, but after applying a filter to the original Japanese recipe based on the estimated light spectra from Gliese 581 c, I discovered that Yukino is actually a post-op A->B transgender and chooses to use "B" pronouns.

Furthermore she is guilty about lying about her alien gender to Yui and is too much of a coward to admit it. She clinging to the sweet notion that she's human as she piles snow on the truth.
>>
>>140916897

I'm sorry, but you are homosexual. There are high school romance comedies geared for your particular predilection, you know
>>
>>140918929
I understand now, makes sense to me
>>
>>140918881

No one will get a "perfect" ending. This is Oregairu we're talking about.

For what it's worth, I suspect vol 12 will give us Yukino's ending and it will even less "perfect" that what Yui got, though better for her at least.
>>
>>140918399
Rumi is in the last year of elementary school, and have to go to middle school (junior high school).
>>
>>140919021

Note that this only holds true for ANOTHER. She is a normal human girl attracted to males in the main story.
>>
>>140919085
Yes but I'm saying it is ASSUMPTION that Hayama/Yukino issue happened at same age. What if it didn't?
>>
>>140916054
Yukino end yet? I'm waiting.
>>
>>140919092
In main story, the girls are said to have "slightly unhealthy yuruyuri relationship' several times by Hachiman. So they are both 70% straight, 30% bi.

They probably practice deep kissing "for when they get a boyfriend" and such. Nothing too gay
>>
File: 1457152179761.png (83 KB, 335x335) Image search: [Google]
1457152179761.png
83 KB, 335x335
>>140917281
>>
>>140919101
It's not assumtion, read the novel
The assumption is yours.
>>
>>140919101

Whatever happened between Hayama and Yukino happened in elementary school. Hayama's own words make that clear

> “I don’t mind, really. I don’t feel that hung up about it. It just brought back some memories… a long time ago, I did nothing when a similar scene played out in front of me,” Hayama said, not jokingly or dejectedly, but with something like yearning.
> ...
> “…hey, I wonder how things would’ve turned out if we went to the same elementary school, Hikitani-kun.”
> I answered his question promptly. “It’s obvious. There would’ve just been one more loner in your school.”
> “You think so?”
> “I think so.” My voice was extremely thick with confidence.
> I could somewhat make out the sound of Hayama’s quiet chuckling. In order to distract me from the fact he had been laughing, Hayama let out a little cough. “I think a lot of things would’ve been ended up differently. It’s just… even so…”
>>
>>140918007
Naw, Yukino will be doll Yukino and drift away for good after highschool. 8man will never not be a thing between them unless they settle things with everything on the table.

I think you are right, Yukino's actions based on her recipe give me bad vibes. It would be different if she supported Yui and 8man without being a coward to her own feelings.
>>
File: komachi-finds-oniichan.jpg (29 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
komachi-finds-oniichan.jpg
29 KB, 600x338
>>140919237

Anyone who hates sweet supportive cute imoutos is an enemy of the human race.

Little sisters are love! Little sisters are life! Little sisters are to be cherished at all times!
>>
>>140919290
Yes, Yukino was bullied during elementary school.
>>
>>140918833
The problem with Hayama got cleared in vol 10 at the bar when they made "peace".
If you have read vol 10 about the rumors, it's hinted that the same rumor happened long ago and they handled in a bad way resulting in Yukino being bullied and Hayama not doing anything.
About the marriage, Yukimom just wanted the family to remain close, it could be that or not, we will see in vol12, but is clear that Yukino doesn't want it.
>>
>>140918525
Yukino being gay has been foreshadowed for months.
>>
Yukinofags should want the recipes to be false. Why would they want their girl to have a bad end? It would be best if Yukino got a good end for everyone.

If they are true Yui doesn't get a perfect end, she gets a sweet end with a shit flavored streak in it. If Yui got an absolutely perfect end then that would be good since the main series might have a good end for both Yui and Yukino to compensate.
>>
>>140919552

Unfortunately it doesn't hold up. My research team is uncovering nuggets of evidence of Yukino's Gliesian ancestry going all the way back to vol A.
>>
>>140919633
>yukinofag shitposting
Seems about right
>>
>>140919049
But Yukino's end will be bittersweet but honest. Yui's end is turning into sweet but more bitter the more you taste it since those recipes came to light.

I don't want a Yui end to be a lie, I want it honestly. Yui getting him like she did with that nice little assist from her best friend is lovely. I can't believe WW would shit on us.
>>
>>140919628

> Why would they want their girl to have a bad end?

