[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watch 70s kid-piloted robot show for some lighthearted monster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: zambot 3.jpg (207 KB, 720x644) Image search: [Google]
zambot 3.jpg
207 KB, 720x644
>watch 70s kid-piloted robot show for some lighthearted monster of the week fun
>children dying every other episode
>barely any of the cast survives through the final episode

When was the last time you watched a show that turned out to be a complete opposite of what you were expecting?
>>
Last week with Kyoukai no Kanata.

Expected some typical kyoani school shit and got cursed blood demons fights.
>>
Beheading Baboon
>>
I don't really believe you, it's like watching Nanoha or Symphogear or Vividred and being surprised at the lewds because you somehow thought it was for little girls

Zambot IS a kids show but it's notorious for its dark plots
>>
>>140798196
nigger go watch fucking Golion

the bad guys literally create blood rain using civilians
>>
File: 136463.jpg (89 KB, 567x742) Image search: [Google]
136463.jpg
89 KB, 567x742
>>140800183
Not nearly as notorious as Ideon. Most of Tomino's shows still fly under the radar. It's reasonable you can watch them without being spoiled to death.
>>
>>140800608
If it predates Victory Gundam and is made by Tomino, there's a good chance a good chunk of the cast will be dead by the end.
>>
>>140800324
>Zambot was for little kids
>Zambot IS a kids show

>>140800608
Still don't buy anybody finding Zambot and deciding to watch it without any knowledge of its contents
>>
>>140800808
The chances aren't that good if you consider:
Zambot
Daitarn
Ideon
Xabungle
Dunbine
L-Gaim
Zeta
ZZ

That's four shows with a huge kill count, four with a low and one in between.
CCA and F-91 behave similarly.
>>
File: 12440651.jpg (254 KB, 637x950) Image search: [Google]
12440651.jpg
254 KB, 637x950
>>140800849
I started it back in 2008 when Daitarn was getting subbed and I thought it would be similar.
I had watched Dunbine and the Ideon movies before so I wasn't completely taken by surprise but I knew nothing about Zambot itself.
>>
I never expected Layzner to turn into Hokuto no Ken
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.