[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into GitS, but it seems like there's a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
I want to get into GitS, but it seems like there's a lot of different variations of it, and I know nothing about it.

Where should I start? What specials/movies are worth watching?
>>
>>140735225
Start with Arise.
>>
wait for the live action movie. the anime only good entry is 1995 movie. the tv has shit art
>>
>>140735225

Start with the original Ghost in the shell movie or Stand Alone Complex. After you finish one of those, continue with the sequel movie, Innocence, or sequel season, 2nd Gig as well as Solid State Society. Then watch the the two/three things you didn't watch. Then watch Arise and its movie if you want to.

You can also read the manga if you want to. It's got boobs and philosophical themes. The true core of Masamune Shirow.

>>140737020

This guy's playing around.

>>140737087

This guy's a jaded old man.

Have fun.
>>
>>140738191
>>140737087

Old man? Thats an obvious newfag.

"The art isnt as good as SAO and AoT therefore its shit."

Fucking Christ.
>>
Watch both seasons of SAC

Watch the first movie

Don't watch the remake of the first movie

Watch the second movie if you dare

Don't watch Arise, but do post in every thread about it you see to tell everyone who likes it that it's shit
>>
>>140738593

2nd movie is good though. I get the too many quotes thing but the art and animation is still superb.
>>
>>140735225
Watch the first movie, then SAC and 2nd GIG, then SSS, and if you really want to, watch the second movie and Arise, but you can skip those two in my opinion. Try to find the 2007 BRD rip of the first movie. It has better colors and no shitty added CG.
>>
>>140735225
There is 3 continuities

Manga, original story.

Ghost in the Shell Movie + Innocence, adaptation of the manga but differs in tone and some aspects

Tv series, adaptation with multiple series

Arise, new continuity

Note that all adaptations differs from the original
>>
>>140738714
4* continuities
>>
>>140738695
SAC is way more accessible than the movie
>>
>>140738532
who are you quoting? the tv series does have bad art. the cg IG production had at the time sucked. look at seirei no moribito made after gits and looked better (same director)
>>
manga is the best and thing you should read first
the first movie might be worth it
ignore everything else as it's too oshii'd or subpar
>>
GitS is just a shitty blade runner

watch evangelion
>>
>>140735225
Production order. Stop after SAC: Solid State Society. Arise is shit.
>>
>>140738770
that's true, but everyone should watch the movie first if they've seen none of the GITS animations before.
>>
>>140738191
>It's got boobs and philosophical themes
i live for this shit man
>>
Everything but Arise basically. Arise is fundamentally bad because it doesn't capture what ghost in the shell is about. Its a focus on a specific type of philosophy and the promotion of technobabble. Arise ditches these important concepts and instead makes a braindead action series. Its ok but it aint ghost in the shell.
>>
>>140735225

I did it like this:

>Original 1995 Movie
>Innocence 2004 (sequel to 1995 movie)
>Prequel movie 2015
>TV shows in order of release

I personally hated the 2008 remake due to its ugly CGI, but that's just my preference.
>>
File: Dominion - Maybe Have an Affair.png (687 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
Dominion - Maybe Have an Affair.png
687 KB, 639x480
>>140739795

Yeah, he does it in a way that's quite enjoyable. Check out Dominion if you haven't already. More Shirow. It's got, like, three anime adaptions if you don't want to read. I've watched the first one and it was quite interesting. A nice combination of Patlabor and Shirow's boobs and philosophy. Even had Izumi as the main character.
>>
File: 1398146146392.gif (558 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
1398146146392.gif
558 KB, 300x284
>>140738695
I agree and support this.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.