What I want most of all is a Yukino in ANOTHER that is consistent with Yukino in the main story. If she wins, she wins. If she doesn't win, she doesn't.

For her to not have her personal issues in ANOTHER makes the entire story ridiculous. The recipes are good because they are proof those issues still exist and the lack of dealing with them has the predictable outcome. I want consistency in the characters. To pretend that Yukino is something she's not in the main story makes it as if it's not even Yukino in ANOTHER but some other girl with the same name.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 342x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 342x316
So why doesn't 8man just go for the threesome end? Everybody wins. Especially his dick.
>>
>>140919720
I can believe Watari would shit on Yui; he hates that kind of girl
>>
>>140919628
They do want it to be false, why do you think they pretend the over-page-long recipe with literally nothing about 8man in it is actually about 8man?
>>
File: yui-suffering-03.jpg (54 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yui-suffering-03.jpg
54 KB, 1920x1080
>>140919774
Yui and Yukino are both very jealous girls
>>
>>140918120
Like 8man?
>>
>>140919680

Just wait for me to upload my research paper to the arxiv. Then you'll see, you'll all see.

Yukino is a quantum superposition of states. She is either straight, gay, type B heterosexual, or "nu-trans fourth trimester transsexual Angst Profile ZETA-8 genderqueer" depending on how the "ending" waveform collapses.
>>
>>140919774
They're too autistic for that
>>
>>140919774
They tried in volume 11.
>>
File: 1373358542724.jpg (132 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1373358542724.jpg
132 KB, 1440x810
Sensei end best end
>>
S3/Movie to end the series when?

Have they confirmed Iroha to be the winner at least?
>>
>>140919720

The recipes aren't that bad. I'm telling you. no one will get a perfect ending.

Yui is not some angel that floats above the clouds and is perfectly nice, kind and sweet and everything is skittles and rainbows where no one can ever hurt. It's not like Yukino is going to be slashing her wrists or shaving her head.
>>
Yuifag here. Now I know what Yukinofags went through in vol 11. I don't like these recipes and I will tell you why.

I had this idea that Yui was a nice girl and didn't really have a bad bone in her body. She was fair and would screw over a precious friend. She joinedf the club because of something higher than to be with 8man. When she says she was fine with a lie I thought she was lying. Yui did so much for genuine in vol 11 out of the goodness of her heart to help her friends. I truly believed she didn't mean a word of it. She was helping Yukino come to terms with her feelings and helping 8man see reality, pure and noble goals.

But those recipes imply she is okay with a lie, she will pick her feelings over someone else's, and would be selfish. She would do something unfair as long as it was assured no one would hate her. It makes it seem like Yui knew she was stepping on Yukino's neck. All for just 8man. 8man was her big thing at the end of the day and her main thing was only to be his woman. Maybe she would have been okay with anything that only made her happy.
>>
File: y-shaved.jpg (100 KB, 900x820) Image search: [Google]
y-shaved.jpg
100 KB, 900x820
>>140920044
>>
>>140920102

But does that make Yui a monster? Or does it make her more like a normal person you can truly feel attached to. Like I said earlier in the thread, some Yuifags seem to regard Yui the same way early volumes 8man did.

But just like 8man realized Yukino isn't really as "strong and perfect" and he thought, he also realizes Yui isn't as "nice and fair" as he thought. They're both girls with more depth than that. Even in ANOTHER which takes a different path Hachiman reconsiders Yui in that one too, and ultimately ends up in a relationship with her.
>>
>>140920102
>would screw over a precious friend
*would never

>>140920044
>ui is not some angel that floats above the clouds and is perfectly nice, kind and sweet and everything
She was never presented as anything but kind and sweet. There was never any foreshadowing that she is selfish and cruel.
>>
File: 1460655553044.jpg (494 KB, 1280x1430) Image search: [Google]
1460655553044.jpg
494 KB, 1280x1430
>>
>>140920102
Love drives people to doing extreme things. In Yui's case it drove her to doing what she perceived as a wrongdoing to her best friend. In Yukino's case it made her encourage the one she loves to be with someone else, even if that person will never know her feelings.
>>
>>140920244

> She was never presented as anything but kind and sweet.

Well if this is your post >>140920102 you yourself pointed out the evidence she was not that way, but you (and many others) made excuses for it.

Yui straight up TELLS 8man in vol 11
> I am not as nice a girl as you think I am
>>
>>140920102

selfish? that is true any time two or more girls who know each other like one guy, and one gets confession accepted and gets to be with him.

