[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Opinions you have that other people shit on you for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: 10-light-ponders-death-note.jpg (50 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
10-light-ponders-death-note.jpg
50 KB, 704x396
>I liked episodes 26-37 of Death note just as much if not more than the first 25
>>
I liked all of Death Note and thought it was an intense, interesting and complex anime
>>
I like Dragon Ball Z.
>>
>>140772481
So did /a/ back in the day. But time moves forward.
>>
>liking episodes 26-37
>liking Death Note at all
come back in a couple years
>>
Dubs are better than subs for serious adult seinen shows.
>>
I'm liking BnHA this season and find that it being called the next Naruto a compliment by angry hipsters
>>
I think anime should be more westernized.
>>
>>140772435
Gurren lagann is an inspirational masterpiece
>>
I think Texhnolyze is a masterpiece while Lain is just okay. I know Lain is worshipped here for being incredible but I just couldn't get into it.
>>
File: Caska.png (118 KB, 444x389) Image search: [Google]
Caska.png
118 KB, 444x389
I think anime featuring little girls as the main cast is terrible and if you enjoy them, you're probably a pedophile.
>>
I think microbikinis are gross. I don't know how people can like that kind of fanart but whatever, opinions.
>>
Madoka is better than NGE

KLK was a very good show

Eren is not a bad MC
>>
>>140772435
You cannot blame other for shitting on your shitty taste.
>>
>>140772743
I agree. They just look bad.
>>
>>140772435
I don't like cowboy bebop, yet i'm listening its soundtrack practicly every day since 3-4 years
>>
>>140772435
there is nothing wrong with being chuuni or edgy
>>
>>140772705
and bersek makes you a fujoshit
>>
Are you ready?

/v/ get's more shit than it really deserves. Not just on /a/, but everywhere on 4chan.
>>
All anime based on light novels are terrible.
>>
>>140772435
>Madoka was the only good thing Urobuchi did
>The mid to late 2000's were the golden age of anime
>Takahata >>>>> Miyazaki
>>
>>140773153
How brave
>>
>>140772435
I prefer my women to be 21 and up
>>
/a/ has clearly tons of underage people and is just a containment board
>>
Aria is pretty mediocre.
World building is the least enjoyable aspect of anime, right behind plot. The most enjoyable are group dynamics and character interactions.
Puchi Puri Yuushi is best Gainax
Tamako Market (masterpiece) > Tamako Love Story (a good movie)
I'm the biggest Kyoanifag on this board.
>>
>>140773099
Every board is as shitty as /v/ but it's the most populous and took over /b/'s spot as the gateway to 4chim long ago, so shooing people back to it is just second nature
>>
>>140772587
What specifically do you mean? Do you mean more anime based on westerns like Bebop and Outlaw Star, or do you mean less teenage fan service and less Japanese humor stuff?
>>
Just finished watching Code Geass and I enjoyed it, is season 2 any good?
>>
>>140772513
Nice meme guy
>>
>>140772780
>>140773173

I can see why people shit on your opinions.
>>
Most SoL are boring as absolute fuck.

I only really liked Non Non Biyori because it's art was pretty.

I have never once laughed while watching a comedy anime.
>>
I want furry anime
>>
>>140773378
That's why I rarely express them.
>>
>>140773349
Yes.

Like, I understand why people shit on it and call it a trainwreck but honestly I didn't think it was THAT bad of a series.
>>
99% of all anime is shit and especially if MAL enjoys it
>>
>>140773438
I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet since they have a pretty sizable furry fandom over there. Kemono or whatever they call it.

Man Japanese fursuits look so doofy
>>
>>140773478
Brave were witchu gurl
>>
I wish I was never introduced to anime, especially at a young age.
>>
>>140773284
"World building" is super overrated everywhere. And of course characters are the most important part of any story. I'm right with you there.
>>
>>140772705
>>140772743
Agreed, kudos lads.
>>
File: shit.png (3 KB, 926x17) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
3 KB, 926x17
I'm still waiting for Daiz to finish Rinne no Lagrange S2. 1400 days and counting.
>>
>>140773598
autism
>>
>>140773539
I'd just like very anthrofied furry but not to the point it's just ears and tail
>>
I think you're all wonderful people and I cherish the ability to have discussions with you about the things I enjoy. I've never once been rude to anyone on the internet, nor have I ever expressed any negative feelings toward someones opinion.
>>
>>140772435
so you don't like death note?
>>
Legend of Galactic Heroes isn't a masterpiece but rather decent at best

Huruchi is mediocre.

Gungrave is on par if not better than Trigun

Kino No Tabi was boring as fuck and I only finished it so that I could say that I finished it.

