[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched Season 1 subbed and man, it is great. The music,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: Digimon_Adventure.jpg (141 KB, 471x726) Image search: [Google]
Digimon_Adventure.jpg
141 KB, 471x726
I just watched Season 1 subbed and man, it is great. The music, the character development, it's an entirely different show. I started back in 2009, and then stopped. Finally went and finished it and I have no regrets.

Digimon thread? And on that note, what was wrong with Season 2? I'm starting that as I type this.
>>
Here is some advice

Stop now and dont watch any other season.
Its not worth it, Im having a painful time because I told myself I was going to watch every digimon anime
At savers at the moment
Its fucking shit, everything outside adventure is putrid shit
Yes even tamers
>>
>>140687063
It can't be THAT bad, can it?
>>
>>140687236

And whats wrong with season 2 you ask?

What isnt wrong?
They introduce 3 characters that are plain and boring as shit
Plot keeps dropping ideas left and right and never develops a single one
Plot is retarded on many ways, the way the adventure kids act make no sense

I found this autist is on point about everything

http://theegad.livejournal.com/3395.html
>>
>>140686908
I watched these recently too (well, almost a year ago now) and season 1 was great and still the best.
I think I ended up expecting too much from Tamers because it just couldn't compete, felt pretty disappointing honestly, I think most people only remember those parts towards the end and with nostalgia in the mix they end up getting another idea (I know I did too) but it really was nothing special and season 1 (and 2 partially as well, though that had its fair share of problems) just nailed that adventure feel that you just don't see that often anymore.
>>
>>140687063
>>140687350
I remember checking out that guy's reviews a long time ago.

But what's wrong with tamers then? It's around Adventures tier anyways.
>>
I'm liking 02 so far. It's a little slow, but no one's bugging me so far, except for Miyako.
>>
>>140686908
There are a number of shit episodes (The 'Demidevimon lies to TK and he spends 90% of the episode crying' one springs to mind), but overall the season was high quality. I've been a fan of the Dark Masters ever since.
>>
>>140686908
It sure sucked if you watched the american dub. The OSTs are excellent. Adventure is by fay the best season. Tamer was ok. The rest, pure crap, imo.

About Adventure 2, the creators didn't even know what was coming after every arc (this is true, google it). Characters were fucked up, there were a lot of plotholes... Actually, the whole plot was crap. I believe the thing is that they had maybe good ideas but were poorly executed/delivered. I mean, the Digimon Emperor is a great concept, but it was awful watching it. And from there on, it's just stupid plot.
>>
Adventure and Tamers are by far the best of the franchise. Xros Wars is okay. The others are all crap-to-mediocre. Especially 02.
>>
>>140686908
> what was wrong with Season 2
Malomyotismon. The End. Literally.
That and TaiXSora not being a thing like the damn movie hinted at goddammit.
>>
>>140694689
Wasn't that a dub-only thing?
>>
>>140695749
Nope, and in fact Kakudou decided on that and didn't tell anyone until the last minute. There wasn't any romance but the subplot was still there.
>>
>>140687063
Tamers is not putrid shit. It's pretty good, plot-wise, it's better than Adventure. Frontier is ok, but kinda boring. Also, it's very moster of the week.
>>
>>140696709
Another anon here, although I wouldn't agree on Tamers being better than AD01, but you're right about Tamers and Frontier in general though.
>>
>>140687236
He is full of shit
If you want to be critical to all seasons and not let the rose tint of nostalgia interfere, they are all shit with great moments
Adventure is experimental as fuck to the point it was supposed to end in file island but good TV ratings kept it afloat, so several ass pulling to forward the plot happens

02 is the same just with less great moments and more unlikable characters

Tamers is where they started to care about the writing but at the same time, its a kid show made to move toys and TCGs so stupid shit happens for no reason other to make kids buy tuff
Frontier is heavily inspired on super sentai and its front loaded with its share of good material, then the second half happens and its nothing but shit till the final battle (note, final battle is pretty good)

Savers is like they had the best brain storm about the concept but forgot to get a decent writer for most episodes and let the marketing team fill in between the actual good episodes

Xwars was them saying "Fuck it all, WE /m/ NOW!"
Decent scenes here and there, best MC in a tactical way, loads of digiwoman fanservice and a great ending
Xwars Time Hunters was the marketing team taking over and writing an extra season and fanwanking the franchise, everything in it sucks, the only good thing to come out of it was two doujins about one of the new characters, that's it

Digimon Tri takes place after adventure and adventure 02, so far its fanfic plus shipping

If you REALLY want good digimon, play the games aimed at young adults, they have good plots and ideas and don't let the ball drop (Digimon Re:Digitalize and Digimon Story Cyber Seluth)
>>
>>140696709
Frontier is better than Tamers you stupid shitlord.
>>
>>140697169
>so several ass pulling to forward the plot happens

>guys, maybe the universe isn't just this tiny island...maybe there is a continent out there
>asspulling

If you thought File island was ever going to be the end you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>140697358
>thought
It was the original endng, Toei made the digimon TV show to try out digital animation (first Toei show to be digitally animated) and they had secured a spot for around 8 episodes, once they got feedback from TV ratings they secured more and more until they ended at 52 episodes, hence why everything during file island is self contained and retro explained in much later episodes

Continents existing is not an asspull, just a logical conclusion some one would have had if they were told to keep the story going

Shoehorning the plot of the movie into it and going "all digi destined lived in the same apartment building" is asspuling
Sure, great scenes were born out of that, but Adventure is still a kids show made to sell toys that got lucky it had competent people in its writing staff to keep the boat afloat enough to make the franchise boom
>>
>>140698061
>Shoehorning the plot of the movie into it and going "all digi destined lived in the same apartment building" is asspuling
While I agree with you, I liked it.
>>
>>140698149
I liked it too anon, don't worry

Gotta love those bolero scenes that were born out of it and tai going back to the digi world
>>
How was the movie?
>>
>>140698367
Which one?