There is nothing wrong with that, it's reality. There is no notion of "fairness" .
>>
File: 1454488012106.jpg (127 KB, 1192x1360) Image search: [Google]
1454488012106.jpg
127 KB, 1192x1360
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Ya'll motherfuckers need Jesus.
>>
>>140920102
Yukinofag here. I'm disgusted by the fact that Yukino is a liar in the recipes. Yukino would never do something wrong by her friend like that, she would know that it's in everybody's best interest to come clean about everything, because she's a genuine person. Watari is a hack for making her a worse person just so Yuifags wouldn't be angry. Fuck Watari and fuck Yuifags.
>>
>>140920438

> she would know that it's in everybody's best interest to come clean about everything, because she's a genuine person

Yet she needed to be saved by Hachiman in vol 11 because she was totally about to surrender to Yui's proposal and give up genuine for good.

She cares about being a genuine person, but she's weak and cowardly. And unlike in the main story, Hachiman is not bridging the distance to her. They aren't having the kind of moments together that inspire Yukino to stand up for what she wants.

I don't think her characterization in ANOTHER is all that wrong compared to the main story.
>>
>>140916054
Fuck yes.
I didn't even watch the last EP of S2 but I'm definitely watching this just for Iroha
>>
>>140920334
Japanese don't use western astrology. If we knew birth year for them could do Shukuyo astrology
>>
>>140920239
Normal people are in normal life. Yui was exceptional. Yes it makes her more realistic and more believable but I wanted to believe.

> They're both girls with more depth than that.
I guess that is the point I missed, 8man viewed them as perfect cutouts to the archetype he wanted to put them in. He was wrong and realizing that will help him.

>>140920298
Yeah but when all the chips are on the table she will do the thing that will net her 8man, everything else be damned. The Yui I liked would have considered everyone's feelings. ANOTHER is not the right Yui end. a Yui is supposed to not have an unseen darkness. At least to me it wasn't.

>>140920327
But everyone's feelings weren't in the open and Both Yukino and Yui knew what 8man didn't.

>>140920325
I thought she was just being hard on herself.

I guess 8man and being with him matters more to her than anything. I didn't want to see it.
>>
File: iroha smile.png (699 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iroha smile.png
699 KB, 1280x720
>>140920102
Irohafag here. Post your Iroha when Iroha wins the 8bowl.
>>
>>140920594
I just don't care anymore. I really don't. Iroha can have whatever.
>>
>>140919842
Not the girl you responded to but yeah it's pretty clear her and 8man will be a thing once he gets over his idolisation of Yukino
>>
>>140920533
It might not be but it tastes bad. Is Yukino going to swallow genuine in any universe that doesn't have 8man trying to to get closer to her?
>>
>>140920757
She probably ends up like Haruno under normal circumstances.
>>
>>140920757

She needs a special someone to do it. 8man is the only one we know of. But I'm not saying they're "soulmates" or anything silly like that.

Sensei's words to 8man in vol 9 are valuable in this debate over Yukino. She makes it clear that it does not have to be 8man who goes the distance for her. Someone will do it eventually. Sensei says that happened to her. The knock there is that you look at Sensei who is filled with regrets and know that there will be some permanent damage. But in a way, getting a little damaged is part of growing to begin with.
>>
File: yukino-wings.png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yukino-wings.png
789 KB, 1280x720
>>140920368
Turn from your dark ways my son, and walk toward the pure snowy light. Accept Yukino into your heart, and be saved.
>>
>>140920533
>They aren't having the kind of moments together that inspire Yukino to stand up for what she wants.
But volume 11 is the only time that happens, and he doesn't inspire her so much as he outright tells her to get her own shit together.
>>
>>140920809

Well she's not like how Haruno was when Haruno was in high school, per Sensei.

I think if nothing is done to address Yukino's weakness, she will be end up being the doll Yukino we saw in vol 11. More likely, she will manage to overcome it but not perfectly and she'll be something similar to Sensei, who was always meant to be a kind of "bad end Yukino".
>>
>>140920594
I wonder if they'll have room for her winning in 12. It would make sense if they focused the final volume on resolving the club, and then there's a volume 12.5 were they go on the "next time" date they talked about in 10.5.
>>
>>140920930

It's not just the scene at the end, there is also the infirmary scene in vol 10 that's different.