JoJo Part 2 is my favourite part

Favorite Gundam is 00
>>
Spoonfeeding is okay
>>
>>140773598
Anon please give up. I beg of you. It's really, really not a good show.
>>
>>140772870
I don't know why would someone shit on this opinion
>>
>>140773700
I'm sorry, but unless Coalgirls' edits of the last few episodes removed Commie's FUCKING STUPID "Sweats Club" bullshit when the characters are LITERALLY SAYING JERSEY CLUB IN ENGLISH then I won't give up.
>>
/a/ isn't special, recommendation threads should be allowed
>>
>>140773646
>I've never once been rude to anyone on the internet,
You don't belong on 4chan
>>
>>140772997
I agree with this

>>140773684
and you can go shove a flaming stick up your ass
>>
I prefer watching dubs if the show is in a Western setting. Japanese feels remarkably out of place in a Western setting, doubly so if they do stupid shit like use Japanese honorifics.
>>
>>140772997
Keep it to yourself though, everyone is both in their head
>>
>>140773759
You misunderstand man. It's not that I'm for hugboxes or anything. I just feel like there's a better way to express a differing opinion than being rude to someone.
>>
>>140773301

that's not true, there are plenty of good boards
>>
>>140773744
Is the translation on netflix not good?
>>
>>140773872
Hell if I know.
>>
>>140773825
Being rude is expressive an no one expects you to take it seriously, throwing fuck between two words makes it easier to come up with sentences
>>
File: star driver.jpg (284 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
star driver.jpg
284 KB, 640x960
Everyone I've ever met who's seen pic related loves it, but I can't get past the tenth episode. This is literally the same shit over and over and over again. Slice of life school shit for 15 minutes, then a fight with recycled animations for five minutes, then MC kills the bad guy in one fucking hit, and it's over. There are no stakes in this show. MC never loses, it's not even a challenge for him. Nobody ever dies. There's no reason to watch this harem shit for more than five episodes. It shouldn't have 24 episodes.

But everyone I know acts like it's the holy fucking grail.
>>
>>140773881
Touche
>>
>>140773684
Agreed, but I mostly do it since autistic rage when I do is hilarious. This board literally encourages me to help people.
>>
File: kill yourself.jpg (42 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.jpg
42 KB, 500x344
>>140773284
>I'm the biggest Kyoanifag on this board.

Out of all the shit taste in this thread, yours is by far the shittiest. Congraturations.
>>
>>140773907
I respect your opinion, but will continue with the way I've done things for several years now. I'm not judging you either.
>>
NGNL was utterly great. i was on the verge of dropping anime in general, but it rejuvenated my interest in it
Overlord anime was the greatest disappointment, especially since the first episode got me hyped and started my venture into LNs. Sad to see it's infested by poor translations and shit. But i'm also studying japanese now and i can see how hard it it for a group to translate something. especially when there is no money involved in the process. or atleast until someone feel generous and donates.
>>
File: Trinity Seven.jpg (192 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Trinity Seven.jpg
192 KB, 640x960
>>140773913

Just watch this instead, the mc is pretty based.
>>
Your Lie in April was complete garbage.

Muvluv Extra/Unlimited/Alternative is one of the worst things to come out of japan and I hope it never gets an anime.

The only good part of Bokurano was the OP.
>>
>>140773950
>hates Kyoani
>posts Kyoani
>>
>>140773922
I don't understand how these alleged oldfags think that not giving sauce will discourage 'normies' from posting
>>
>>140773960
Have you watched Log Horizon? I found it enjoyable.
>>
>>140772705
No and yes.
>>
Waifu/best girl threads belong in /c/
Tits/ass/l-lewd threads belong in /e/
Sadpanda threads belong in /h/

There's nothing wrong with blogging threads once in a while
>>
File: vegans btfo.jpg (255 KB, 902x1339) Image search: [Google]
vegans btfo.jpg
255 KB, 902x1339
Vegans should kill themselves
>>
>>140773785

agreed, baccano is much better dubbed
>>
>>140772647
>but I just couldn't get into it
A shame, you seemed such an honest man.
>>
>>140774015
Here's one, normies is a legit word that you can use like normalfag and the ones complaining are honestly probably underage
>>
I like the Deen F/SN anime
>>
Knights of Sidonia was fun as hell.
>>
>>140772435
KyoAni is saving anime
>>
File: Faggit_degree.jpg (960 KB, 2338x1700) Image search: [Google]
Faggit_degree.jpg
960 KB, 2338x1700
>>140773153
>Baccano
>Durarara
>Haruhi
>>
I like most anime, even if it's regarded as shitty, I can find some form of enjoyment from most shows. I also don't take everything seriously.
>>
File: 1451785107596.gif (268 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1451785107596.gif
268 KB, 500x371
>>140774026
I love you Anon.
>>
I'll pick up a series, no matter how shitty it probably is, if it has any sort of monster girls (including cat or dog girls) or elves. This includes LNs and WNs.

>>140774131
>enjoying anime
>>
>>140774131
After 500 or so you will hate it all
>>
Diebuster is weak as hell other than the first reveal of an actual space monster
>>
I think Rihanna is not bad.
>>
The whole fate series is just boring as fuck and the MC in stay night is an ugly motherfucker. I streamed it with some people and ended up alt tabbing halfway into the third episode, this shit was so boring.

The monogatari series is really pretty but it's exhausting to watch and not worth the work unless you're one of the people the pedo-bait characters are pandering to.

