[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of Ippo? I finished the Animoo a month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: 51the_Dempsey_roll_by_Py.jpg (27 KB, 323x400) Image search: [Google]
51the_Dempsey_roll_by_Py.jpg
27 KB, 323x400
What did you guys think of Ippo? I finished the Animoo a month ago and haven't gotten to read any of it yet, but I had a lot of fun.
>>
!!!!!
>>
>>140783500
One of my favorite series. Great comedy and action, it's just entertaining.
Ippo's fights late into the manga drop off some, but they established so many characters that his fights sometimes aren't the focal point of the series.
Plus the artwork is still great
>>
>>140783500

It starts out alright, continually improves to "really goddamn good", stays there for a while, and then begins a long decline into "awful". Where does the anime go up to? Somewhere in his title defenses?
>>
>>140783694
I really enjoyed what the show had to offer, think the Manga is worth picking up or does it just kinda fizzle as a whole?
>>
>>140783732
His first title defense is the end.
>>
>>140783805

Okay, yeah, that's definitely a strong period. He has some excellent title defenses, but later ones start to lose something (that old veteran guy was great), and the SEA circuit fights are uniformly terrible, because they kind of stop being boxing. It's like there's no more depth to the sport so whoops have a jungle kid right.
>>
>>140783909
Sad. But, I might still give it a read if only for the enjoyment of the characters.
>>
>>140783500
Is the manga still "How to make Ippo Suffer: The Series"?
>>
reading it makes you want to kill yourself, don't do it; unless you just skip to the Takamura fights
>>
>>140784529

actually all the fights except the Ippo ones since Woli are good. Takamura vs Bison was fucking terrible thought.
>>
poor mans Joe
>>
>>140785270

other than that they're both boxing manga, they don't have much in common
>>
>>140785583
Thats because Ippo is the simplified version of boxing where (almost everything) works out in the end if you have enough oxygen and glorious japanese samurai blood. Basically Naruto: The boxing version.
Especially those Nakamura fights
>>
>>140783500
Friendly reminder to lurk for 2 years before posting.
>>
>>140785642
didnt joe lose half his fights?

No Boxer would continue pursuing a pro career after losing 2 or 3 fights.
>>
>>140784680
Woli was the worst thing George could have added to the manga. I seriously want to ask him if he regrets that shit or not.
>lol magic child with 0 experience in fighting anything
>world-class boxer without knowing the rules, fails to break any of them at any point despite having no understanding of them
>oh, but he's got flaws! Ippo can use them to his advantage to win!
>Ippo won, hurray! Unfortunately, Woli's fight with Ippo ironed out 100% of his flaws and he is now the perfect boxer
>Oh well, I guess that's life, there's absolutely nothing we could have done about that

Kind of agree about Bison, but I still think the fight was decent. Its only major flaw was the fucking thing with Takamura's eye. I still don't understand where the author wants to take it. There was no point in dragging it out for more than 2 arcs, and it's been like 4 now without a resolution to it, right?

Takamura vs Hawk is probably the best fight in the series, though. That shit was probably the only fight where I actually felt tense about the potential outcomes.

Ultimate wasted potential: Ricardo Martinez vs Date Eiji. That shit could have been dealt with a million times better. I feel like George just wanted to sweep that entire storyline under the carpet so that he could focus on Ippo.
>>
really enjoyed the first season of the anime, second and third season sort of declined in animation, entertainment and characterization
>>
Next season when?
>>
>>140783500
its one of my favourites. the dub of the anime is one of the few where i prefer english over the sub, all their voices match the characters and its done well. i love the manga and the characters, one of the few where i actually get engaged. i know its not some artsy hyper complicated psychological manga but i do enjoy it. the fight with woli and bison had potential but i felt as they were a bit too far. takamura never loses and thats his thing, but i felt that bison got way too many hits in.
>>
OXYGEN MY BOY
>>
File: 1442079398389.jpg (789 KB, 1432x2958) Image search: [Google]
1442079398389.jpg
789 KB, 1432x2958
I love it
>>
>>
File: muh counters.webm (294 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
muh counters.webm
294 KB, 600x450
>>140783500
>>
File: muh timing.webm (500 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
muh timing.webm
500 KB, 640x360
>>140791000
>>
>>140791049
>>
File: potato face.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
potato face.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>140791075
>>
File: Ippo shadowboxing.webm (872 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Ippo shadowboxing.webm
872 KB, 640x360
>>140791107
>>
>>140791075
>>140791107
>>140791132
Ippo is a big guy
>>
>>140791192
for miyata
>>
Pretty good.
Some great fights.
Inner Light is the greatest thing ever.
Good animation.
The characters have great chemistry.
The comedy is fucking killing me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrdUKXrQOw
>>
>>140783500
Love it as a manga. Even after all those years Morikawa can still makes his fights interesting.

The flip-side is: even after all these years, the most interesting fights are never Ippo's
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.