[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this show considered good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: download (3).jpg (12 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
12 KB, 251x201
So this show is pretty much considered one of the "great" anime, and i really don't understand why. It is alright, but doesnt seem to be a masterpiece or anything.
>>
>>140675148
The best anime ever, without any doubt, is Evangelion. Not only is the plot amazing, it delivers important themes about society and has a lot of symbols about religion. Pisses me off that people don't understand how beautiful this anime is and I just want to punch them in the face.
>>
File: 1447162859385.webm (1 MB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1447162859385.webm
1 MB, 640x426
It has good music.
It looks really good.
Characters aren't just 2-dimensional caricatures but actually act and change like real people. They are flawed and are extremely relateable for a lot of people.
It's "original", taking influence from all over the place creating a somewhat unique atmosphere.
It's really honest. It's message about escapism and human life, while not really subtle, is handled really well (Instrumentality is a beautiful metaphor). It's not 2deep4u like some people pretend.
>>
>>140675254
Sounds somewhat like it's daddy Ideon. The differences between the two though seems that NGE would be more character driven, while Ideon is more of an anti-war message.
>>
>>140675902
*its
I hate fucking up like that.
>>
File: You_tell_them_Shinji.jpg (21 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
You_tell_them_Shinji.jpg
21 KB, 640x480
>>140675902
NGE is pretty much the sequel to Ideon
>>
EoE was a great anime. NGE was not. The rebuilds are a mixed bag.
>>
>>140675254
The best anime ever is DBZ
>>
File: Ideon 16.png (860 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Ideon 16.png
860 KB, 960x720
>>140675902
>while Ideon is more of an anti-war message.

A pretty shitty one if you ask me. Granted I'm only at episode 26 but the conflict isn't handled well imo.
The fighting continues because people act like retards and are totally blind to what the enemy has to say.
The Buff Clan is to "evil" if you ask me. They even get an offered to trade the Ideon and Solo ship for a new ship, but they have to promise to stop the attacks. They fucking decline.
Making one faction good and one evil is a shitty way of telling a war story if you ask me.
MSG did it better because politics were involved.

>>140676086
Yep.

>>140676129
Yes but why?
>>
>>140675148
1. story is pretending to be "deep" but once you understand everything you'll see how most shit is just "muh symbolism". Also this was one of the first edgy shows which many people watched back then.
2. gainax
3. gainax
>>
>>140675148
It has outstanding animation. Kinda like Habanero currently is doing for our time.
>>
>>140675148

Read the manga, the anime is mediocre compared.
>>
>>140678716
I consider it a deconstruction of not just the mecha genre, but also of the overuse of symbolism, considering that Anno has gone on record saying that he was just using imagery he thought looked good rather than their having symbolic value. Hell, the name "Neon Genesis Evangelion" was just a bunch of words he thought sounded good. It's a lot less deep than a lot of people think it is, but it has some depth.
>>
literally everyone has a shit opinion on eva. if you want to know the truth just watch it yourself and don't let anyone try and trick into thinking it's anything less than amazing.

>muh pretentious symbolism
fuck off with that shit

eva is good because of the complex characterization that literally EVERY major character has. you can look at any character by the end of the series and understand everyone of their motivations.
>>
It took character-based drama to a whole new level.
>>
File: EoE cinegrid.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1690) Image search: [Google]
EoE cinegrid.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1690
Name a tv series or movie (be it animated or not) with a cast as well written or developed as Evangelion's, done?
Does it have a cinematography as good as pic related?
Does said series/movie have something important to say?
>>
>>140675148
It's not good, that's just a meme you dolt
>>
>>140686923
nigger...
>>
>>140687147
?
>>
>>140675148
Pretentious and overrated.
It functions as a wonderful bug catcher for newfags.
>>
>>140682266
This

Thought literally no one has read the manga.
>>
>>140686923
anyone?
>>
>>140678716
Hey look, the threadly philistine.
>>
>>140675819
That webm.
It's just a bunch of dicks and pussies. That's literally all the plot boils down to, just a bunch of genitalia and metaphors for birth and puberty and sex and shit.
>>
>>140682679
>I consider it a deconstruction
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>140683791
>eva is good because of the complex characterization that literally EVERY major character has
Too bad not a single one of them develops in any way and they all die in very violent ways at the end.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially /a/.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin.
>>
>>140688216
Watch the show before you come at me with this bullshit
>>
>>140688699
>animes

All I ever hear about these days is bawww anime fans are pedophiles.
>>
>>140688699
oh look it`s a tomino cock sucker.
>>
>>140675148
It's like the perfect balance between 2D and 3D.
>>
>>140675148
Bait harder, faggot.
>>
>>140684541
what's the bid deal about your Visual animation on pic related? I agree with you but fuck off, watch more shows. There's no reason to promote your pic related because it has nothing exeptional
>>
File: Brain_Powerd.png (613 KB, 1013x675) Image search: [Google]
Brain_Powerd.png
613 KB, 1013x675
>>140688699
Crotch pilots
>>
>>140689816
>best guess for this image
>human
why
>>
>>140690018
2deep
>>
>>140688699
At least there weren't any naked toddler in Eva. Now fuck off you and your shit taste.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.