And he most certain did inspire her there. He basically pulled her back from the absolute brink, imparted Sensei's wisdom onto her, and told her not to give up. The way she responded to that, bringing up his request and offering her own indicates how pivotal a moment it was to her.
>>
>>140921088

The best Irohafags can hope for is a scenario where Yui gets rejected, Yukino gets with 8man but it's a fleeting one year romance, then Iroha swoops in and picks up a heartbroken 8man on the rebound at the very end.

Which would sort of be a fulfillment of her 'safe tile' strategy, so you never know.
>>
>>140921103
I'm talking specifically about scenes which encourage Yukino to behave autonomously, of which there is only one: the ending of volume 11.

Other scenes that changed are besides the point. Prior to that 8man was making Yukino's dependency worse if anything.
>>
>>140921103
but in infirmary scene she basically is doing a Yumiko, changing career path to be with her friends. Sure there was a good thing there, as she realized her feelings, but it's far far from taking step for her two major issues.
>>
>>140921168
>Yukino gets with 8man but it's a fleeting one year romance
Refuted in literally every single Yahari thread prior to this one.
>>
>>140921219
>>140921250

We don't know how the other scenes affected Yukino deep down. Clearly they had some effect, though.

I'm not saying they directly addressed her issues. But they laid a groundwork for their relationship that bears fruit later on.

The key thing is that throughout the series, when Yukino stands up for herself on something, Hachiman has consistently been the catalyst for it. These other scenes play into that and some of them are missing in ANOTHER.
>>
File: 1436154635664.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436154635664.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>140920594
>>
>>140921314

Oh? I was in the entire thread that just archived, from start to end. When did it ever "refute" that argument?

And go ahead and do so if you don't mind, for my sake.
>>
>>140921359
The clear effect is that they made it even worse, to the point that her immediate family had to start getting involved and she was directly quoting 8man instead of using her own reasoning with them.
>>
>>140921400
Yukino doesn't love 8man romantically.
>>
>>140921473

Oh I see. It's shitposting, then.
>>
>>140921430

Eh, I see it as a progression for her. She had to get worse before she could truly get better. For 8man to be that catalyst, he had to know how she really was.
>>
>>140921488
It isn't shitposting, no amount of meme character songs or recipes will change that.
>>
File: 1449721570666.jpg (60 KB, 472x510) Image search: [Google]
1449721570666.jpg
60 KB, 472x510
>>140920594
>>
So, will Yukino ever regret giving Yui that assist in the ANOTHER timeline or will it wallow up self hatred? Will it be in her character song in a spinoff where she is Sensei to a few troubled kids?
>>
>>140921527

Man if her character song, recipes, and 11 volumes of build up have all these memes in them, just imagine all the memes that will be in vol 12. We'll have to throw the whole book out because of this "Yukino/8man" romance meme.
>>
>>140921359
It's actually hard to think of instances of Yukino standing up for herself other than against classmates she considers on lower tier.

One could bring up her choosing to run for president, but she caved in rather quickly just seeing Iroha reversed her stance of wanting to run and having nominations. She could have actually ran in election.
>>
>>140921553
If I had the balls to ever get a dakimura this is the one I want.
>>
>>140916054
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
WW should have just given Yuifags the perfect end. Now they are agitated and scared.
>>
>>140921586

Honestly? It's best not to think about it too closely.

I mean shit it could out like WA2 eventually, but we should operate on the assumption that unless something is directly foreshadowed or suggested, it's going to go down the path of least resistance.
>>
>>140921527
But the recipes support the gay Yukino theory more than anything else.
>>
>>140921624

She caved because even though she wanted student council president for herself, it was trying to help Hachiman that really motivated her to do it. He went behind her back and undermined that, which made her give up.
>>
>>140921599
If she had anything in those 11 volumes this conversation wouldn't be taking place.
>>
>>140921675

No remember, it's the alien Yukino theory that the recipe supports.
>>
>>140921714

Are you new to 4chan?

This waifu wars conversation would be taking place no matter what.
>>
>>140921701
>it was trying to help Hachiman that really motivated her to do it
How did Yukino running for president help 8man in any way whatsoever?
>>
>>140921586
more likely her sad future would include arranged marriage for power/wealth and she'd be executive in family corporation. She'd have respect, money, power, sex a couple times to make heirs that she'd be too busy to properly mother (repeating history).....but no love, no soulmate, no friends. She'd have a life of doing a duty with no joy.
>>
>>140921786
Not this specific conversation. The one taking place would be a lot shittier because it wouldn't be just Yukinofags arguing theories with no story support whatsoever.
>>
>>140921701
I don't believe so, she was in mode of club members not helping each other but rather just competing independently to see who was the best at solving requests. Nothing for Hachiman other than anger and spite, still deeply offended and hurt by that fake confession.
>>
>>140921802

Yukino had a meltdown when Hachiman suggested giving that speech that would debase himself yet again. She absolutely could not bear the prospect of it.