Anime this season is total shit. Phoenix Wright is unfunny pandering to fans of the game, but even they don't like it because it feels rushed. Jojo is stupid as fuck, it's not even a good kind of over the top. It's just dumb as shit. Mayoiga isn't going anywhere. Kiznaiver is just Okada riding Trigger's coattails. And the rest is loli pandering and fujoshit pandering.

ANIME IS SHIT.
Every time my friends recommend me a series, I sit down and try to watch it and it's just SHIT. I haven't had fun with an anime series since Psycho Pass, and then a friend had me sit down and watch season 2 and that was SHIT, and the movie was SHIT.
>>
>>140773598
You're fucking retarded since he himself announced it's been officially dropped a year ago.
>>
>>140774255
Prove it.
>>
>>140774241
I want to throw you into a pit of /mu/ people.
>>
Romance is the worst genre.
>>
>>140774244
>And the rest is loli pandering and fujoshit pandering.

But that's objectively wrong for at least four shows. Methinks you probably should just stop watching anime if you hate even good shows this much.

I'm actually curious what you would classify as good anime though.
>>
>>140774244

You are being a contrarian troll. At least make it believable you fag.

Also

>names a bunch anime this season
>doesn't name Kabaneri

Blow you brains out.
>>
>>140774026
What about Daily Japanese Threads?
>>
>>140774244
Didn't you like Swagamoto?
>>
>>140774244
Kabaneri is sweet though
>>
>>140774308
It could be the best but nothing ever happens, they should fuck and the MC saves the world
>>
Mecha is by far the worst genre unless you're 11 or autistic. Only a child or an autist could enjoy recycled transformation animations, recycled attack animations, formulaic baddie-of-the-week plot structures, and shoehorned romance. There are exceptions here and there, but for the most part the mecha genre is full of shows that could have been completed in half a season, going on way too long.

>>140774308
That said, I can't help but agree with this guy as well. A year ago I loaded up on romance stuff and watched all of it. And it was all SHIT. Nothing resolved itself. The guy doesn't even kiss the bitch at the end. They barely hold hands. Shit's all 'implied'. These dumb gook writers dragged me through 25 motherfucking episodes of them teasing a relationship for an 'implied' ending. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>140772435
I think Asuka truly loves Shinji and I liked the second half of SAO S1.
>>
>>140774018
i did, but this is a thread about Opinions you get shit on for, especially on /a/
and if i remember correctly /a/ loved log horizon
and hated the second season because of how botched it was, which is generally what i think.
it's nice to see a series i like recommended on /a/ from time to time.

i might seem like i like SAO and other similar series but i actually don't those 2 series are just odd ones out. They did something that always gets me interested, which is involving politics into the plot.
There is a limit to how much a gimmick can be used. And well so far the three are going well, and i don't think i have to worry about them going bad any time soon. sad about NGNL though.
>>
>>140774477
Shino is best girl
>>
Nichijou and Toradora are total shit.
>>
I just thought of a few more:

I can't stand SOL. I think it's the worst part of anime, and ruins so many shows that could otherwise be good.

I hate the "cute girls doing cute things in environments that cute girls aren't normally in" trend that has been popular the past few years. Haifuri is the most recent example, but there's at least SOME hope that they might stop killing off the cast after sufficient """characterization""" has been done. If they do what is expected and have all the girls have magic moe armor then it'll be the worst of the trend.

Japanese comedy is atrocious, even the beloved shows like Nichijo, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and Nichibros, all three of which I dropped a few episodes in.
>>
>>140772435
Kill la Kill was awful.
Gurren Lagann was awful too.
>>
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is on my top ten
>>
File: 1458034783635.jpg (110 KB, 850x1189) Image search: [Google]
1458034783635.jpg
110 KB, 850x1189
Cute girls is the only thing that matters in anime. Plot is only for delusional edgelords who wont bother to read a fucking book
>>
>>140774336
I promise you I'm not being contrarian for the sake of it. And if I am, so what? That's the point of this thread.

I fucking forgot Kabaneri. That was maybe the one show I thought couldn't go wrong. Directed by a great guy. Music done by a great composer. Voiced acted by a talented cast.

And what do we get?

A TRACK ON TITAN

FUCK
THIS
SEASON

>>140774383
I do, but I can see it wearing thin in a few weeks if the show keeps up like this.
>>140774325
What are you enjoying this season? I'm actually very close to dropping anime as a hobby at this point, since I've only enjoyed the odd show here or there.
>>
File: desu~.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
desu~.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>140773759
now thats [pic_related]!!!
>>
>>140774510
I don't know who she is. I haven't watched S2 if it's where she's from.
>>
>>140774573
Try watching more than five anime.
>>
>>140774369
I don't like to go full "hurr all generals are bad", but if they have a more appropiate place to be, they should be there.

In the case of the DJT they belong more on /int/, /trv/ and of course /jp/ than they do on /a/.

I believe they create them here because /a/ has a lot more traffic and anyways anime and manga are parts of japanese culture. Not to mention there are people that use lots of WN/LN/manga to learn japanese, contrary to the other boards where the approach is different.

