[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that the Ace Attorney anime is good but not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: april may's leg.png (350 KB, 856x457) Image search: [Google]
april may's leg.png
350 KB, 856x457
Can we all agree that the Ace Attorney anime is good but not as good as it could have been.
>>
>>140775302
I'd love to have a grape juice to go with some burgers.
>>
>>140775302
It's pretty entertaining, yes.
>>
>>140775302
I don't see how it could be better.

Granted, I didn't play the game, but I think this is by far one of the best game adaptations ever made.

I can only think of S;G if I try to think up better game adaptations, and that had even less gameplay than this.

The anime is only okay, but way better than I thought it would be.
>>
A-1 Gyakuten Saiban or Bones Gyakuten Saiban?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10069311

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znDzXLhFSow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIGHgrDOZiI
>>
>>140775302
It's fucking awful. The only thing keeping it from sucking is the source. It's like Capcom hand picked the worst possible team. Both the pachinko and game have better looking cutscenes. I hate that it has come to this.
>>
>>140776794
>Granted, I didn't play the game, but I think this is by far one of the best game adaptations ever made.
You didn't play the game, but you feel you can make an accurate judgement of it's anime adaption?
>>
File: 1460918918984.png (881 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460918918984.png
881 KB, 1280x720
>>140776794
>Granted, I didn't play the game, but I think this is by far one of the best game adaptations ever made.
>>
>>140775302
haha the surprise box meme, that one is super funny and original. good op
>>
>>140775302
>pretty bad animation (but not Denpa Kyoushi tier, at least)
>stale as fuck storyboarding with hardly any dynamic angles in dramatic or tense moments that could've made up for the lacking animation
>generic stock ost with 2-3 actual game tracks
>bad OP

And worst of them all
>didn't play turnabout sisters at the conclusion of the latest case

Good is going too far. Low end of mediocre at best.
>>
>>140777367
>>140777329
Just from the fact that it's good, and it's a game adaptation.

Look at all other game adaptations out there.

MuvLuv, Blazblue, Persona, Neptunia, etc.

All of those are pretty bad, and only watchable if you really enjoy the characters.

I knew very little about this series and I'm watching it like I would a normal weekly anime. In fact, I'm enjoying it about as much as Diamond is Unbreakable so far. That is a remarkable feat.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
>>140777690
I didn't watch the other game adaptations because I didn't play any of those games. As for Ace Attorney, it's decent at best. The anime captures the feel of the games, but the direction and pacing are bad. There's no tension during the courtroom segments, which are arguably the most important parts of the games. Furthermore, god knows why A-1 decided to make their own soundtrack when they are adapting a series with the best goddamn soundtrack, that is their biggest crime.
>>
>>140775302
of course /a/ would think this pile of garbage was "pretty good"
>>
File: Phoenix_wright_0017.jpg (84 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix_wright_0017.jpg
84 KB, 500x431
>>140775302
Considering I've never played the games I didn't know much about the source material so I had nothing to go on. I still find the show extremely enjoyable, maybe AOTS.
>>
>>140779041
>He isn't watching the better-filled thread that's talking about how shit it is while talking up its good points.
>>
>>140779004
>As for Ace Attorney, it's decent at best.
Yes, it's decent at best. That's better than 99% of game adaptations. I honestly don't think it's possible at our current level of technological advancement to make a game adaptation better than "decent" unless it has no actual gameplay. Maybe the Skynet figures it out after it takes over.

>god knows why A-1 decided to make their own soundtrack
I've never listened to Ace Attorney's soundtrack, but I still feel your pain, anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.