[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
even though she was dumb as hell and ruined death note as a semi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Misa_amane.jpg (26 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
Misa_amane.jpg
26 KB, 353x353
even though she was dumb as hell and ruined death note as a semi good series she's still extremely likeable
>>
Death Note would have been way better if you removed all female characters except that first girl Light killed
>>
>>140758855
no, continuing after the death of L ruined it
>>
>>140758912
>removed all female characters

/pol/ plz
>>
>>140758951
Ohba can't write female characters for shit, same with Bakuman
>>
>>140758951
or /y/
who knows
>>
I was expecting her to be the one that finally betrayed Light. It seemed likely to happen once Light started courting that other girl. It would have been funny if Light's undoing wasn't someone finally getting a step ahead of him, but was rather him being betrayed by a person he had trusted.
>>
>>140758855
> dumb as hell

I actually wouldn't go that far, though I doubt many people on /a/ would agree. She's not massive intellect book smart like Light and L are (and therefore in the context of the series, treated as useless) but she's fairly sly and knows how to work around people.

Basically, when people downplay her as stupid and useless I feel like they're forgetting how she twisted a confession out of Higuchi (and other things I don't immediately remember).

>>140758912
>>140758951
Not agreeing, but whatever it's worth, Ohba/Obata are pretty blatantly sexist. It shows in most of their work and the very, very few times they've agreed to talk about their work.
>>
>>140759059
> implying light ever trusted misa and didn't see her as a tool to be used at most and a liability at the more likely scenario
>>
>>140759044
actually he writes quite well but it is from japanese point of view; weak, stupid and good for nothing females
>>
>>140758855
>ruined death note as a semi good series
>H-Hey guys! D-Do I fit in yet? Look how hard I'm trying!

Her total screen time was like 10 fucking minutes. She had a minimal role aside from doing what Light told her to do
>>
>>140758855
No, post L stuff ruined DN.
I get the author was against the death penalty and wanted people to dislike Light and see him as the villain, but if you wanted him to lose he should ahve lsot to L. Not a fucking child.
>>
>>140759204
Pedantic, but Near was 17~18 by the time the Yellow Box Warehouse standoff happened.

And technically speaking, he didn't really lose to Near either. Near was a hair's length away from death and taking the entire SPK with him. The only reason he survived was because of Mello/Mikami's fuckup.

I forget whether it was Ohba or Obata, but one of them said that Light was personally so thorough and meticulous that he would never be able to sabotage himself, so the mistake would "have to be made by someone else" (i.e. Mikami).
>>
>>140759131
>Source: my ass
>>
>>140759500
A mistake that shouldnt have happened, but did anyway due to the author wanting him to lose.
Also
>Pulling out a hidden note in front of everyone
>>
>>140759715
Yeah, true, if you're looking from that perspective. Can't argue that.
>>
She was okay when her mouth was closed.
Goddamn hirano
>>
>>140758855
I agree to be honest. I get that Misa was annoying as fuck but I just couldn't hate her. And I was trying my hardest to find reasons to hate her.
>>
>>140758855
No, everything about her character is far too convenient for Light, I think the author was desperate.
>>
>>140759683
I've read many animes and watched much mangas
>>
File: 1431356665778.jpg (58 KB, 409x513) Image search: [Google]
1431356665778.jpg
58 KB, 409x513
>>140761134
>animes
>mangas

I know you are merely pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>140758951
does /pol/ really have that reputation? I thot that was /r9k/
>>
Wasn't it implied that she suicided at the end?
>>
>>140761455
yeah
>>
>>140761455
she becomes the leader of the cult
>>
>>140758855
No Near ruined the show
>>
>>140759161
her first action took the course of death note off the track to a whole new story line
>>
>>140758951
honestly if you can't write good female characters it's probably better to leave them out. the only character that was really bad was misa desu
>>
>>140759161
>total screen time 10 minutes

stop lying
>>
The anime was so shit compared to the manga
>>
>>140761199
/pol/ and /r9k/ have a ton of overlap.
>>
File: 1.png (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1.png
5 KB, 200x200
>>140758855
all the female characters in DN are really just plot devices
>>
>>140765555
yeah but only misa makes your dick diamonds

witnessed
>>
>>140758912
Without Misa it would have been boring as fuck and you'd have to make some other character to break up all of the tension. The FBI officer's wife, if that's who you are talking about though, was great. Watching Light freak out as he realizes she might be on to him and getting her name to kill her was pretty cool.
>>
>>140759161
you are plainly incorrect and pretty goddamn faggoty
>>
>>140759204
I didn't read the mango, but if its similar to the anime in tone and presentation, the author did a shit job of writing an anti-death sentence story.
In the anime, it was completely glorified and made to look cool rather than evil. The director can do it, so I doubt it was his fault.
>>
>>140758855
She has the sexiest and bestest VA so of course she was.
>>
>>140765598
>early 2000's gothic lolita
>>
>>140759131
In that case the japanese point of view writes female characters like shit and Ohba is part of the problem.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.