Basically my opinion is that they have indeed better places to be than /a/ but at the same time we can't just kick them out just like that. I guess they pass.
>>
I like GATE

GATE is descending down my top list because of OVERLORD
>>
I actually distance myself from people who only enjoy cute-girls-doing-cute-things SoL shows. Anyone who enjoys that kind of thing, I think, must be fucked in the head.
>>
I hate sao and akame ga kill. They're terrible
>>
>>140774573
Mine too, you're not alone
>>
>>140772543
I don't think dubs fit as often as you say, but generally I am open-minded about them as well.
>>
>>140774685
Both GATE and Overlord are pretty good anon.
>>
>>140774650
>/int/
May as well ban it altogether. I think this is the right place for it, because it encourages people to learn Japanese, and some of them may end up translating stuff for us.
>>
More obscure manga discussions and obscure manga rec threads on /a/
>>
I tend to drop 12ep series at episode 6-8, most of the time I don't regret it.
>>
Kabaneri isn't really that great so far, and people that think it will be better than Snk are utterly delusional.
>>
>>140774694
This post is 3edgy5me
>>
Welcome to the NHK is pretty mediocre. Watamote is a better black comedy about social anxiety.

The only good parts of Baccano were the parts on the train.

I enjoyed it, but Monster is kind of overrated. Tenma's pretty bland and annoying, and Johan isn't nearly one of the greatest anime villains ever. Grimmer and Lunge pretty much saved the show.

Elfen Lied is terrible show, but shows that bad come out every season. Mocking it feels like beating a dead horse.

>>140774734
That's far from uncommon
>>
>>140774734
Go guuuuuurl
>>
File: asada-shino.jpg (278 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
asada-shino.jpg
278 KB, 1024x768
>>140774615
Yeah she was in the first arc of the second season.
>>
Anime hasn't been good since 2012, neither has /a/
>>
Every kid I know who grew up with Adult Swim is hyped over this new FLCL shit, but I think it'll be garbage. Unnecessary overhyped garbage. The plot synopsis reads like fanfiction.

Trigger hasn't produced anything good, which is disappointing given the people who make up its company.
>>
File: hunter-x-hunter.jpg (306 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
hunter-x-hunter.jpg
306 KB, 600x400
Gon is a shit MC, Kurapika is better.
>>
Toradora is the best romance anime ever made while Golden Time is the epitome of trying to appear mature when its just a shitty written teenage drama. Also ghost Banri is a cunt
>>
>>140774734
Your bravery is beyond comparison anon.
>>
>>140772435
/a/nime fans are intelligent, nihilistic and have a wicked sense of humour.
>>
>>140774829
>Welcome to the NHK is pretty mediocre. Watamote is a better black comedy about social anxiety.

NHK is neither a comedy or about social anxiety so of course Watamote would do those better.
>>
>>140774211
Doubtful, because I'm not a moron who would watch something I didn't enjoy. I would just lift more and fish more.
>>
>>140774896
Sometimes you get tired of the same shit, which is what I was implying
>>
>>140774829
I never felt like NHK was supposed to be a comedy. Watamote feels like comedy about social anxiety in the same way "The Big Bang Theory" feels like nerd comedy. They're both laughing at the individual. NHK is depressing as fuck because it struggles primarily to place the audience in Satou's position first and foremost. The comedic value is secondary.

I agree with everything else though, especially baccano. I had a friend who hyped the shit out of that show and then it was just fucking boring.
>>
>>140774578
>What are you enjoying this season?

Kabaneri is my favorite, I've watched the first two episodes three times already, and am stoked as hell for the next. I've never got the "Attack on Train" comparisons, it has very little similarities to SnK in my opinion.

Joker Game is bretty gud/10. A bit slow for my tastes, but I am appreciating the mature atmosphere they've had so far so I am going to keep watching.

Kiznaiver is bad, but I do quite like the art so I am giving it a few more episodes to shape up. If the show stops taking itself so seriously then it might actually be fun.

Kurumokuro's mechs are shit, as is the CG, but I actually sort of like the dynamic between the samurai and the schoolgirl so I am interested for now. Plus I like that the whole "you're destined to pilot the mecha" was subverted somewhat, in that the schoolgirl is actually just the support and logistics person for the samurai pilot.

Re:Zero's 1A episode was one of the worst I have ever seen, but the 1B suffering made 1A totally worth it, and made me understand why 1A was so dreadfully generic and uninteresting. It was very much a bait and switch like Madoka, which I've always liked if I can stomach the bait part. This most recent episode was mediocre, but I look forward to the annoying MC suffering further.

Haifuri is shit, but I am hoping people will start dying soon so I am still watching

Leluco is fun when drunk, but painful when sober.

>I'm actually very close to dropping anime as a hobby at this point, since I've only enjoyed the odd show here or there.