But she was still unable to be assertive in stopping it. Then Haruno gives her the spiel about how "you're just like mom, always having other people do your dirty work" and that motivates her to run for student council, so he won't have to give the speech.

Yui realizes Yukino's motivation of course. Thus she gives her "I am going to beat Yukino" resolution and also decides to run for president. 8man does not understand it though, he finds a method that undermines what Yukino is trying to do and that upsets her. Because she assumed he would understand.
>>
>>140921858

Where specifically have you provided any story support in this chain of posts?

This is exactly like a 4chan waifu war thread, don't kid yourself.
>>
File: protect that smile.jpg (124 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
protect that smile.jpg
124 KB, 1280x722
>>140920594
>>
>>140921937
That can't be correct, because her running wouldn't stop Hachiman from employing whatever method he wanted since they were now competing instead of helping each other. He was free to use the rottenest methods he could.
>>
>>140921992
Here, let me list all the times Yukino has had positive, unambiguous romantic development with 8man:
>
>>
>>140922080

But she wanted to prevail all the same. She wanted to help him and he kept her from doing it.
>>
File: tehe.png (865 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tehe.png
865 KB, 1280x720
>>140921369
Winning 8man is quite literally her birthright.
>>
>>140922107

Well keep on thinking that and then in vol 12 when she's riding the 8inch in the club room, you'll call it an asspull.
>>
>>140922161
Nice source, mister time traveler, and good discussion.
>>
>>140922123
Prevailing wouldn't help him; he'd be doing the rotten things away. She caved because Hachiman went in the direction of removing the reason for request, Iroha now wanted to be president. If Yukino really wanted it, she could have run and most likely would have one, what with all the Iroha nominations being falsified. The thing she remarked about Hachiman not understanding was her wanting to have a purpose, she can't function without one and can't come up with one on her own. No direction, no purpose, blown on the winds of expectations alone.
>>
File: 50336095_p2.png (236 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
50336095_p2.png
236 KB, 417x600
>>140920594
いろはす~
>>
Tried watching this series, why is it so fucking boring? You'd think I'd like the MC at least.
>>
>>140922256

Well to be fair, it was both.

She, poked by Haruno, ran for president to try and help Hachiman and it was also something she wanted for herself but was unable to assert herself until she had something else to strive for. Hachiman failed to understand both reasons.
>>
>>140922161
Nothing so lewd on school property, just making confession that he'll be trying to excuse back to her as some kind of misunderstanding. Then she'll interupt saying "moron, idiot, Hachiman!", jump in his lap and kiss him. Hiratsuka-sensei will open the door, and Yukino will take her tongue out of Hachiman's mouth to say "Sensei, Knock!". Hiratsuka will drop her papers and then run off crying about Hachiman finding true love before her, to go on a week long bender.
>>
>>140922371
>>140922256

Even after she found about Iroha not wanting to be president, she still couldn't bring herself to run for StuCo president until Haruno called her out with the "dirty work" bit. That was the part referring to 8man and that's what directly motivated her to run.
>>
>>140922148
I would order all the volumes from amazon if WW make her win. She´s just pure unfiltered enjoyable, the back and forth teasing is making me harder than the hardest material in this world.
>>
File: 1453853864358.png (60 KB, 243x297) Image search: [Google]
1453853864358.png
60 KB, 243x297
Why is everyone in this show so cute?
>>
File: 1461199923749.jpg (100 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1461199923749.jpg
100 KB, 720x720
>>140920594
>>
>>140922451
She showed up hoping to use Hayama for spokesperson and thought meeting was about that. Haruno's remark was about her using ex-childhood friend.
>>
I don't get this.

Isn't the point of 8man is that he'll never get women and he's apathetic to it all?

Or is this some much "needed" development?

Also isn't the sensei way cuter than everyone else?
>>
>>140922355
If gets better once the main love interest shows up.
>>
>>140922355
>Not relating to the 8man
>Not liking the 8man
>Not finding the conversation entertaining
I guess you dislike it for the lack of fan-service, lack of harem, lack of power fantasy, lack of the usual LN fat otaku self-insert?
>>
>>140922533
so buy a PS-Vita and order the game + OVA

Watari made those just for you
>>
>>140922549
Season 1 Hachiman maintained he didn't need friends or girlfriend.

