[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1454052616304.gif (776 KB, 514x667) Image search: [Google]
1454052616304.gif
776 KB, 514x667
Hello /a/ I wanted to start doing subs and wanted to know if you guys know any good programs?
>>
>>140648955
Most professional subbing groups tend to use Paint and Audacity.
>>
>>140648955
>Long Bread, cut in half, lengthwise
>Turkey
>Olive Oil
>Tomato
>Lettuce
>Purple Onion
Put all the ingredients that aren't bread in between the bread ingredients. Wa la, a sub
>>
You need a cool fansub name like [cuckfaggotry] or [megumi/a/shit]
>>
>>140648955
If you do this shit make sure to make the op and ed with sing along.
>>
Aegisub. Also good luck with that.
>>
>>140650888
Why is subbing hard?
>>
File: 1369265430974.jpg (50 KB, 446x515) Image search: [Google]
1369265430974.jpg
50 KB, 446x515
>>140649100
There you go OP.
>>
>>140650980
Some shows are easier than others, and people will nitpick at your quality nonstop if you could have perhaps used a better word in some sentence, and they also rag on you if you were too lazy to translate a sign on a wall, or message on a paper or something, if anyone else did.

So basically keep a thesaurus/dictionary open if you're on the fence on how to describe something.
>>
>>140648955
>I wanted to start doing subs
Hmm, well that's fine, I'd suggest bondage sites, such as BDSMU.
>>
>>140648993
And Notepad.
>>
Bring back the age of Translation Note. I actually enjoyed those no matter how retarded some were.
>>
Aegisub is the standard and by far most used program used for creating subs.

You can and should use ffmpeg for encoding, although faggots will vehemently insist that you use avisynth.

You don't want to get into fnasubbing anyway, it's cancerous.
>>
Do Scanlation unless you plan on subbing older stuff. Crunchyroll/Funi/Hulu/etc. killed basically any reason to do actual fansubs.
>>
>>140655076
>encoding
>not just putting subs on the raw and calling it a day
Most of the shit people watch is stream rips anyway, they'll probably be glad for anything better than that.
>>
>>140654347
Same
>>
You need to code the file using binary.
>>
>>140648955
You do not want to get into this.
>>
>>140655347
We didn't even start chanting yet, go away.
>>
Editing subs is simple, anyone with a decent grasp on english can do it.

Timing takes a bit of effort but most people won't notice as long as you're decent and can snap to keyframes.

Typesetting takes a lot of effort to make something that blends, even being knowledgeable doesn't mean you'll be any good.

Encoding is like 90% preset profiles, 10% doing what you think looks right because no one except autists on bakabt will even notice the difference between releases.
>>
File: da lord and savior.jpg (25 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
da lord and savior.jpg
25 KB, 230x230
>>140655347
It's been so long, I don't even know if that's your real trip.
>>
>>140655347
I know it was you who caused those earthquakes.
>>
>>140655431
The real one's starts with H.264
>>
>>140655405
>timing
>effort
You could probably jack off while doing it without losing anything. It's just boring, not difficult.
>>
>>140655616
I'd argue that's not the case with a show that's visually interesting and not seasonal crap. But even then, I'm saying that it's only a bit, where editing is just knowing english and being able to use a keyboard.
>>
>>140655347
Found you, faker!
>>
>>140655696
I don't think I've timed anything super visually interesting, but unless it's interesting because of short cuts or something, I don't see that affecting timing all that much. Like, I wouldn't expect Utena to be a particularly difficult job to time, but those are definitely top tier visuals.
>>
>>140655866
By visually interesting I am talking more about the cuts than what's on screen. Steady panning shots or just something that's there to fill space while someone rambles off exposition, they're the easiest thing in the world. But you do have to think when you get lines that last too long into a new frame or if you want to break up a line unnaturally around a few jumps.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.