I've actually done that several times over the past eleven years of watching, then after half a year I'll discover a show that rekindles my love. Rinse, repeat, and become more and more jaded over time. If you don't enjoy anime then there's really no reason to keep watching, at the core this is meant to be an enjoyable pursuit. Maybe try finding a hobby or some other media you like.
>>
"Healing anime" is trash. If Tamayura is some of the best it has to offer, then I am dissapointed, it's super generic and only its theme of reconnection with deceased father had any merit, I wish it was executed in another way because it's a good theme, but I liked how it's done in Tamayura only 5 minutes of it.
>>
I don't care about dubs or subs, as long as I understand what they are saying I am okay with either.
>>
This is divided but evangelion is boring and uninteresting
>>
File: Dark Elves.jpg (1 MB, 4111x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark Elves.jpg
1 MB, 4111x1080
>>140772435
I honestly believe that elves are ok as a race. But I also honestly believe that dark elves are ONLY for love, procreation, handholding, and everything that people do to show their love, without the ntr and rape shit
>>
>>140774787
You have a point. And like i said, we've got lots of people interested in learning japanese because they want to consume /a/ related material. So looking at it from that perspective they do keep on subject.
>>
>>140775003
What show is this from?
>>
>>140774978
Sometimes there are subtle differences in way translation is presented that make up for a better experience.

In second episode of Kino no Tabi when Kino shows off her ring in subs Hermes says
>It doesn't look good on you

But in dubs
>It's not you
Which I find a better version in this case.
>>
>>140775041
Darke Elves
>>
>>140774959
>Kabaneri is my favorite, I've watched the first two episodes three times already, and am stoked as hell for the next. I've never got the "Attack on Train" comparisons, it has very little similarities to SnK in my opinion.

Alright so here's what I got from just the first few episodes.
>both shows involve characters living in walled in cities
>both the walled in cities exist to keep mankind safe from monsters outside
>the monsters outside both eat people
>MC uses a steam mechanized weapon to kill said monsters, which are notoriously difficult to kill
>MC "dies"
>MC lives and becomes like the monsters he's fighting
>both shows have the same director
>both shows have the same musical direction

I'm not gonna let it stop me from enjoying it if it turns out to be good, but there are some obvious similarities. There's even one shot of the villagers looking out through a busted up wall, where a shitload of kabaneri are waiting, that looks JUST like the opening scene from episode one of attack on titan.
>>
>>140774935
Well, I'd just stop then. I agree with you that it's likely to happe. eventually, seeing as I've only seen ~300 series through, but I'd never keep trying to entertain myself with something I didn't enjoy. That's why I don't get how everyone is always so mad and angry at every show, just don't watch it and do something else.
>>
>>140774274
http://underwater.nyaatorrents.org/?view=summer-2014-status-post

>And while I'm at it, let's officially drop some other things too. You can consider Eve no Jikan (DVD), Nyarlko S2 (TV, and no, not Nyarlko W, the actual Nyarlko S2), Hellsing OVA (DVD), Ichigo Mashimaro Encore (DVD), Kanamemo (DVD), Kodomo no Jikan OVAs (DVD), Naisho no Tsubomi (DVD), Rinne no Lagrange S2 (TV), Saki S1 (DVD) and Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra (TV) to be all dropped, and the same goes for any other promised things that were never even started, so you can all stop bugging us about them now.
>>
I feel really sorry for japanese people because of the way their work culture is.
>>
>>140775041
NIPPON STRONK AND BEAT ALL THE CHINKS, BEARS, AND CLAPISTANIS the Anime.
>>
There is nothing wrong in not making sense story-wise as long at it leads to good action in action-priented anime.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 101x101) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 101x101
>>140775041
gate

although google image search seems to think that I searched for this image
>pic related
>>
>>140775041
Boku no Pico
>>
>>140775069
Well that makes sense. Thank you anon.
>>
>>140775077
I can see where you're getting that, but I feel like none of that is unique to SnK in any way, and has been done quite a bit in past anime. Really the only one that I haven't seen done before aside from this and SnK was "MC lives and becomes like the monsters he's fighting". But I also dropped the SnK manga pretty early on and only watched the first three episodes of the anime so maybe I missed some of the more glaring similarities.
>>
>>140775084
I barely watch anime, you got me
>>
>>140775167
Oh I was rused? I am such a gullible retard.
>>
File: img000013z.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2872) Image search: [Google]
img000013z.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2872
I love TL/editor comments even if they're dumb as fuck or distracting
>>
>>140775077
DELETE THIS!

>seriously though, god damnit.
>>
>>140774975
Tamayura is one of those anime where you have to slowly get close to the characters as the series progresses. I didn't start loving it until episode 6 or 7. The theme is more focused on achieving your dreams after awhile as well. Iyashikei in general tend to be slower than other SoL.
Try Mushishi or Natsume Yuujinchou.
>>
>>140775084

I seen close to 300 anime, most of the classic and the great series by even the contraians but the way I see is that once I get bored if it then I will stop for a very long time. Not a couple months or a year, I am talking about 5 if not 10 years then maybe come back. Anime just takes too much time and I got goals I want to take care of.
>>
File: 1461560115283.jpg (72 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1461560115283.jpg
72 KB, 600x800
>>140772435
Black Lagoon is shit, it's art style is pure fucking ugly and it's characters are edgy, it takes itself too seriously while doing silly dumb shit and it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>140775194
Heh
>>140775084
I keep coming back but dropping everything
>>
>>140775094
It's really no wonder their young people are fleeing the country as soon as they are able.

