[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do anime characters rarely blink? Even in Ghibli movies they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 722x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 722x768
Why do anime characters rarely blink? Even in Ghibli movies they don't blink regularly like most people. Meanwhile watch any cartoon even a youtube production and characters blink in regular intervals. Is it intentional or just a bad habit?
>>
Blinking is a sign of weakness.
>>
Blinking happens when you turn u r head
>>
>>140665690
>watch any cartoon and characters blink in regular intervals

they do?
>>
Anime people arent humans. The huge eyes are adapted for hunting at night. Like owls they do not blink
>>
>>140665744
Yes they do
It took me more than a decade to actually notice the lack of blinking in anime.
>>
Their eyelids are heavy, if they blink on a regular basis, the weak muscle can be damaged forever.

Do you really thought their big eyes were just for show?
>>
>>140665771
Owls blink though and they have several layers of eyelids like most Hunting birds.
I like to think that anime characters have extremely moist eyes since they are so huge.
>>
>>140665873
Fine. Like... CEPHALOPODS they do not blink.
>>
>>140665690
You think that's weird? Well, I'm going to blow your mind: they NEVER poop
>>
>>140665873
Wouldn't the size of the eyes make them less moist, since they're so huge they're more prone to drying out?
Considering wind and such.
>>
>>140665909
At least bring some vertebrates for the discussion.
>>
File: danishpepe.png (16 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
danishpepe.png
16 KB, 650x650
>>140665957
>they NEVER poop
They do in my doujins, though.
>>
>>140665982
Anime characters aren't vertebrates, so the comparison wouldn't be very germane. At most, they have an exoskeleton, like insects, and I'm not even sure they have that.
>>
>>140665690
You idiot. It's obvious they blink at the same exact moments as you so you naturally miss it.
>>
>>140666200
But, we have seen x-ray and bones, are you suggesting that was fake?
>>
>>140665960
Their eyes produce more moisture
>>
>>140666248
Every fucking time?
Seriously though play the no blink game on any random anime character and you will most likely lose
>inb4 you choose motherfuckers like Brock or Ichimaru Gin
>>
>>140666248
My frame by frame analysis says otherwise.
>>
>>140666294
Anime eyes are Arrakeen water traps.
>>
blink is for the weak
>>
>>140666288
Those aren't bones anon.
>>
>>140666294
Well, yes. But only because they are more prone to dryness.
Now the question is whether they produce more than we do. You know, on a ratio-basis.
>>
>>140665690
It was a inside joke and the only one who knew it died
>>
>>140666376
Fear is the mind killer
>>
>>140666434
Is Cartilage shown in x-rays?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.