[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is parasyte so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 23
File: IMG_20160428_035400.jpg (94 KB, 949x534) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160428_035400.jpg
94 KB, 949x534
Why is parasyte so good?
>>
The OP.
Not the full length version though.
>>
>>140796647
I really liked the first third and then it suddenly got boring and uninteresting, the ending is shit too, this seems to happen almost every time and is absolutely gonna happen with kabaneri
>>
Migi a cute
>>
>>140796647
Because it's an adaptation of 80's manga. Manga/anime were still good back then when they were still trying to make a good story. Unlike now, all they do is make story that pandering to otakus.
>>
>>140796647
The dubstep
>>
>>140798610
Implying Parasyte is not otaku-pandering, too.

I like it, but one has to admit that it's concentrated power fantasy fuel, with all it's "I'm a brooding, mysterious loner with a superpower that could fuck you bully up easily, but I'm only holding myself back, because I'm one of the few people who have seen the horrible truth about our society - a truth I'll never be able to tell my 10/10 childhood friend that loves me unconditionally."
>>
Worst girl got annoying after a while.
You know the one.
>>
>>140798610
Hahaha, I bet you know all about manga from the 10 that you've read. Parasyte is the otaku-pandering version of Devilman you pleb.
>>
>>140799009
>10/10
Maye, she is canonly pretty homely. The girl with princess fantasy was considered hot but she died.
>>
>>140800411
Totally forgot about the other 10/10 girl that chased his dick, too. That supports my point further.
>>
>>140800411
>canonly pretty homely
Is her character-design which is consistent throughout the entire series really non-canon? Fucking hell, you can't draw someone attractive and just say that they aren't. Pussies trying to have it both ways.
>>
>>140800411
Plain girls are the best, desu.
>>
>>140800411
>homely
Does that mean "ugly" or "not standing out"?

t. non-Anglo
>>
>>140800574
straight up ugly
>>
>>140800574
Usually a euphemism for ugly but can depend on context. Some people might just mean unimpressive, possibly even in a slightly endearing way.
>>
>>140800511
Actually you can do that fine. We assume that all anime girls are 10/10s unless stated otherwise, but itnshould be the opposite. We should assume average or slightly above average, but only the girls everyonr fawns over are truly beautiful.
>>140800528
Nothing wrong with them, she just is one.
>>140800574
Homely means plain and not standing out, not ugly.
>>
>>140800606
But she's so pretty in the anime~
>>
>>140800574
Depends on whether a Brit or a Yank says it.
>>
>>140800729
Her features don't seem as sharp as in the manga. I've never actually seen the anime, did they change everyone's designs?

I seem to remember her having thicker eyebrows, a more pointed nose, less rounded eyes and neater hair. Did MC change too?
>>
>>140800879
I didn't read the manga, so I don't know. Luckily, I autistically save images of all the girls in every scene, so you can judge for yourself.

I don't think I have an image of the MC pre-change, though.
>>
>parasyte
>good
Really? The worst I've seen in a while. It has nothin to do with the 80's or nowadays manga. Shit story is shit.
>>
File: Parasyte53.jpg (118 KB, 800x1243) Image search: [Google]
Parasyte53.jpg
118 KB, 800x1243
>>140801023
What the fuck, is that supposed to be main girl? Let me find an image. You can see them both clearly on this page.

This anime adaption upsets me, I'm not the biggest fan of Parasyte around but I think that the character designs were one of its biggest strengths.

>>140801097
Is that the semi-psychic delinquent girl? She seems a bit more on point. Headphones are wrong for the look though.

>>140801136
>why
>>
HUMAN BEANS
>>
ARE YOU THE REAL MIGI-KUN?
>>
>human bean the anime
>>
>>140801234
Shhh... loli is asleep...
>>
>>140801156
Nah, that's one of satomi's friends.

Also, those aren't headphones, but earmuffs.
>>
>>140801367

>>140801367
>but earmuffs.
Huh, I never noticed.
>>
>>140801193
how stupid was this homely female?
>confronting a man-eating monster
>alone
>with 0 weapons or plan
>causes school massacre
>mfw worst girl
>>
>>140801367
>earmuffs
Okay then.

Do you really have pics of every single character on the show? I can't tell who's who now. Was main girl any of them? I think that I can maybe see a vague link between >>140801156 and >>140800729.
>>
>>140801408
All those cute girls. ;_;
>>
>>140801521
And that's all the female characters shown, save for some purely background ones like this one.

>>140801442
>Do you really have pics of every single character on the show?
Probably, yes.
>>
>>140801629
>Probably, yes
impressive. did you find this show's designs particularly striking or do you always do this?
>>
>>140801442
>Was main girl any of them?
Yes, >>140800729 was the main girl.

