[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aria the Animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: download (1).jpg (15 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
15 KB, 284x177
Holy shit, episode 11 was literally perfect. Just absolutely beautiful, I would be shocked if I were the only one who cried. I love this show, and I can't believe it took me this long to watch it
>>
Yeah, it really is an all-time gem. If Amanchu can even remotely hold a candle to it this summer I'll be thrilled.
>>
>>140656303
I cried at episode 4. Get on my level.
>>
I love every season of Aria and while Animation and Natural made me emotional, I didn't cry. Arietta and and especially Origination made me cry my eyes out.
>>
File: fun_things_are_fun.png (293 KB, 940x444) Image search: [Google]
fun_things_are_fun.png
293 KB, 940x444
>>140656507
Amanchu is just fun tbqhwyf
>>
>>140656578
pls nigga
I was already crying during the OP of episode 1.
>>
>>140656303
I didn't cry in any moment yet I love this anime.
I still think the cats are not needed though,
>>
The next two seasons are even better.
Aria is the pinnacle of comfiness.
>>
>>140657361
I'm sorry you can't enjoy the greatness of Aria shachou
>>
>>140657589
no, even president aria has his moments (that episode where they genderbent and he's bros with hime-male, priceless)

cait-sith... thats what I have a problem with.
>>
>>140657738

What, you mean this isn't cute? It's not like this is what nightmares are made of or anything.
>>
File: caitsith2.jpg (338 KB, 1139x1765) Image search: [Google]
caitsith2.jpg
338 KB, 1139x1765
>>140657738
DUDE MAGIC LMAO
>>
I wanna get high and watch Aria.
>>
>>140659955
nice digits, and you should. I am high and was while I watched the episode and made the tread, it was marvellous
>>
Didn't really start to feel for the series until episode 11. Some people drop before it, which is a shame.
>>
>>140656303
Just wait until you get to S3E9 and every ep after that.
>>
File: weg-aria.png (697 KB, 1100x500) Image search: [Google]
weg-aria.png
697 KB, 1100x500
>>140656303
>>
Which Aria is the semenest demon?
>>
its boring
its ugly
it has no characters only walking tropes
the ost is forgettable at best
>>
>>140662665
they're all cuties, but arias are for admiring, not for loving

>>140662683
bait
>>
>>140662683
>having this much shit taste
>>
>>140662711
They're for admiring once you get to know them. For the new girls I can't think of anything but which one I most want to stick my dick into.
>>
What is it people like about Aria anyway? I found the series to be a chore to go through. I waddled on through the seasons hoping it would get better, but never found the appeal.
>>
>>140662857
You're not suteki enough.
>>
>>140662857
Spotted the Narutard.
>>
>>140662711
>>140662734
Found the Man-Home plebs.
>>
>>140662874
I'll give you that, but I can never see how this particular episode is good, how that one is sad, or how that one makes you cry or how so does so and so. I get that the anime is about muh healing, but if the only things I ever see will be buttfuddled man babies - like the anon below you, meme replies and shitposts from the fans who worship an anime that supposedly teaches otherwise, then I can hardly see it as deep or as emotional as what most of you say.

O woe is my plight to never see the beauty in howa's, deka's, and kinshi's. This you should pity rather than despise. Do otherwise and know that I don't even know why I'm asking when I'll only ever see MAL tier replies, circlejerking and more bait
>>
I have a couple of questions about aria :)

Is it actually a sci fi or is it more just people doing people things in a setting that happens to be sci fi?

How different are the manga and anime and ovas?
>>
>>140663511

people doing people things in a setting that happens to be sci fi

anime is pretty close adaptation, some things happen in different order, some character interactions are changed and some manga chapters weren't animated, the new OVAs adapt some of those. there's atleast one anime original episode too. it's worth it to check out both
>>
>>140663511

and since I got dubs you have to spoon feed me its the rules ;))))
>>
>>140663236
>greengrocer's apostrophes
Fucking dropped
>>
>>140663236
For me Aria is good because its direction is (at times) absolutely stellar, and never falls below good. This isn't to say that it's avant-garde or anything, but rather that it conveys the emotional heft when it has to really well. The stories might be simple ones (oftentimes too simple) but there are some gems among them. As a whole Aria really is mostly just silly and light hearted and fun, but if you can get into the rhythm then it's tremendously pleasant to watch. Many watch it as much for the emotional bits as for the comfy ones, I think.

But sometimes I do feel that /a/ hypes up Aria a little too much. Where're you up to, anyway?
>>
>>140656303
Nigga I've watched the whole franchise several times and I still tear up. Aria is just that fucking beautiful.
>>
>>140663599
Serious reply:
Aria is often compared to Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, because both are about the simplicity of life carrying on post-apocalypse.
It's implied that Man-Home's environment has collapsed. Growing up there, Akari never swam in the ocean or dug in the earth. Venice subsided into the sea. Aqua itself wasn't always so peachy; earlier settlers had to face hardships and danger. And Amano really went out of her way to describe how much work would go into maintaining a terraformed Mars, even if the science is vague.
In that context, Aria is an epic story about a girl who wants to help humanity come to love their new frontier as much as she does.

Non Non Biyori, by the way, has a similar premise- schools with less than ten children are not unheard of in rural Japan, as a result of catastrophic economic collapse and ongoing population loss throughout the countryside.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.