>>140775204
Same. Whitepod's comments always make me smile even when they're completely stupid.
>>
Eren has feelings for Mikasa.
>>
GATE is boring 95 percent of the time.
>>
File: nip bait.jpg (71 KB, 594x595) Image search: [Google]
nip bait.jpg
71 KB, 594x595
>>140775267
>>
>>140775267
it also manages to be boring as fuck despite being loaded with edgyness
>>
>>140775215
Those episodes have been out for weeks by now. Sorry if I spoiled something for you though.
>>
>Megumin is overrated, Aqua was better.

>There is nothing wrong with being an otaku.

>If you only watch one kind of anime your taste is automatically shit.

>Theres nothing wrong with melodrama in anime, not all drama should be realistic.

>Traps are overrated shit

>Shinsekai yori was boring as fuck.

>I couldn't take Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku seriously, it didn't feel like an actual war with child solders and the villain was too cartoony.
>>
>>140775309
That's honestly my opinion
>>140775321
Yep. Nazi arc made me fucking tired while also pissing me off
>>
>>140775077
The art in Kabaneri is way better than titan though.
>>
I tried to watch Bakemonogatari like 3 times (and always ended dropping it) 'cause there's so much text in every fucking episode that it becomes painful to keep watching
>>
I liked Strikers more than Nanoha and A's
>>
File: 1428470465286.png (239 KB, 550x633) Image search: [Google]
1428470465286.png
239 KB, 550x633
>>140772435
Hyouka is one of my favorite.
>>
>>140775344
Agreed with all of this except for the part about traps.
>>
I think Toriyama is a faggot for killing of Gohan's character when he grew up.
>>
>>140775331
I was just joking around, I never made all those connections about how similar the plot points are until you pointed it out. Seems really obvious now.
>>
This current decade of anime is shit. Half the protags are these lackadaisical dumbasses with the same damn messy black hair and they all look the fucking same.

Half the shit out there uses this stupid post-K-ON art style and I'm getting really tired of seeing it everywhere.

Anime sitcom bullshit (AKA slice of life) has taken over, and aspects of it have wormed its way into everything. Now, every show has the same damn tropes seen in all this shit. I understand that post-Ushio and Tora Shonen Sunday comics and the old Sailor Moon anime are good stuff, but there's no need to try and shove that into everything. There's also the fact that all the material tries its damnedest to adhere to these K-ON-esque archetypes.

Idols are fucking everywhere. This needs to stop.

Gen Urobuchi is only good either when he's allowed go insane or has to tries to work within someone else's style. This lighter style he uses in Madoka and Psycho-Pass and all his other recent stuff just feels very boring and generic like a bland Hollywood summer action thriller.

Too many adaptations. I wish there was more original stuff, even if it's aping some of this stuff I hate. At least then we'd have a creative team working on something they could put some of themselves into.

G-Reco was the best anime to be made in years, and I'm still baffled by the tremendous negative backlash it received. I can only assume that people's brains have turned to much from all the boring-ass light novel shows with the massive exposition dumps they've watch, and thus were unable to keep up with the pace. I do admit that every line in the show is jam-packed with info, but everything was always quite clear. This isn't Brain Powerd. I love that show, too, but I openly admit that it can be quite confusing.

Spoonfeeding is great, and the more people get mad at me for doing it, the more I want to do it.
>>
>>140775353
It isn't that much better. Also SnK's art was somewhat limited because it had to adhere to the source material, which really did have utterly terrible art, especially at the beginning. SnK's story and setting are much more interesting to me though.
>>
>>140775426
>Idols are fucking everywhere. This needs to stop
They're good for my boner though.
>>
>>140775077
The monsters in kabernari don't really eat them though, they just bite them and change them
>>
>>140775375
that was my favorite thing about gatari
>>
>>140775353
Apart from the moneyshots it's pretty lame
>>
File: chang.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
chang.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>140775345
>That's honestly my opinion

I honestly don't know how you can think most of what you think. Boring how? Nearly every episode has something exciting in it.

It's only serious like fifty percent of the time. The rest of it is dumb shit like the slow motion shot of Revy screaming "RPG!" while jumping over a couch. Or shit like Revy and Roberta beating the everloving shit out of each other while everyone watches, laughs, and takes bets. Your own complaint contradicts your complaint in the same fucking sentence.

The art style is subjective, but it's certainly not bad at all, unless you hate a dash of realism in your character designs. The only bad thing about it is the stock "crazy bitch grin" that all the women get during action scenes.

I legitimately don't understand how you think any of this, seriously.
>>
SAO is as bad as most people make it seem to be, and is vastly hated just because it became popular. It's really not worse than most stuff that air every season.