Image related.
>>
>>140801442
Yeah, that's Satomi. Most characters received hairstyle updates at the least for the anime, which makes sense looking at the original 80's styles. The only thing that got me about the adaption was that cell phones were added, which is a pretty huge needle to open plot holes with.
>>
>>140801156
>Is that the semi-psychic delinquent girl?
Yes.

She was very popular.
>>
>>140800660
I think it originated from meaning having a 'homely wife' meaning she's so ugly you don't want to let her out of your home.
>>
>>140801269
I want to rape the loli till she is a sloppy, bloody mess.
>>
>>140801429
>how stupid was this homely female?
Yeah, this was an extremely stupid train of thought.

I also found it weird how she then simply asked him upfront whether he eats people.
>>
>>140801156
>This anime adaption upsets me
>Expecting modern anime to keep the same style of a manga that was finished 20 fucking years ago

This is why i can't take exclusive mangafags seriously.

Anyways the manga/anime ending was one of the most underwhelming shit I've seen.
>>
>>140802066
>Expecting modern anime to keep the same style of a manga that was finished 20 fucking years ago
Why not? Where the drawing techniques only written down on a sealed scroll which is currently floating on top of the Pacific in a bottle?

>ending was one of the most underwhelming shit I've seen
Yeah, that's why I tell people to read Devilman.
>>
>>140802040
This was another one of those extremely out of place scenes.

"Have you heard about this recent, brutal murder?"
"Oh, I've heard of it! I heard you were the first one there and found the bloody corpse! So cool!", she says with an excited face.

Literally autism. The inability to understand other people's emotions, i.e. the extreme distress of finding a minced corpse of a murder of someone he knew.
>>
>>140796647
I didn't dislike the show, but I was pretty disappointed. Maybe it was just how overhyped it was, but it didn't seem like anything special to me, or that great. Just a pretty good seasonal anime that I'll probably never revisit.
>>
>>140801923
Too late for that, anon.

>>140801663
>did you find this show's designs particularly striking or do you always do this?
I do it whenever I like the character designs a lot, which happens quite often.
There was something about the face shapes, eyes, noses and clothes I like a lot in Parasyte.
>>
>>140802289
Why do you think people rubberneck at car accidents, or watch televised news? They enjoy watching/ hearing of death and destruction. That isn't autism, that's the pinnacle of normalcy.
>>
>>140802244
>that's why I tell people to read Devilman.

>reading manga where horrible things happen to childhood friends
Not even once!
>>
>>140802813
Wish fulfillment is for cowards, Go Nagai pulled no punches and that's why he's one of the most influential writers in the game. You can't write a story about how fucked humanity's future is and then just wave it all away with 'as long as I have that feel when gf it'll all be okay.' The future is bleak, bleak and horrible. Parasyte used the premise for wish fulfillment, shameful, shameful.
>>
>>140799009
>I like it, but one has to admit that it's concentrated power fantasy fuel, with all it's "I'm a brooding, mysterious loner with a superpower that could fuck you bully up easily, but I'm only holding myself back, because I'm one of the few people who have seen the horrible truth about our society - a truth I'll never be able to tell my 10/10 childhood friend that loves me unconditionally."
This. I wouldn't mind so much if MC (can't remember name anymore) had been a good or interesting character outside of that but I found him dull and irritating - it didn't help that people had hyped him up to be a great MC so I was expecting a lot more than a good self insert.
Also almost all the other characters were complete shit too.
>>
>>140802893
>You can't write a story about how fucked humanity's future is and then just wave it all away with 'as long as I have that feel when gf it'll all be okay.'
You can write stories about how fucked up humanity's nature is without going full-edge overdrive 200% by touching childhood friends.

>The future is bleak, bleak and horrible.
That sounds like something a Gnostic (follower of the gnosis) would say and it would be wrong by just about any objective metric like worldwide violence, illiteracy, extreme poverty, et cetera - all of which have gone down dramatically in the past decades - you can find.
If you truly have such a bleak outlook on the world, you might want to read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Better-Angels-Our-Nature-Violence-ebook/dp/B0052REUW0

Give humanity a chance by believing in it, Anon.
>>
Migi was right.
>>
>>140803415
I don't think people are inherently bad or anything like that, more just ignorant to the point where we largely aren't much better than animals or children at thinking of the big picture.

Population growth is a pyramid scheme, we only reep the benefits as long as it keeps going, and the further it gets along the harder it will be to stop in a controlled manner and the more it will hurt if it falls apart, which it is bound to do someday sooner or later. Too many fucking people and everybody's acting like nothing's wrong.

>full edge overdrive 200%
If you think Devilman was harsh you should see Genocyber. Koichi Ohata/the writer(s) seem to have no faith in humanity whatsoever.
>>
>First half: 10/10
>Middle: 4/10
>Climax: 7/10
I watched the whole series over the course of a single day though and it's not often I do that, even with 13 episode shows.
>>
>>140798277
Both are good
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.