[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /a/ hate Arima? I mean I want Kaneki to survive but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Arima.jpg (215 KB, 800x1170) Image search: [Google]
Arima.jpg
215 KB, 800x1170
Why does /a/ hate Arima? I mean I want Kaneki to survive but at the same time I can't bring myself to hate Arima. I hope we get an explanation about why he is so much stronger than other humans, the only thing I've seen people say is that he might be a ghoul, or the one eyed king. but if Kaneki is the the true one eyed king than he shouldn't technically lose against Arima because plot armor? Right?
>>
>>140774754
He isn't a character, he's a trait.
>>
>>140774754
>why does /a/ hate a Gary Stu
Gee I fucking wonder?
>>
>>140774754
He wil die at the end of this arc.
>>
File: White Reaper Arima.png (256 KB, 450x371) Image search: [Google]
White Reaper Arima.png
256 KB, 450x371
>>140774906
>Gary Stu meme

Do you even realize how many anime have "Gary Stu" characters? A ton, if you hate a character for that reason that's like saying "Oh I hate 70% of any show that is popular" honestly at this point I think it's a hipster thing to say "I hate Gary Stu characters" just because everyone else on /a/ hates them.

If I listened to everything /a/ told me I'd have missed out on lots of great shit because they told me it was shit and it actually wasn't, I wouldn't take any advice /a/ tells me about a show, also it's better to watch and make your own judgement about a show anyway.
>>
>>140774992
I will never forget Pierrot for doing that to Arima.
>>
>>140775063
You don't like that FUCKING GOD LIKE CHIN, ANON?!?!!

Kek
>>
What is the Doritos meme about?
>>
>>140774754
/a/ isn't a hivemind. There's a lot of vocal hate towards Arima but some like him too. I don't hate him either but he's not exactly a character I like, I'm almost indifferent. My only slight attachment to Arima is because of how Haise feels about him.
>>
>>140774992
I wonder how Ishida feels about this Arima interpretation?
>>
I stopped reading :re after chapter 32 and I heard Kaneki got his memories back in chapter 53. It's the old Kaneki or a different personality?
>>
File: 032.png (421 KB, 860x1236) Image search: [Google]
032.png
421 KB, 860x1236
MS v2 is out. I wish they would be more careful with the details, though. When Kaneki says "I" in this page he's actually saying "I - Haise".
>>
File: Colored Kaneki.jpg (48 KB, 527x750) Image search: [Google]
Colored Kaneki.jpg
48 KB, 527x750
>>140775252
Old Kaneki, it's the original Kaneki from the first series before he turned into Haise.

>>140775311
I thought Haise's personality had become the submissive personality and Kaneki (which was the original personality) came back to the front, does this mean Haise's personality is still alive? And that Kaneki still remembers everything from the time that he was Haise?

Dissociative Identity Disorder is so fucking complex to understand, shit. Like I guess Haise and Kaneki have different memories but they both remember each other's memories and share the same body, I figured we wouldn't be seeing any more of Haise now that Kaneki has come back. Haise wasn't even suppose to exist in the first place, it was a personality that Kaneki created.
>>
>>140774992
Gary Stu normally applies to a protagonist. Normally there is more to it than being strong and/or intelligent.

So far Arima has been viewed as a mentor and a villain.

The reason canons hate him is he is more capable than a person should be.
>>
>>140775491
>The reason canons hate him is he is more capable than a person should be.

No people hate him because there's nothing to his character other than "Stoic strong guy" that's it, that's his entire character.
>>
>>140775407
I want Haise back. At least he got shit done
>>
>>140775560
>there's nothing to his character other than "Stoic strong guy" that's it, that's his entire character.
No doubt Ishida did this on purpose considering he felt to bring in the plot point that no one truly understands who Arima is, not even Kaneki. Therefore, not even the audience understands him.
>>
>>140775773
>Therefore, not even the audience understands him.

And so there's nothing wrong with the audience disliking the character for being shit, thus the OP gets his answer.
>>
>>140775861
Yeah, I'm just saying Ishida isn't just making his character to simply be the "stoic strong guy". There's obviously more to him, as there is to every one of Tokyo Ghoul's characters, but Ishida has chosen to not reveal it yet.
>>
>>140775491
>and a villain.
>Eliminating the world of human-eating ghouls with brutal efficiency makes him the bad guy

You're one of those faggots that believes the genocidal BBEG isn't so bad after hearing their sob story, aren't you?
>>
>>140775407
It's him but at the same time it's him as Haise specifically. Kaneki starts talking about how he feels about Arima, but then he starts talking about how Haise felt in third person, but it's not really a third third person narration, instead it's as if he was talking about a distant/past version of himself. Perhaps because the Kaneki that shared that living experience with Arima was another Kaneki and the whole thing must feel like some sort of out-of-body experience to him. If that makes any sense, but that's just my interpretation.

I don't think there's two of them or that Haise was created by his subconsciousness. A person's way of dealing with life comes from life experiences and choices, but the root personality traits within yourself also take part in the way you make those choices. Basically, Haise is literally Kaneki without memories but is still very much himself otherwise and it shows in the choices he made even without his memories of his previous life. So when he regained everything it's not like there's two of them taking over the body. Rather, the awakened Kaneki inherited all of Haise and together with his previous memories it all turned him into a different Kaneki altogether, since now he also has Haise's choices and knowledge to factor in.
>>
>>140775153
this
>>
File: Chin of God Arima.png (49 KB, 165x217) Image search: [Google]
Chin of God Arima.png
49 KB, 165x217
>>140775088

Best Arima, godbless studio pierrot
>>
>>140775127
his chin pointy like doritos chip

>>140778616
>>140774992
>>
>>140776076
isn't arima in on the whole v/kanou/ccg ghoul research conspiracy?
>>
Why do people keep throwing around Gary Stu when Arima clearly isn't one? Are these the same fucktards who think overpowered/dues ex characters = Gary Stu?
>>
>>140779178
We know almost absolutely nothing about Arima. Everything is pure speculation in regards to him.
>>
>>140774754
Arima is the only good thing left in tokyo ghoul, that whole haise and Q's thing is horrible.
Hope he kills everyone for good this time so we can end this shit.
>>
>>140775560
Except Arima is actually Sadistic and Massive, not Stoic and Strong? Get it right, senpai.
>>
>>140774754
Kaneki can't be the one eyed king cause eto told him to kill the oek (Arima).
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.