[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /a/ like Evangelion: Lite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: rahxephon-29-1.jpg (104 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
rahxephon-29-1.jpg
104 KB, 800x600
Does /a/ like Evangelion: Lite?
>>
>>140753823
>implying anyone on /a/ is old enough to have seen Rahxephon
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>140753823
i like this gundam
>>
>>140753823
Yes, it was fantastic.
>>
>>140753823
A lot of my friends recommended it to me when it was coming out on DVD, but I never really got the appeal of it personally. I've given it a second chance a time or two but never gotten far.

I thought Hemisphere was a pretty good OP though.
>>
No.
>>
>>140753823

It had some of its own things going, and was definitely a BONES production. But you could see that they were a studio which could eventually make KEANU REEVES.

I can't say I liked RahXephon, though. The lead was unappealing.
>>
>>140753823
is that yandere dev?
>>
I tried to both watch and read it and could only ever get as far as him like teleporting or whatever before dropping it.
>>
>>140753823
I don't know, it confused me more than eva because it was kinda boring and I stopped paying attention. I need to rewatch it.
The enemies are boring and the characters aren't as compelling.
The mother's voice is haunting though.
Is the movie recommendable?
>>
>>140753823
Better than Evangelion.
>>
>>140754094
I know that's not true since not-misato is nowhere close Misato
>>
>>140754093
>Is the movie recommendable?
the movie is pretty shit honestly.
>>
>>140753898
I am
>>
>>140753972
Hemisphere was the best thing of this show.

The OST is almost entirely shit however, which is ironic considering this is an anime closely related to music.
>>
>>140753823
I dropped it
>>
>>140755973
This. I remember some review praising it's ost, but it was so bland. Biggest disappointment about the whole show.
>>
>>140753898
I bought the manga series (all three volumes) many many years before I ever even watched the anime.
>>
>>140753823
I personally don't think it was that good, there were some good ideas here and there, but generally the show was kinda boring.

In the end if someone asked me to recommend him a robo anime that spawned from the Eva success I'd still tell him to watch Argento Soma instead.
>>
File: rax.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
rax.webm
3 MB, 480x360
>>140753823
had better drama than Evangelion and didnt need edgy allegories to push it
>>
>>140753823
Yes
>>
>>140756070
Argento Soma was garbage
>>
/a/ hates everything
>>
It's better than Eva and even made more sense
>>
>>140758780
>dumbed down NGE isn't as confusing
Well sure
>>
>>140754239
You're right. She's miles better.
>>
>>140758967
That is if you think NGE is smart and not just a total clusterfuck of poor planning, running out of budget and lack of story telling ability.
>>
>>140753823
You mean "what Evangelion could have been if it was actually good".
>>
>>140759260
Boring and forgettable? Geez good thing it was "bad"
>>
>>140753898
I actually recently watched this, then realized I saw it years ago on TechTv before hand.
>>
>>140753823
>Rahxephon
Yeah, remember this from when I was young, it aired on TV during the golden age of anime along with Paranoia Agent, Lain, Bebop, Shamploo, etc.

It tried to be some kind of mix between Evangelion and FFVII but it kind of fell flat, I have a hard time remembering the plot, apart from Mu, the pink haired girl Quon and I think the main girl was the one he dreamed about, that stuck with me. Later I would learn of BONES and yes, you can tell this is one of their shows
>>
Garden of everything is just great
>>
so is this show worth watching or not? if we drop the comparisons to NGE, how does it hold up
>>
>>140759410
You're describing NGE there, so I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>140764588
go back to watching haremshit, pleb
>>
>>140764899
>pleb
said the NGE watcher.
>>
>>140765212
>said the NGE watcher.
it is well known that those who appreciate this complex story are the elite amongst the heathens.
>>
>>140753823
>Lite
It's pretty heavyweight on all fronts, I'm not sure what you're trying to imply. Great show.
>>
>>140753898
I watched it as well
SORE DEMO
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.