Sorry but the whole story is to demolish that point of view; Hachiman was wrong and now he knows it. He has friends, acquaintances, and two girls who are very precious to him and both of whom are in love with him though he's in denial since he doesn't believe anyone would value him that much. That last flaw in his makeup will be destroyed in vol 12
>>
>>140922606
>fanservice

I don't really enjoy this that much unless its fun.

>harem

I got into it because 8man wasn't the center of a harem at all. Somehow it still bored me.

I actually like 8man but the story around this kind of bored me. Fuck the trap was cute though.
>>
>>140922549
Neither do most people in this thread.

Well the point is technically for him to grow to the point where he can. It's a coming-of-age story.

Which development are you wondering about? The romance shitflinging is just selfinserfags beging cancer. Romance doesn't serve any actual purpose to the story other than as a source of conflict.

Yes absolutely.
>>
File: IROAH or DEATH.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
IROAH or DEATH.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>
>>140922549
Coming-of-age stories is what this is. You grow up from your narrowminded shit thinking.
>>
>>140922824

No the romance is for another key lesson Hachiman needs to learn, that someone else outside of family could actually value him and hold him precious. That can happen in a close friendship without romance IRL, but this story is going to do it via romance which is one of a few possibilities
>>
File: 1421845502043.jpg (92 KB, 766x632) Image search: [Google]
1421845502043.jpg
92 KB, 766x632
>>140916054

>I'm supposed to self-insert as this edgy asshole
>he gets girls by doing literally nothing

Yeah no, immersion broken.
>>
>>140922725
The problem wasn't that he had no intention to get friends or a girlfriend, the problem was that he was performing self-destructive social behaviors and intended to cut himself off entirely.

Sensei put it pretty clearly in the beginning. He didn't need to like dealing with people, he just had to make sure to have the necessary skills to do so in adult life.
>>
>>140923086
Yukino for friendship and Yui for romance. A love triangle will just sour human relationships for him thinking no matter what he does bad things will happen.
>>
>>140922930
>You grow up from your narrowminded shit thinking

Damn so then most of /a/ haven't had their coming of age stories then?
>>
File: 1456874802329.png (290 KB, 486x688) Image search: [Google]
1456874802329.png
290 KB, 486x688
>>140922923
I AM AWAITED
>>
>>140923086
>Hachiman needs to learn, that someone else outside of family could actually value him and hold him precious.
Conflict

>That can happen in a close friendship without romance IRL, but this story is going to do it via romance which is one of a few possibilities
Source of conflict.
>>
>>140923114
doing nothing? The girls see positive traits of his that are below the dark cynical exterior. He cares for people, works hard on projects though bitching the whole while, has fascinating views on things even if some are bad or wrong or funny, can show leadership, can help even at community level.
>>
>>140923252
Romance for him has not been a source of conflict.
>>
>>140923264

Wow it's almost like he's an average person, yet I don't see girls swarming my dick for doing this.
>>
>>140923252
Sure there (probably) will be conflict because the romance BUT I'd maintain Hachiman would learn a valuable and badly needed lesson even if only one girl confessed with true feelings
>>
>>140923114
The only girls he "gets" are one with horrible self-esteem issues and guilt over getting him run over and another that he basically works like a slave for. Most don't want anything to do with him.
>>
>>140923323

I disagree that average person in high school does all those things. Leadership to level of straightening out two floundering student councils and acting like producer for community event?
>>
>>140923338

>self-esteem issues

I guess I'm supposed to believe that they're much uglier than they're drawn.
>>
>>140923338
Guilt? He chose to go after the dog. Not the dog owner's fault (she thinks of him as hero though) and not the passenger's fault. Not even the driver who felt bad and apologized though he got the car down to less than lethal speed fortunately.
>>
8man needs a girl to like him who isn't as fucked up as Yui and Yukino. Romancing either is a bad move and has immensely negative consequences.
>>
>>140923417

Yui has need to be in popular clique even if treated badly. That's a self-esteem issue. Yukino is a whole ball of inferiority complex even as she disguises it with superiority complex and default hostile interactions
>>
File: ea3a4a3b882cfaadfc1acb1beb982597.jpg (721 KB, 1122x1565) Image search: [Google]
ea3a4a3b882cfaadfc1acb1beb982597.jpg
721 KB, 1122x1565
SCANS FUCKING WHEN?
>>
You know what, 8man does not care about Iroha, the only thing holding is club's responsiblity
>>
>>140923334
You're not really addressing my point. Romance is the method they chose to drive the conflict, but the fact remains that it only exists for that purpose.
>>
>>140923464

everyone has problems, anon. There are no perfect people and everyone has phobias, issues, hang-ups, problems. these issues are rising to the surface in this story, and at least some will be dealt with
>>
>>140923545

So they go after a prick who won't give them approval?