Also, generic LN adaptations are fun and I wish Japan never stops making them.
>>
>>140775401
>>
>>140775401
its a perfect 10 in my book
>>
>>140772435
I think yuribait is the greatest cancer of the industry and I don't understand why it hasn't been purged yet. You either go full yuri or you don't.
>>
>>140775426
>Spoonfeeding is great, and the more people get mad at me for doing it, the more I want to do it.
Please leave
>>
>>140775426
Anon your opinion may be shit but it's common as fuck.
>>
>>140775485
I wasn't the one who originally said it was boring, but it's a pretty good point.
>Exciting
Subjective. Seeing edgy retards do dumb shit in all seriousness is annoying, not excting
>dash of realism
Exactly, looks like 3DPD, and the worst kind

You know that bit in Commando where Arnold is running around a field and shooting everyone and nobody can hit them? Imagine if they took that scene and made it as gritty and serious as Saving Private Ryan
while having characters that rival Elfen Lied in edge
And everyone was ugly
That's Black Lagoon, and I hate it.
>>
>>140775426
Fuck, I wrote a lot. And I'm still not done.

All this digital animation typically looks worse than cell animation. I understand that this is due to the simple fact that it's far, far easier to be lazy and churn out something that looks okay in digital than it is in cell, but the quality needs to step up. I don't know what the solution is; maybe animators need to be payed more, or maybe the animation director just needs to walk around with a bullwhip, but it needs to improve. It's definitely better than it was during the 2000s, but it's not there yet.

Speaking of art again, I'm sick of how everything looks like it's been wrapped in plastic in today's anime. I want some grit.

And just to clarify, I can usually find stuff from every decade of anime to like, but this current decade is quite a bit dryer, even when I adjust for the fact that it's not yet over.
>>
>>140775627
nobody can hit him*
>>
Really popular shows that attract normies are usually pretty good unsurprisingly.

Legitimately having a waifu, and not just a favorite female character is weird as fuck, and you should seek help.
>>
I don't like it when people like things i don't like and i want them to stop liking them
>>
>>140775667
99% of cell animation looks like shit, the 1% is etched to your memories which is what you compare to the modern equivalent of the past 99%
>>
>>140775627
It was like a cliche american action movie in anime format and seemed stale because i was already bored with the tropes it fell into
>>
>>140775703
>implying that hasn't become the foundation of 4chan
>>
/r/anime is pretty decent if you want to take a break from /a/ for a while.
>>
>>140775457
Keep it to the doujins, or at least add some fat ones. Or sub Idol Tenshi Yokoso Yoko.

>>140775551
Why are you so against spoonfeeding, anon?
>>
File: 1461003551832.png (706 KB, 669x640) Image search: [Google]
1461003551832.png
706 KB, 669x640
All of the threads I'm regularly in this season are super tumblr and I can't tell if it's ironic or not and I'm too scared to ask. Because if it's not, how the hell did they all get here this quickly, and if it is, why are they all acting like morons all the time.
But despite that I do think this season is really good. I think I just miss the RnY threads, they seemed to strike a good balance between best girl fights, actual story discussion, and gay.

Also Kumamiko is total pedophilic shit and people should feel bad for liking it.
>>
>>140775793
No, it is not, but go there you fucking underage shit
>>
>>140775344
>Shinsekai yori was boring as fuck.

Explain further
>>
>>140772435
there is no such thing as right and wrong, even if a god said there was. He's just as much an entity as i am, regardless of the fact that he created the universe or whatever
>>
>>140775667
I think Chargeman Ken looks miles better than the average anime from today.
>>
Free would be decent if it just stopped being about nothing and just hardcored the gay up to 11. It was practically advertised as BL it should at least have the balls to go there.
>>
>>140772435
Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Super is better than DBZ
>>
>>140775831
What is there to explain? something being boring is pretty subjective. I really tried to like Shinseaki yori but couldn't make it past 11 episodes, its bored me to death and I always had to force myself to watch it.
>>
>>140775793
Their episode discussions can be pretty good, but really most of the other submissions are really bad usually. Also they've slacked off on not allowing rec threads which is fucking annoying as hell.
>>
Steins;Gate is shit.

The entire Fate series is fucking overrated trash, yes even Fate/Zero, and I have no clue how it is so popular.

The entire Muv-Luv series was a complete waste of time. It was not worth plowing through Extra and Unlimited just to get through the shitpile that was Alternative.

Gurren Lagann sucked.

Umineko was my favorite thing to come out of Japan, and I personally thought Chiru was better than the first four arcs, by far.
>>
Steins;Gate was good, but not the masterpiece people think it was.
>>
>>140775866
Read the manga you retard
>>
>>140775853
Meant for >>140775750
>>
Trapfags/Boipussy/fuccboi faggots have gone too far and they deserve to be purged
>>
>>140775831
I ended up loving it but it's obvious why it bores people, it's very slow to develop and focuses on world building/atmosphere more than anything else for quite a while. Also, the main kids were not very engaging characters.
>>
>>140775876
I love the anime, but it really was pretty boring. IMO the end justifies it but I was close to dropping it like you several times.
>>
>>140775913
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>140775866
That is a perfectly respectable opinion to hold.
>>
Ever since the bath scene in Kill la Kill which I felt was unnecessary and the many yuri scenes that followed, I've been adverse to yuri and lesbians in anime.