First one? Absolutely disgusting fanfiction. The only remarkable moment was the last fight that lasted 2 minutes, and it was in the last 10 minutes of the episode.

Second one? It was pretty good, I bit of asspulling to make togemon and ikakumon evolve though.

Also why the fuck can they transform to Zudomon and shit when they don't have the crests?
>>
>>140687063
Fuck off nostalgiafag. Adventurefags are just as bad as DMfags I swear.
>>
3 > 1 >> 2 > 4 >>>> the rest

3 was a legitimately decent anime, although it did drag on a bit long.
1 was a pretty funny cartoon.
The rest aren't ready noteworthy at all.
>>
>>140687063
Tamers is really good too.

>>140690918
02 isnt that good but its entertaining and have some dark and epic moments too, watch it dont bother to listen to /a/
>>
>>140698948

>01 funny cartoon
>funny cartoon
>01
>3 decent anime but somehow 01 is a funny cartoon
take the glasses off
>>
>>140698543
>Also why the fuck can they transform to Zudomon and shit when they don't have the crests?

I have no idea. If we go by Adventure, they didn't really need the crests since the power to evolve their Digimon was already inside them... but then 02 had them give it up for eternal peace in the Digital World.

Tri would make way more sense if 02 didn't happen.
>>
>>140700257
I have nostalgia for both, and I just recently rewatched both seasons.

1 definitely felt more cartoon. It was more episodic, and comedic. It's not an insult.
3 felt much more serious, as though they were trying to make it a show with actual substance and plot. Again, this does not inherently make it a better show.
>>
>>140700356

what was so "dark and serious" about tamers? only since impmon turned into belzeemon fought takato and killed leomon, and that's nearly the end of the series.
Adventure had more dark moments and deaths all through the series, not to mention more a lot of feel moments too. Vandemon's arc alone is better than tamers, and yes, its more dark than tamers.
>>
>>140700596
I never even called it dark dude.

I just felt the season was much more serious and plot oriented.

They were both great though, don't get me wrong.
>>
>>140700740
The Dark Masters was more serious than anything in 3.
>>
>>140700829
So was Myotismon but don't tell him that a digimon tried to enslave humanity and started kidnapping children left and right over you know...just some shitty digimons getting captured and some edgy digimon growing in power till he becomes dark dante gunslinger mode.
>>
File: Digimon15key.jpg (443 KB, 1133x1600) Image search: [Google]
Digimon15key.jpg
443 KB, 1133x1600
>>140687063

Digimon Tri. is out (well the first 2 movies) and so far it's fucking amazing
>>
File: 1440137033113.jpg (41 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1440137033113.jpg
41 KB, 500x294
>>140701020
>>
>>140700596
>>140700740
>>140700829
>>140700938
To his deference, I bet he's referring to the dubbed version of Ad01. It is far more "kid friendly" in atmosphere compared to Tamers. Tamers felt "dark" throughout the show, like the sub original version of Ad01. 'Mericans will always think Tamers is more serious than Ad01 thanks to the dub.
>>
>>140700938
not even a digimon, some crappy program that became real into a shitty pink mass, sure the thing was dangerous and treat as shit, but come on, a vampire kidnapper, rapist, mad, that even put to sleep adults in order to keep raping childrens isnt some serious shit dunno what will be, this being not even the final boss
>>
>>140701667
almost every anime if not all dubbed in NA is shit and full of stupid puns and kid friendly. "believe it"
its not a fair argument, since the show itself without even the dub says a lot bout the context.
>>
>>140701425
How can an opinion be bait?
>>
>>140702135
It really isn't, I agree. I just figure that's got to be his reasoning and anyone else's one to see Tamers as that "edgy" show over what the original had in tones.
>>
>>140697169
That's what I intend to do. I feel Daisuke is underrated and I liked his relationship with Ken. 02 feels a lot more empty.
>>
>>140688749
Tamers is just not that good at all in my opinion, final boss is crap, too much focus on adultsm digiworld is just a desert, dobermon, ryo.
Mediocre at best and I rewatched it recently
>>
>>140697169
Nah you are full of shit
Respect my opinion you shitter
Digimon is unbearable outside adventures and I stand by that
>>
>>140701020
Fucking shit you mean.
Seriously is might get better but so far is garbage
>>
File: wada_kouji.jpg (43 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
wada_kouji.jpg
43 KB, 600x449
>>140686908
RIP Wada Kouji and thank you for all those great songs making Digimon so special.
>>
File: 1350760621454.gif (15 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
1350760621454.gif
15 KB, 275x300
>>140687063
>Yes even tamers
>>
>>140697169
>02 is the same just with less great moments and more unlikable characters
02 is like the complete opposite of Adventure. They stripped away all the good except for the OST and replaced it by garbage.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.