Well now it's more believable, but also more sickening.
>>
>>140923649
Yeah but Yui and Yukino takes the cake together. Their bullshit comes as a package and whether we want to admit it or not shit will go down the second he chooses one over the other. Not even a sidegirl fag but Saki or Iroha would be better for him.
>>
>>140923454
What does your subjective worldview have anything to do with a fictional character's subjective worldview?
>>
>>140923582

He feels responsibility for her, even mentions that during "the genuine" while starting the request. He was very happy to see her finally starting to "be presidential" too during christmas event. He cares about his kohai
>>
>>140923664
Well yeah, that's why the entire love triangle is repeatedly shown as fucked up and the most likely ending is none of them getting together.
>>
>>140923464
Yui and Yukino would probably begin to mutually cut up each other's arms
>>
>>140923758

Story has a real world person who wrote it, who intended to convey worldviews of characters. The mind of the recipient and the view of that fictional world and characters worldviews are of course relevant.
>>
>>140923841
>Yui and Yukino would probably begin to mutually munch each other's carpets.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>140923873
This may come as a shock to you, but even in real life there are worldviews that differ from your own.
>>
>>140923664
>So they go after a prick who won't give them approval?
8man gives them approval on occasion.
>>
>>140923805
At the end of the day he wants both in his life but knows that he won't get them. Why can't he be friends with them?
>>
>>140923805

I disagree because monogamous penguins. Hachiman is going to get a girlfriend.
>>
Volume 12 never fucking ever.

Why does it take Watari an entire year just to finish his story?
>>
>>140924046
fucking seiyuus
>>
>>140924030
That was a red herring. If 8man gets a girlfriend it won't be a YY.
>>
>>140924002
He can. All he cares about is genuine, romance is not even on his list of priorities.
>>
>>140924046

oh maybe because working on two other anime, one other light novel series, live events and the "radio shows", a PS vita game and an OVA for this story.....but other than that sure he's been sitting on his ass counting the money
>>
ANOTHER proves there is no good and happy end with picking a YY.
>>
the amount of irohafag is too damm high.jpg
>>
>>140924106
>>140924030
Calling it a red herring is unnecessary. It was just a gentle way of showing them that forming a 3p was not feasible.
>>
>>140924106
If there is one thing that Japanese Light Novel covers teach us, it is that the MC always always gets the aloof, untouchable, elite, absurdly beautiful long haired girl pictured on volume 1.

quod erat demonstrandum
>>
>>140924263
How isn't it though? They all like eachother and care for eachother. Yui and Yukino aren't possessive girls and 8man can handle two.
>>
>>140924160
He needs to stop being lazy. Channel Kawakami and write so much material that production can't even keep up.
>>
>>140924288
>wrong as expected
>the most cliche ending possible will happen
Sounds legit.
>>
>>140923758
I don't think she really feels guilty over it.
>>
>>140924361
The title is about the journey, not the destination.
>>
So at the end of the day only 8man matters to Yui? That is horrible.
>>
File: g1.jpg (112 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
g1.jpg
112 KB, 1366x768
>>140924259
Isn't that a good thing, tho?
>>
>>140924326
OreGairu has always been about strategic timing in release of material, whether games with OVA or LN with anime. Releases will be scheduled and rationed, and the consumers will be kept hungry.
>>
>>140924515
Not at all, Yui wants to have the club and take 8man at the end too. But someone is going to get hurt, reality will be different.
>>
>>140924643
She got that in ANOTHER. Yui gets to date 8man and the club is fine. No one got hurt.
>>
>>140924321
For one, they all have shit they need to work out before romance is on the table. Disregarding social standards isn't very practical or realistic (same reason we can't get an imouto end, no matter how much 8man tries to claim it's his fallback). Yui's the only one in the group whose romantic inclinations aren't completely dubious. Overall them getting together actually serve any purpose within the plot other than making some otaku happy.
>>
>>140917045
>>140917085
Learn how to write a paragraph, dumb ass niggas these days.
>>
>>140924105

do you mean it's the fault of seiyuus,

or that he has sex with Soari on monday night, Nao on tuesday, Ayane on wed. etc.

