[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people find Giorno boring ? Is that a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 301x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 301x600
Do people find Giorno boring ? Is that a thing?
>>
Shit translation ruined a lot of the characterization and plot in part 5, but personally I still really enjoyed it.
>>
>>140789489
Isn't a new translation out yet?
>>
Yeah, he's boring as shit. Diavolo is just as bad of a villain.
>>
>>140788038
Even more boring than Jotaro.
>>
>>140790379
Jotaro was pretty good as a side character though.
>>
I always found his motivation to be pretty shit
>>
>>140790572
>I must become gangstar!
Yeah, pretty lame motivation. Mista and Abbachio and Narancia had wayyyy more interesting character than him.
>>
>>140790342
This guy gets it
>>
File: 1456383265805.png (305 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
1456383265805.png
305 KB, 500x451
>>140790269
>>
He doesn't get as much character development as the MC before or after him, and due to the shit translations a lot of the subtlety of the sparse character development he gets is lost. He's definitely one of my bottom ranking MCs from this series but that by no means makes him bad, I just like most of the others more than him. And he was overshadowed by most of the characters in his crew. The Japs love him though because he's the closest JJBA has to generic shonen twink main character. And him being DIO's son was so unimportant to the plot it wasn't funny, it was literally just an excuse to sort of bring DIO back because the Japs missed him so much in DiU. And Diavolo is an alright villain, he doesn't need much character development beyond wanting to remain anonymous because his schizoid tendencies have caused it to become all consuming, which the translation didn't convey very well. His personality and character have been dominated by his desire to rule like a king but not have to associate with people. He'd literally afraid of giving away his identity.

t. someone who read it in Japanese
>>
>>140788038
Nah that's Jotaro and Joseph
>>
>>140793444
I mean Jonathan not Joseph
>>
File: 1461336583836.png (90 KB, 505x427) Image search: [Google]
1461336583836.png
90 KB, 505x427
>>140788038
>
It was the exact same problem as Stardust Crusaders. Giorno got upstaged by the supporting cast. Bruno, Narancia, Mista, Abacchio were all better than him. Fugo a shit.
He only stuck around to wreck scrubs and sometimes he couldn't even do that right.
>>
>>140793473
>manliest JoJo
>archetype of Paladins
>rekt a vampire without Hamon
>put a son in a bitch in one go
>boring
>>
>>140790572
I HAVE A DREAM
>>
>>140790572
Do you have a problem with Martin Luther King anon?
>>
I'm not a fan of Part 5 and onward. The stands become stupidly niche and only function plot-wise because Araki puts his characters in spots where their power suddenly becomes useful.

BRING BACK VAMPIRES, BRING BACK RIPPURU.
>>
>>140793807
You'll get some people with this.
>>
>>140793772
Yeah, he died.
>>
>>140794131
Fair point, comment redacted.
>>
It didn't really feel like Giorno was the one pushing the plot forward, that was mostly a Buccelati thing. Would have been cool if there were more bonding moments between Giorno and the crew like there was between Gyro and Johnny.
>>
>>140790506
I agree about that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.