[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I take it as a rule of nature that all American high schools
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Little Witch Academia Diana.jpg (198 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Little Witch Academia Diana.jpg
198 KB, 1366x768
"I take it as a rule of nature that all American high schools are ruled by a pack of snobs, led by a supremely confident young woman who is blonde, superficial, catty, and ripe for public humiliation. This character is followed by two friends who worship her, and are a little bit shorter".
— Roger Ebert
>>
>American
>>
>>140845469
>not American
>>
>>140845798
I think that's what he's saying.
>>
>>140845375
>Diana
>superficial and catty
>>
File: rlynigga.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
rlynigga.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>140845375
I went to a public school and I'm always so confused by this myth of a pecking order in high school.

Even the nerdiest kids in my school were friendly with the "popular" kids.

Maybe mine was the exception to the rule but most of us got along.
>>
>>140847298
Than you were not attending a true high school.
>>
>>140847298

It's a weird myth. I haven't met anyone that was popular for being an asshole. Most popupar kids were popular because they were friendly and fun.
>>
>>140847298
>Even the nerdiest kids in my school were friendly with the "popular" kids.
My Southern California high school was the same. Probably because the student body was far too large for any one particular group of people to dominate it in the stereotypical fashion you see so often in fiction.
>>
>>140847454

I don't know, some of the popular kids at my school were terrible assholes that everyone was afraid of.
>>
>>140847298
Mine as well. As a loner/outcast nerd I still regularly had "popular" girls and cheerleaders talking to me. It wasn't romantic or anything, but Noone really hated each other. Except for the wannabe gangsters who's families were all upper middle class.

But then again most the people in my school were all pretty wealthy and in a good part of the city. I'd assume if you get to different areas it'd be worse.
My cousin says her school is like the myth, but her school is on the border of a rich area and a shitty area, so there's a very noticeable class barrier.
>>
>>>/b/
>>>/s4s/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>140847298
The 'nerds' these days are the ones that have the highest likelihood of obtaining better jobs/going to college.

Unless you make it into the major leagues, there's less of a market for jocks. And there's tons of strong legal/illegal immigrants coming in, whom the jocks cant compete with, since did physical labor all their lives and at lower cost.
>>
>>140845375
>Diana
>American
>>
File: 1461641870164.jpg (107 KB, 850x645) Image search: [Google]
1461641870164.jpg
107 KB, 850x645
>>140845375
>ripe for public humiliation
Patrician fucking taste.
>>
>>140847298
My high school had snooty 'popular' archetype kids, but they weren't actually popular. They were just rich. There was a small group of other snooty kids who would mostly pretend to like them because they'd throw wild 'rich kid' parties or take their private jet to France or Hawaii or some shit for the weekend.

Our homecoming and prom queens were always some band girl, and for the most part everyone who wasn't a part of that tiny 'snooty rich kid' clique got along really well.

Well, except for the poor, black kids who were always getting into fights with each other.
>>
File: 1459231127920.png (96 KB, 275x352) Image search: [Google]
1459231127920.png
96 KB, 275x352
>>140847298
It was similar at my highschool
Popular kids were popular because they got along with nearly everyone and were generally pretty nice people.
Being smart was never looked down on, and the majority of popular kids were also the most academic

And this was a highschool in the deep south
>>
>>140847298
I have a sister 10 years younger then me. My experience was the same as yours. Most people were friendly and everyone got alone.

My sister claims that her entire experience at the same school ten years later was very caste oriented and clichey. So either things change group by group, or asshats get boxed together and no one wants to let them into social circles.

My sister is an asshat.
>>
>>140847939
It's Roger Ebert after all. His taste is legendary.
>>
Stop blogging about your high school experiences on /a/.
Bunch of faggots.
>>
>>140847298
The really popular kids were pretty nice. It was the insecure striver types one rung below them who were the asses.
>>
>>140848182
>stop shitposting on a Chinese cartoon forum

>>>/wizchan/
>>
>>140847298

Kinda same, except there was a group everyone called the "dirties" who were basically just a bunch of kids who looked greasy and like they didn't shower and wore Naruto headbands and tails and collars and fetish gear and were constantly pretty explicit with PDA in the halls. And even then they weren't bullied or anything, people just thought they were weird as a group and there wasn't very much group cross-over like with every other group.
>>
>>140847298
In the middle school the only people that were assholes or would bully others were low-intelligence human garbage with the lowest grades.
None of those people were able to get into even an average high school.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.