If that's true I'd expect Soari in the rotation twice, moaning and panting and giving verbal abuse as Yukino on Monday and then Ayase on the weekend.
>>
File: 8man.png (854 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
8man.png
854 KB, 1280x720
>>140924542
We need to go higher.
>>
>>140924683
Yukino is swallowing hurt in ANOTHER.

Yui it is worth noting is already swallowing hurt in main series just for realizing Yukino also loves Hachiman.
>>
>>140924795
Based on Watari's gigantic kouhai crush he'd prefer Ayane if anything.
>>
>>140920368
Ironically, it's Easter for orthodox christians like me.
>>
>>140924874
>Yui
>realizing
How does this massive red flag keep going over people's heads?
>>
>>140924895
>>140924795
>implying he wouldn't take Nao every night because she's the cheapeast
>>
File: ____komachi.jpg (547 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
____komachi.jpg
547 KB, 500x500
>>140924895

attached: Watari's twitter icon
>>
>>140925000
Do you have picture of her being cheap?

*unzips fly*
>>
>>140924933
What red flag? Everyone knows Yui knows about Yukino's feelings in the main series.

>>140924874
Yukino helped Yui get 8man in ANOTHER. She isn't hurt.
>>
>>140925111
Yui is the single worst character at reading other peoples' emotions in the entire series, and she's pretty damn vocally self-aware about it too. I have no idea how you managed to get the idea she was anything else.
>>
>>140922923
WITNESSED
>>
>>140917045
>>140917085
>>140917141
I have no idea what any of this means. It is vague shit and I don't know how you people get so much meaning from this.
>>
>>140925394
Yui figured out that Yukino liked 8man after the infirmary scene.Not hard to do but she did it.
>>
>>140923170
Yup, so most of /a/ have their coming of age through gook cartoons.
Why do you think OMK is held such high regards?
>>
Since Yui wins in ANOTHER so flawlessly that means she will coast and win the main series.
>>
>>140926436
I see flaws in ANOTHER, there are dark foreboding shapes moving under the placid surface of the water.

I'm expect Yui in the main series will undergo a process not unlike a chicken at a processing plant.
>>
>>140926638
What flaws? Yui won him without opposition and Yukino helped her. Everyone is happy.

>I'm expect Yui in the main series will undergo a process not unlike a chicken at a processing plant.
Nope, WW will make Yui win for consistency. He didn't hurt Yukino in ANOTHER so he won't hurt Yui in the main series if Yui somehow loses.
>>
File: P_20160426_180116.jpg (1 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
P_20160426_180116.jpg
1 MB, 4096x2304
Only here to post best girl
>>
Iroha is the only reason I would bother watching this POS looking anime
>>
>>140925914
>Yui
>figured out
That's not how her character works. Also anime-original shit.
>>
>>140926965
>Iroha T-shirt
way
>>
>>140928006
wat*
>>
>>140926965
post a picture of the entire daki
>>
>>140916054
Should have made it into an eroge from the beginning, much autism would have been avoided and the board would be a bit better.
>>
Yuckyno a shit. A SHIT.
>>
8man doesn't like Yui or Yukino. If he did he could walk right up to one of them and ask her to be his girlfriend. He would have a girlfriend after that.
>>
>>140928908
It's not that he doesn't like them
He just has zero self confidence in himself and doesn't think that any girl would like someone as gross as him so he never bothers to try
>>
>>140922923
Is there a least a compilation of these, I've only seen 2 others.
>>
>>140929123
He should read their recipes. It would spell out a lot for him.
>>
>>140929123
Both Yui and Yukino have dropped him hints and look at him with those sort of eyes. He should know quite well that they have a thing for him.
>>
File: 1461216354744.jpg (2 MB, 3213x6000) Image search: [Google]
1461216354744.jpg
2 MB, 3213x6000
What does it mean that ANOTHER had a romance end with Yui and nothing bad? Does that mean there will be no romance in the main series with bad things happening?
>>
>>140925646
My dear lad, you may be suffering from some form of autism
>>
>>140929697
He doesn't know if they're just being nice or not and is too afraid to seek confirmation, so he just pushes his own feelings about it aside and tries to carry on normally. He's pretty badly burnt from his experience with Orimoto
>>
>>140928908
he does know he stops Yui's proposition because he realises what she means.
>>
>>140929931
He doesn't think Yukino is nice and he should know that Yui is sweet to him not because she is nice. He thinks she is an ideal on a pedestal, she is both strong and capable. He thinks Yui is a nice girl who is kind and fair.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.