[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't understand this movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
I didn't understand this movie
>>
gits is only good for the animation
>>
>>140636384
It's kind of hard to understand it when they're just shoving quotes down your throat for an hour and a half. How Oshii managed to make this movie when he made such a well done, thought-provoking movie like the '95 movie, I will never understand.

The CGI was the best part though, ironically. No other anime film has really been able to come close to it.
>>
>>140636384
The second half is lame. The first bro cop half was entertaining
>>
>>140636384
I ended up liking it a tiny bit better than the first.
After reading a published scholarly article explaining all the themes and references Oshii drew from. But no one wants to do homework after watching anime, so I understand the lack of appeal.
>>
>>140637057
Yeah, there's show and not tell, then there's not competently using a medium to explain your ideas.
>>
>>140637057
I liked it better too. Reminded me of Blade Runner
>>
I remember the festival/parade scene in the second half blew my mind.

Fantastic art.
>>
>>140637057
>doesnt link to article
danks

But yeah, I liked Innocence a lot too. Also, when Ohira doesnt go batshit insane with his animation, but tied down like he was in this movie, he makes gud sakuga.
>>
>>140637641
Oh snap, Ohira made scenes for this movie? I don't even remember seeing them.
>>
>>140637448
It doesn't look so good now. The CG hasn't aged well
>>
>>140637448
was t it all cg?
>>
Not much really happened. They just stopped a criminal enterprise.

Now the first movie, I've no idea what was going on
>>
The dolls are spooky
>>
The story was alright. But I liked the visuals and mood. One of the closest things to a hard-boiled or noir anime.
>>
>>140639157
Still looks great IMO. Besides, dat music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE
>>
>>140636384
Haven't seen Arise but this is easily the shittiest part of the GitS franchise. Awful, uninteresting plot and antagonist, Everyone speaks in quotes the whole movie and most of them are irrelevant. The only decent part was one action scene. The original movie only scratched the surface on what GitS is and can be. This proceeds to take shit on it.
>>
>>140636826
>It's kind of hard to understand it when they're just shoving quotes down your throat for an hour and a half

Not trying to call you out really but I've never seen an argument about why this is a bad movie that isn't centered around the philosophy quotes. Yes it is very silly, but beyond that the movie is great.
>>
Better audio than anything.
>>
>>140636384
>I didn't understand this movie
Good, its shit.
The first movie was the only one worth watching.
>>
>>140637057
Link?
>>
>>140636384
Most of /a/ are too stupid to understand it so it gets thrown under the bus most of the time. It's a masterpiece.
>>
>there are people who liked this more than the first movie
Fucking mouth breathing inbred retards.
>>
>>140644854
It's the opposite you fucking retard. People who can actually think preferred the second movie.
>>
File: trs05.jpg (43 KB, 640x341) Image search: [Google]
trs05.jpg
43 KB, 640x341
>>140637057
True Oshii fans either already fully understand his influences and themes, or are willing to do some research to be able to fully appreciate his work.

Plebs gonna pleb.
>>
>>140636384
I never liked the movies.
But i fucking loveSAC and the secuel.
>>
Pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>140637307
GITS is basically Blade Runner from top to bottom.
>>
>>140646105
I tried watching a bit of SAC and it didn't really meet my expectations. Is it worth finishing?
>>
>>140646105
The director of SAC is a hack faggot that even admitted he was just trying to copy Oshii to the point where he hoped the audience would think it was the same director. So you like the fake cheapo version more than the actual one. Shit taste doesn't get more objective than this.

Source: https://github.com/caraya/docs/blob/master/interview-kenji-kamiyama.md
>The Ghost in the Shell TV series inherited many aspects from Director Oshii. I didn't try to distinguish myself from Director Oshii, Instead, I totally tried to copy him. By nature, I like emulating others. I try to be like some that's well admired. If I was a fan of some band, I'd be copying everything they do, even their clothes and hairstyles. I'm that kind of person.
>After it was finished, I was absolutely sure that it would appear very much like Director Oshii's work. I was sure that if the ending credit showed Mamoru Oshii, the audience would have believed it was Oshii-san's work.
>>
>>140646366
I try to stay away from fanboyism in general be it with studios or directors.
But i'm well aware that i have plebeian tastes and SAC is packed with action, which i love. So i will be always biased towards the anime.

>>140646338
Just watch the first season it is really good. The second is better but is more of the same.
>>
>>140646366
If he wanted to copy Oshii, he should have made a bad anime.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.