This is a mental hurdle I need to get over badly.
>>
>>140775886
well i know Muv Luv is long as fuck but im planning on reading it. Is it really a waste of time or just trolling?
>>
Penguindrum was better than Utena
>>
I think a Linda Young voiced Frieza would have worked just fine with a better script and directing.
>>
Madoka is the pinnacle of anime. It will literally never get better.

Rebellion was utter shit and completely unnecessary.
>>
>>140776044
Alternative is fantastic but you have to get through the previous garbage to get to it. Think of it like After Story in comparison with the rest of Clannad.

>inb4 implications and shit
>>
>>140775400
I haven't seen Strikers and A's, but the first season is honestly one of the worst shows I've ever seen. It almost made me swear off the magical girl genre.
>>
File: take a hike.jpg (700 KB, 1640x1200) Image search: [Google]
take a hike.jpg
700 KB, 1640x1200
I enjoyed Kimi no Iru Machi. I love all of Seo's works.
>>
>>140776044
I'm not trolling, I really didn't like it, I think people overhype it too much and I didn't get much out of the series in general. It had its 'shocking' moments and all, and the soundtrack was alright, but it was just a fucking slog to get through, and the ending leaves a bad taste in your mouth. It's not worth your time, even if people hype up Alternative, desu.
>>
>>140772435
Hitler isn't as bad as everyone says he is.
>>
Idolshit is the cancer killing anime.
>>
>>140776166
Bush was worse
>>
>>140776166
That's not really so unpopular around here. It is wrong though.
>>
File: your taste is shit.png (9 KB, 347x42) Image search: [Google]
your taste is shit.png
9 KB, 347x42
>>140775627
Damn, I never thought I'd see the day where somebody on /a/ would unironically hate Black Lagoon. Also you clearly have no idea what "edgy" means, just stop using that word.
>>
>>140776117
thank you i hated fate and i dont wanna waste time on another VN with long boring parts
>>
FMA is the most boring anime that I've seen.
>>
>Subs are rarely noticably better than dubs atter 2008 or so
>CGDCT and SoL some of the worst genres anime has to offer
>KyouSaya is a forced, fan service pairing made worse by the fact their interactions happen off screen.
>>
>>140776238
Which FMA?
>>
>>140776165
This is exactly how i felt about the Fate series in general
>>
>>140775426
>>140775667

This post is great for the most part, aside from spoonfeeding (barring legitimately unsearchable/unfindable things) and G-Reco. Overall 8/10 would watch anime with.
>>
>>140776311
>>
I drink 6 pots of coffee a day and sleep about 2 hours every night. I'm 38 and haven't interacted with anyone who isn't a store clerk in over a decade.

Sorry for blogging.
>>
File: 1460929233670.png (145 KB, 381x423) Image search: [Google]
1460929233670.png
145 KB, 381x423
Kumamiko would be a feel-good masterpiece if it just focused on being a comfy anime about a girl and her bear friend instead of being lewd as fuck.
>>
>>140775866
>Dragon Ball
Yes
>Dragon Ball Super
No, but I can see how you came to that conclusion.
>>
>>140776238
first FMA was enjoyable despite following different route. Brotherhood was goofy and undewhelming in comparison with out of place houmor
>>
File: 14473487238904.jpg (431 KB, 704x593) Image search: [Google]
14473487238904.jpg
431 KB, 704x593
I love Oreimo
I love SamFlam
I love darker than black
I love Eureka 7
I dislike the Eva anime, the manga is great
I dislike Mirrai Niki
I dislike SoL comedy anime
>>
File: 29.jpg (113 KB, 684x1050) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
113 KB, 684x1050
>>140776151
If this is real then it's the best confession in this whole thread
>>
>>140776188
so are tripfags
>>
>>140776325
Aw, shucks!

>>140776368
>six pots

How's your heart/colon doing?
>>
>>140776433
I haven't watched Brotherhood considering that I didn't like the first one, but it's in my backlog.
>>
Index is better than Railgun because of my boy Touma
>>
>>140776625
you may as well try it and see
>>
>>140776555
>How's your heart/colon doing?

No idea whatsoever. I haven't been to the doctor since I was a kid. I'm not overweight and I feel healthy enough.
>>
I really get tried of /a/ labeling anything with male characters fujoshit, I think people who spam that shit are either memesters or homosexuals.
>>
File: 1460523526846.jpg (404 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460523526846.jpg
404 KB, 1280x720
>>140776188
Idolshit is saving anime.
>>
>>140776635
The best Touma we've seen animated so far was the one in the sister's arc of railgun S though
>>
File: homolust.jpg (2 MB, 1500x945) Image search: [Google]
homolust.jpg
2 MB, 1500x945
Jojo is in fact bara disquised as an anime for manly guys doing manly things
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.