[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrepresented genres in Anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Jotaro.jpg (150 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Jotaro.jpg
150 KB, 1024x768
Any genres of anime you would like to see more of? What is your favorite genre which you hardly get to see enough of?
I'd like to see more post-apocalyptic or western anime made.
>>
Anime based on historical events that don't take place during Sengoku era Japan
>>
File: Rose of Versailles.png (317 KB, 810x1200) Image search: [Google]
Rose of Versailles.png
317 KB, 810x1200
>>140816364
Let's be fair anon. There isn't enough historical drama in all forms of media.
>>
>>140816284
Harem with only cakes and milfs.
>>
Yuri battle harem
>>
>>140816498
Because you need to actually study to do that shit well. And nobody does that. A pity.
>>
>>140816284

Honestly, I think you're right. It's the genre they should do more. I don't know why now nips seems to think that "ugly apocalypse" is dead and cozy apocalypse is the only way.

Aside from that, probably more space opera
>>
Psychological/Thriller/Drama, can't get enough of it.
>>
>>140819167

I'd say there is much of this actually. The point is: is it any good?
>>
>>140819371
Haven't seen many, but from all the ones I've seen they've been really good. Best example is Steins;Gate, and Re:Zero is going to get pretty crazy with the suffering and despair later on.
>>
>>140817334
Too bad Japan has shit taste and will never make it.
>>140817671
Any period piece set in Rome would be amazing, but Japs won't animate anything besides Japan which isn't a bad thing western animation should fill this gap but western animation is dead
>>140818183
>space opera
Which if done correctly is the GOAT genre but it requires a lot of episodes and great writing.
>>140819167
A lot of those exist already.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.